Anime General Discussion

One Piece is Naruto's counterpart: A very slow-moving plot full of apparent asspulls, but it has PIRATES instead of NINJA.

I couldn't get too far into One Piece because the concept of "good pirates" makes me laugh my :red: off and stop taking it seriously whenever I try to pick up where I stopped reading.

If you liked Mirai Nikki (Future Diary) you should try reading (Rabbit) Doubt, a psychological horror manga which makes it very, very hard to guess who the bad guy is. Even if you suspect it at some points, the manga will take care of making you doubt yourself. And the "Oh shi-" final chapter makes it much, much better.

Also, read Enigma of Amigara Fault. DRR DRR DRR DRR DRR DRR DRR

One Piece is Naruto's counterpart: A very slow-moving plot full of apparent asspulls, but it has PIRATES instead of NINJA.

I couldn't get too far into One Piece because the concept of "good pirates" makes me laugh my :red: off and stop taking it seriously whenever I try to pick up where I stopped reading.

If you liked Mirai Nikki (Future Diary) you should try reading (Rabbit) Doubt, a psychological horror manga which makes it very, very hard to guess who the bad guy is. Even if you suspect it at some points, the manga will take care of making you doubt yourself. And the "Oh shi-" final chapter makes it much, much better.

Also, read Enigma of Amigara Fault. DRR DRR DRR DRR DRR DRR DRR
Thanks for the feedback, RK. I'll be sure to look into your suggestions.

How about tokyo ghoul? Does anyone else like it ? It seems its not very popular which i dont understand why the characters are perfect :naughty:

My friend at school challenged me to watch some of One Piece (his favorite anime), and in return, he would try Future Diary. But I'm not interested at all in watching One Piece. So, tell me: is it any good?
Considering One Piece was my gateway back into anime I might not be able to give an objective opinion, but it's pretty fun. I decided to read through all of the WSJ Big 3 because :red: me and One Piece is probably my favorite out of the three by miles. It's really not something to be taken seriously at all and the world feels incredibly large in scope (Not like, Kawakami :red:ing 6-part world Owari/Horizon/Whatever large but pretty neat).

I am enjoying it quite a bit though. It can pull off having a semi-coherent plot while still being :red:ing ridiculous. It is the most sold manga ever so it's :red:ing mainstream, I mean, it has at least some quality.
How about tokyo ghoul? Does anyone else like it ? It seems its not very popular which i dont understand why the characters are perfect :naughty:
Botched anime adaptation that lead to too little people picking up the manga.

Also:
ddr____ddr____by_coelasquid.jpg

Okay fine let's not spoiler images and break the link.

My all time favorite anime has got to be Steins;Gate.
For the end of the Summer Simulcasts, I'm watching:
Terror in Resonance,
Tokyo ESP,
RWBY (Not technically an anime, but it's on Crunchyroll danggit!)
SAO II,
and Barakamon.
I was watching Encouragement of Climb 2, but then it never went past the first episode...

I'm currently anticipating what the Fall season has to offer, specfically Psycho-Pass season 2, and Selector Spread: Wixoss.

I'm a pretty big fan of anime, but I don't find enough time to watch it, so my list of animes I've watched is considerably smaller than my list of animes I need to watch.
These are all the animes I've watched that I can think of off the top of my head:

Fullmetal Alchemist (and FMA: Brotherhood)
Attack on Titan
Kill la Kill
Madoka Magica (as you can tell by my avatar)
K-On! (plus the second season)
Clannad (and Clannad: After Story)
Trigun
Gurren Lagann
Nichijou (possibly my favorite anime; I need to re-watch it)

As for movies, I've seen quite a few Miyazaki movies and I have yet to be the slightest bit disappointed. The animation, stories, and music are all just so fantastic.

It isnt that bad of an anime , i like the art style , but yeah the manga is better
Botched as in why would they do that to the order of events, why?!

And also censoring and stuff, because I'm not waiting for muh blu-ray releases.

From what I've seen of Tokyo Ghoul, I guess they were trying to be this decade's Cardcaptors.

I know ! It confused me at first , and i really dislike the censoring mainly because i watch gory animes because well gore , but the intro song is really good :naughty:

Try being the keyword there, no one can emulate the madness of CLAMP.

You didn't get the joke.

I meant Cardcaptors, not Card Captor Sakura. The US dub, we used it to scare children into obedience back in the nineties. The difference between both is even more mindscrewing than the old Sailor Moon dubs and the old Sailor Moon anime.

You didn't get the joke.

I meant Cardcaptors, not Card Captor Sakura. The US dub, we used it to scare children into obedience back in the nineties. The difference between both is even more mindscrewing than the old Sailor Moon dubs and the old Sailor Moon anime.
Okay, maybe not to that degree. Just a swapped arc to set off some sperging.
I hope that at least set the foundation for the expectations of PERFECT adaptations that PERFECTLY follow the plot of the source material that seems to exist now.

I hope that at least set the foundation for the expectations of PERFECT adaptations that PERFECTLY follow the plot of the source material that seems to exist now.

CardCaptors was basically where the proto-internet went "enough is enough, get your :red: together." Things could only improve from that rock bottom, though.

Sailor Moon had it bad too. Changed character traits, episodes where things happen skipped (the five Senshi die? Not in the dub because THINK OF THE CHILDREN!) and they even skipped the episode with the backstory of one of the five main girls (Venus) because it was, apparently, filler.

Anyhow... I haven't mentioned "All you need is kill." Disregard the Engrish title, the manga is good and short - anyone who watched Groundhog Day will know the plot, but will not easily guess the resolution. It made me cry. No, not manly tears, just tears.

I don't watch much anime, but I will say I love Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann so much. Kill la Kill to an extent as well, but Gurren Lagann was just way more awesome to me.

I'm watching only Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. But I'm reading the mangas of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Terra Formars, One Piece and Hunter X Hunter. I'll be reading Bersek soon.

Did I just hear DDR?
I mean... I'm a pretty good player myself. I guess I should record some new video on YouTube soon... (yeah, I have some DDR videos; my profile -> information -> YouTube link)

Did I just hear DDR?
I mean... I'm a pretty good player myself. I guess I should record some new video on YouTube soon... (yeah, I have some DDR videos; my profile -> information -> YouTube link)
All I have is this, which is a much more disgusting game than the one you played a year ago.

If you read Amigara, you'll keep seeing that thing dance instead of your chosen dancer. And DDR will automatically make you think of DRR DRR DRR. //"Nevermore."

Back
Top Bottom