Anime General Discussion

Been digging Junji Ito's work lately. A few complaints I have with most of his manga is the hanging ending, always leaving out so much for the audience to imagine and speculate. Guess that's what makes a horror story. And some of the things that goes on in the stories doesn't make too much sense at all to the point of humorous when it's supposedly meant to be scary. Anyway it's refreshing for me to read some different genre without being too disgusted or disturbed by it.
Kept thinking Hellstar Remina will fit in nicely in the Terraria throughout my time reading it, wonder why is that?
#Forget Death Star #Hellstar is way cooler

I just started watching Sword Art Online and went through 15 episodes in an evening. I don't know what to feel about it though (the storyline premise is cool but the story changes pace too suddenly?) but it sure is addictive...

Finished Tokyo ghoul , and i was so confused by how they ordered the events in the anime and didnt follow the order of the manga D:
The opening song made up for it though im in love with ling tosite sigure now.

Finished Tokyo ghoul , and i was so confused by how they ordered the events in the anime and didnt follow the order of the manga D:
The opening song made up for it though im in love with ling tosite sigure now.

Which do you recommend one should start with first? I've wanted to start on it but I think I only have the energy right now to either read or watch, not both, haha.

Which do you recommend one should start with first? I've wanted to start on it but I think I only have the energy right now to either read or watch, not both, haha.
I started with the manga and then anime
But watching the anime will make you skip quite some chapters of the manga as it clusters many events into one episode the manga just details some events a little more
Id go for the anime honestly since i like knowing how the characters sound and what they look like in color first :p
But you cant go wrong either way;)

InuYasha is mah favorite(screw u haters),oh and I loved the movie on Howl's moving Castle every since I was very young. Right now Im watching The Danganronpa and Persona 4 animes (Games were Awesome,cant wait for Persona 5:D) and Ghost hunt (someone reccomended it to me)

Watched this yesterday. It's a comedy. Can be a little innapropiate. Hope the mods don't mind.
lmao Plastic Nee-san is too funny!(and different) xD

Also wondering,is it allowed to talk about Visual Novels and JPRGS aswell? Or will that turn this into a Otaku general thread.

Last edited:
Visual novels and JRPGs aren't anime nor manga... There is an "other games" section for that stuff.
I second that. I'm fine with graphic novels, but visual novels are in the computer entertainment realm. Sure, there is often plenty of anime work done to produce RPGs and visual novels, but I don't know if that's what the OP wants to discuss. Perhaps we should wait and see what they have to say about it first.

So, to get back on subject, I ran into an anime a year or two ago that sort of killed my desire to look for new anime to watch.
C for Control. After the second episode, I disliked the art style, premise, pace and writing so much that I couldn't give another moment of my attention to it. This one came at the end of a string of animes I just didn't like. Not that any of the anime I found were "nails in a coffin," so to speak, but media isn't as inspiring as it once was across the board. I haven't enjoyed movies, comics, cartoons or anime in a long time, save only for Adventure Time, which isn't doing enough to keep my attention. Since GitS:SAC and FMA ended there has been absolutely no reason for me to own a television, and digging up things to watch online only shows me that I've already seen all the good stuff.

That, and top ten lists show that most people have only ever seen ten animes, and seven of them were bad. Many of the shows I thought were interesting have plot holes, bad visuals, lazy writing, and wouldn't belong on a top ten, and I still prefer everything I've mentioned over what most consider top tier. This makes it hard to find good things to watch by way of recommendation, because I feel as though I've already seen it all at this point.

I've been through over 6000 pages (by conservative estimate, CONSERVATIVE) of manga that resembles a Saw movie, manga that will remain unnamed (I said too much in an earlier post already). This trend of ultra-violent media doesn't have a nationality, so don't think I'm pointing the finger at a certain island (Britain). Have you read any underground American comics?

At the end of the day, Nichijou is preferred. I used to read all these dark, underground anime, reinforcing this dark idea of myself, but I found myself, and I'm actually very soft. Hence, why I'm a big fan of Ghibli up until Miyazaki left. Now that Ghibli has been owned by Disney for some time now, I don't know if I will be able to enjoy it as much in the near future. I much prefer Mononoke's character when compared to any Disney princess that makes the thin claim of representing strong women.

You think the same racist company responsible for Mulan is going to do anything good with a foreign studio? Disney will more likely hinder or attempt to bury Ghibli than anything. I'm not one of those people who believes Disney is part of an MK Ultra program, but I don't much care for how they turned it into a pole-dancer training alternative to MTV. It's sickening, and Disney has proliferated racism in their cartoons so much that it would be idiocy to trust them to do good with a Japanese studio.

Maybe in the next five years I'll have something new to gush about, and I'll bet that the next big anime I enjoy will not come from Ghibli studios. Storytellers like Miyazaki are many, but are not common, and not all studios have people like that.

If I ever have the time for it, I should watch some more anime...I have seen a bit of the "mainstream" ones like DBZ or Sailor Moon, but other than that I just hear something about a cool one and never get down to watching it :confused:

I'm rewatching Cardcaptor Sakura on Crunchyroll. I watched the heavily cut TV version as a kid but was always a bit mift that they didn't show even close to all the cards. I even bought a set of cards for it. I didn't find out until later about all the cuts. Recently I found the uncut dubs and have been binge watching them. It's fun to see the episodes I missed.

I'm rewatching Cardcaptor Sakura on Crunchyroll. I watched the heavily cut TV version as a kid but was always a bit mift that they didn't show even close to all the cards. I didn't find out until later about all the cuts. Recently I found the uncut dubs and have been binge watching them. It's fun to see the episodes I missed.

See also the second movie. While the first one is unrelated to the plot, the second movie wraps up the story in ways the manga never could.

See also the second movie. While the first one is unrelated to the plot, the second movie wraps up the story in ways the manga never could.
I will see if I can find the dub of that later. I like watching things in order. That was on of the things that messed me up about the TV version, they aired a lot of episodes out of order and cut others. Given that almost every episode until Earth they get a new power that was a bit confusing.

Eh, not the dub tho. I saw the English dub of that movie and it was almost as bad as the dub of the series.
I see. I have more fun watching the dub then the sub as it can be hard for me to keep up and still follow along with the action on screen. I know there is more then one dub of the series and right now I'm watching the 2nd one. Kind of like with One Piece, they did a better job the second time around. I have already dropped a few animes I may pick up again after the dub cums out.

Also I found the dub on Hulu. They go to Hong Kong and I'm not sure if the is the first or the second.

Back
Top Bottom