Weapons & Equip Another use for gems (rings)

Do you eant these rings to be added?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No, (if you say no ask me why)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
Hello, I am here for a new suggestion that adds a new use for gems (sorry if its suggested earlier)

empty ring:
1 defence, but it can be used on gem rings
Crafted from 2 gold/platinum bars at anvil

Amethyst Ring:
1 defence
Increased mage damage by 5%
20+ mana
Crafted from 1 empty ring and an amethyst

Sapphire Ring:
Increases summon damage by 5%
Increased minion capacity by 1
Crafted from 1 ring and a sapphire

Topaz Ring:
1 defence
Increased speed by 10%
Crafted from 1 topaz and an empty ring

Emerald Ring:
1 defence
5 % increased ranged damage and 10% reduced ammo consumption
Crafted from an empty ring and an emerald

Ruby Ring:
Increased melee damage by 5%
1 defence
Crafted from an empty ring and a ruby

Diamond Ring (now considered a literal accessory and no longer sold by the travelling merchant):
1 defence, reduced taken damage by 5% and 5% increased all class damage
Crafted from 1 diamond and 1 empty ring

Amber Ring:
1 defence
Increased throwing damage by 5%, reduced throwing consumption by 5%, and increased velocity by 5%
Crafted from an empty ring and 1 amber

pre release: added
1.0.1: deleted the burning melee weapons and javelins from ruby ring, 5% reduced stats in all rings (except for topaz), and introduced 20 mana for amethyst and increased velocity and reduced consumption for the emerald and amber rings, and fixed a typo and added minion capacity into the sapphire ring

Last edited:
This feels realy op, -10% damage taken +10% damage given is arguably more powerful than any emblem and is found on as early as pre-demonite/crimtane, but I think 5% damage buffs, no on fire debuff from the ruby, and that would make sense. Not sure what to do with the diamond though.

Last edited:
This feels realy op, -10% damage taken +10% damage given is arguably more powerful than any emblem and is found on as early as pre-demonite/crimtane, but I think 5% damage buffs, no on fire debuff from the ruby, and that would make sense. Not sure what to do with the diamond though.
I think, most of the rings are just class damage increasing (the Emblems are literally op)

I do agree with @xylophone on this, but I'm not against the idea of them. I think that the diamond ring is really op, but the normal ring is completely useless, as you could easily just craft rings from gold/platinum and their respective gem instead of going through a small other process.

However, I do like the idea of the emerald ring and the sapphire ring, they just seem especially helpful when there are little other accessorys that early in the game.

The only thing is, as much as these could work, I just don't see the Devs ever implementing them, unfortunately.

1/2 support for this suggestion

Hello, I am here for a new suggestion that adds a new use for gems (sorry if its suggested earlier)

empty ring:
1 defence, but it can be used on gem rings
Crafted from 2 gold/platinum bars at anvil

Amethyst Ring:
1 defence
Increased mage damage by 5%
20+ mana
Crafted from 1 empty ring and an amethyst

Sapphire Ring:
Increases summon damage by 5%
Increased minion capacity by 1
Crafted from 1 ring and a sapphire

Topaz Ring:
1 defence
Increased speed by 10%
Crafted from 1 topaz and an empty ring

Emerald Ring:
1 defence
5 % increased ranged damage and 10% reduced ammo consumption
Crafted from an empty ring and an emerald

Ruby Ring:
Increased melee damage by 5%
1 defence
Crafted from an empty ring and a ruby

Diamond Ring (now considered a literal accessory and no longer sold by the travelling merchant):
1 defence, reduced taken damage by 5% and 5% increased all class damage
Crafted from 1 diamond and 1 empty ring

Amber Ring:
1 defence
Increased throwing damage by 5%, reduced throwing consumption by 5%, and increased velocity by 5%
Crafted from an empty ring and 1 amber

pre release: added
1.0.1: deleted the burning melee weapons and javelins from ruby ring, 5% reduced stats in all rings (except for topaz), and introduced 20 mana for amethyst and increased velocity and reduced consumption for the emerald and amber rings, and fixed a typo and added minion capacity into the sapphire ring
Always had spare gems and decided to make it into walls for decoration. I like the alt use for gems though! However, Suggestion Time is calling:
-Sapphire ring, too op. 1 extra minion isn’t pretty op as there is no prehardmode accessory that can increase minion capacity (I think?), as only armor can.
-There should be two Diamond Rings, as removing one just because it has the same name is, idk. Why not make the new one you created, “The Diamond Ring” and the vanity one, “Diamond Ring”.
-Emerald Ring with 10% of no ammo consumption is pretty huge. Make it 3 or 5 at most.
-Ruby Ring needs melee swing speed, I mean that isn’t melee too

Back
Top Bottom