NPCs & Enemies Anime Reference NPC Names!

Like the idea?

• Yeah, I guess.

• Naw, absolutely horrible!

• I don't care...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

four plus four

The Destroyer
Title says it all.

So I had an idea for a suggestion to this wonderful game called "Terraria"! I'm not sure if any of you have played it, it is rather known as a "2D Minecraft", so maybe you haven't played it because of that. But it is nothing like a 2D Minecraft!
And what does that text say about this suggestion?
Nothing. Nothing at all. Onwards to actual suggestion.

So you know those NPC's in this game? Y'know, like the "only useful in modded", the Guide, or the "sells the piggy bank and safe", the Merchant? All expecting you to create houses for so many of them, when only a couple are useful? (Goblin, reforging/combining, Nurse, healing, Mechanic, engineering, not much else)
Well, they're still gonna be mostly useless, just with a couple of anime references in they're names! Far as I remember, there are multiple references in NPC's names to movies, games, and that sort, but not many named after anime. So I had an idea of a couple.
So here are my ideas, and other people can post their own in the comments if they want.

Pirate - This was where I originally had the idea, since I'm watching One Piece. Which really tells you all you need to know towards the names.
Gold Roger/Roger/Gol D. Roger
Luffy(Maybe)
Whitebeard
Teach
Gold Roger, name of the King of Pirates, just had to be the first thing I thought of. Luffy does not make much sense, overall as a name. Whitebeard, though, could work. One of the names for the pirate is Black Beard, when his beard is clearly red, so perhaps white as well? And Teach based off of Marshall Teach, or Blackbeard in the series.

Merchant - I had like, one idea, super simple.
Lawrence/Kraft/Kraft Lawrence
A simple idea based off of Spice and Wolfs main character, Kraft Lawrence, Spice and Wolf being an anime about merchants, and Lawrence being a merchant. Simple. This might work better for the Travelling Merchant, though.

Cyborg - Straight forward once more, just a single idea.
Franky/Cutty Flam
Another One Piece, this time a cyborg from the show, of course it makes sense for my idea to include him!

I am sure there are many more names I can dive into, but ehh, who cares? Other people can have ideas if they want, and I might include it into this post if I think it good! Unless they don't want me to, or something, who knows.

Do I expect this idea to be in the game? No, not particularly. Do I want more anime references in the game? Yes. Games, movies, probably books are referenced in NPC's name, so why not anime? Those things I just mentioned are also in what they say, but I'm not smart enough to think of many phrases for that sort of thing.

So, that's the end of my idea. So, uhh, g'bye.

Games, movies, probably books are referenced in NPC's name, so why not anime?
I totally read this in the voice of that girl who tells you off for using an adblocker on crunchyroll

Some of these are definitely either too obvious or obscure, but some of them are potentially usable:

Teach, definitely. The real Blackbeard was named Edward Teach.
Roger, yes. I'm surprised this wasn't already one of the Pirate's possible names.

(Sadly neither of those is really a One Piece reference)

The thing is that One Piece characters tend to have really wacky-:red: names so we're on thin ice here.

If we see an anime reference in an NPC's name, it's probably going to be a Mechanic named Winry.

The thing is that One Piece characters tend to have really wacky-:red: names so we're on thin ice here.
And they themselves are references to real pirates or other historical/fictional figures.... which also applies to other anime.

When the name isn't weird, it's probably a reference to something else, which would make referring to them as a double reference to the original reference.

I totally read this in the voice of that girl who tells you off for using an adblocker on crunchyroll

Some of these are definitely either too obvious or obscure, but some of them are potentially usable:

Teach, definitely. The real Blackbeard was named Edward Teach.
Roger, yes. I'm surprised this wasn't already one of the Pirate's possible names.

(Sadly neither of those is really a One Piece reference)

If we see an anime reference in an NPC's name, it's probably going to be a Mechanic named Winry.
Yeah, most of the names aren't "necessarily" easy to spot as references, like Lawrence, or as you mentioned, Roger and Teach. And if they were added as names for the NPC's, they wouldn't necessarily be references.

I forgot about Winry, and I was trying to think of new names for the Mechanic...

Idea. Okabe (Steins;Gate) for the Goblin Tinkerer
Clara for the Dryad (Claymore)
and Sho (Guyver) for the Guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom