[Anouncement] The Weekly Spriting Challenge will be back this Sunday!

Looking forward to participate?

• Yes!

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Not really. But good luck to everyone who will!

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

It's a me!

Pixel Pirate
64x WSC Logo.png
Greetings Terrarians!
I'm glad to announce the return of the Weekly Spriting Challenge! After the great success this contest had on Terraria Online, we feel like this is a must here too.
We're changing a bit the rules to make them even more clear. @Zoomo (the great spriter) and I are currently taking care of the challenge.
Here are the rules, so if you have questions about them, please use this thread.
  1. No premade sprites.
  2. Only enter with your own art (This means no recolors!).
  3. Unless stated otherwise, only one sprite per person.
  4. Adhere to the challenge theme.
  5. Entries will be accepted until 8 pm UTC, and a new challenge, along with the voting poll, will be around 1 hour later.
  6. Changing your entry is allowed, but the new sprite will be included only if you update the original post. For example, make a new post and edit the old one with the new sprite (This is for our convenience). If you do not update your post, the entry displayed there will be used.
  7. Be considerate - Only transparent .PNG or GIFs. Poor quality .JPG and images that are grossly oversized will not be accepted (use 2x2 pixel images as the entry, or it won't be accepted).
There will be 2 threads (they will be posted Sunday), one for entries, and entries only, and the other will be used for entry discussion, suggested and other things related to the challenge.

Regarding voting: we'll have a poll with the name of every entry, that will change every week. If there are more than 20 entries, we'll be using KwikSurveys.

If you want the contact us, please send your PMs to @Weekly Spriting Challenge for clarity's sake.

Now that everything is settled, I'd like to thank @Loki for his help. Without him, we would be struggling a bit!

Last edited:
We can't wait to start it up again, we have lots of ideas for new themes and will be bringing back some popular ones so that new people can participate and old participants can make even greater entries, so it is sure to be fun!

Going to be very interesting, might have to participate myself if I hone my spriting skills.

I'm not a part of this anymore, but that logo needs updating.

Make the first challenge a logo challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom