Game Mechanics Ankh sheild ingredients bestowing some mercy upon us

The ankh sheild ingredients are absolutely miserable to obtain. How about crafting them? They could still be obtained as normal.
10 jungle spores
5 beeswax
3 Amber
Made at an anvil
10 glass
5 vertebrae/rotten chunks
5 souls of night
Made at a hardmode anvil
5 silk
5 souls of light
Made at a hardmode anvil
That's all so far, but I intend to come back for the others.

Last edited:
Personally, the only thing I have trouble obtaining is in the Nazar. And perhaps to a lesser extent, the Armour Polish. The other items are dropped by reasonably common enemies. Making the components easier to obtain is something I'd agree with, but I'm not sure if crafting them from common ingredients is the way to go.

The ankh sheild ingredients are absolutely miserable to obtain. How about crafting them? They could still be obtained as normal.
10 jungle spores
5 beeswax
3 Amber
Made at an anvil
10 glass
5 vertebrae/rotten chunks
5 souls of night
Made at a hardmode anvil
5 silk
5 souls of light
Made at a hardmode anvil
That's all so far, but I intend to come back for the others.
Bezoars could use some Lesser Healing potions since they heal you from poison (Yes, I know they provide full immunity)

Vitamins also could use some Mushrooms as well

And lastly, Blindfolds could use some Souls of Sight/Fright since:
1) It blocks Blindness (Hence giving you sight)
2) Being blindfolded induces fear in some people (Hence giving you fright)

Ever read Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince?
Yeah, HP is great but sadly Dumbledore died :dryadcry:

The only one of the Ankh Shield components that I consider a problem is the Blindfold, and that's because it only has one enemy that drops them in a Crimson world, which may not spawn at all depending on where the Crimson is generated - no surface desert, no Dark Mummies. It's not a problem in Corruption worlds, and wouldn't be an issue in Crimson ones either if a more generic enemy like the Herpling dropped them.

Everything else is fine as it is. The Bezoar especially can be found pre-hardmode, and I usually get one during my first jungle trawl. The Ankh Shield is very powerful and I'm completely fine with it being a difficult journey to piece together.

The only one of the Ankh Shield components that I consider a problem is the Blindfold, and that's because it only has one enemy that drops them in a Crimson world, which may not spawn at all depending on where the Crimson is generated - no surface desert, no Dark Mummies. It's not a problem in Corruption worlds, and wouldn't be an issue in Crimson ones either if a more generic enemy like the Herpling dropped them.

Everything else is fine as it is. The Bezoar especially can be found pre-hardmode, and I usually get one during my first jungle trawl. The Ankh Shield is very powerful and I'm completely fine with it being a difficult journey to piece together.
I feel like that's a rare case, maybe if you play expert mode it would make since.

The herpling thing is for a different suggestion, bit I would support that one.

im still getting the nazar, it needs to be crafted with 3 of every soul, and i propose a "new" drop. It should be dropped by planterra and the item would be called Soul of Blight. Amount dropped would be same as Ocram Soul of Blight drop.

Back
Top Bottom