tModLoader Antiaris

Do you like our project in it's current state?

• Yes

Votes: 490 91.9%
  • No (Please, make sure to tell us why don't you like it)

Votes: 43 8.1%

• Total voters
Hey there! Excited about the next big update, I just finished up until WoF! I've enjoyed the mod up until this point, but have a few observations/constructive criticisms.

- The music for the Antlion Queen fight seemed VERY loud compared to the rest of the game, I could barely hear the sound effects of everything else. The music is great, but seemed very loud compared to normal game music and sounds.
- The boars spawn in really weird places. They just seem really out of place when they are spawning at the bottom of the ocean.
- I like to try to stick to only using tools (Pickaxes, Axes, etc) for the content mod I'm running, and the Emerald Gel quest never became available. I finally just settled getting a Reaver Shark. Unless you get a little lucky with the RNG, all of the Emerald Gel sets will be obsolete by the time you get them (Unless I was just very unlucky). I knew I would have to go with vanilla tools sooner or later, I just wanted to progress through the Antiaris tools, first.
- I felt that the enemy that drops the Rune material (Can't recall the name of it at the moment) was more of an annoyance, than a challenge. Unless you are lucky enough to encounter one with lots of open space, if you don't have a weapon that can pass through blocks, you'll need to teleport out. My opinion (please take it as such) is that either less projectiles, or projectiles that expire more quickly would allow a player to try to move to a place where they can actually fight it, and not just have to teleport away. Not really to make it easier, but to make it so it won't break the flow of a playthrough by having to recall away as often.

- The music for the Antlion Queen fight seemed VERY loud compared to the rest of the game, I could barely hear the sound effects of everything else. The music is great, but seemed very loud compared to normal game music and sounds.
- The boars spawn in really weird places. They just seem really out of place when they are spawning at the bottom of the ocean.
Agreed with these two especially. I suggested boars only spawn in the snow biome (and/or maybe the jungle), so they aren't over-saturated all over the surface, and found in places like the bottom of the ocean.

We will lower their spawnrate :)
Also, in next version Boars deal no damage when a player tries to passes through them during daytime.
These should make for great improvements. :)

It's good that the boars will stay docile during the day, does that mean summons won't aggro on them? I was going summoner most of my run, and I never really noticed them being docile. I'm sure they were, right up until my summons hit them. If they are getting targeted by minions during the day, could they be set like Martian Probes are until provoked?

Hey there! Excited about the next big update, I just finished up until WoF! I've enjoyed the mod up until this point, but have a few observations/constructive criticisms.

- I like to try to stick to only using tools (Pickaxes, Axes, etc) for the content mod I'm running, and the Emerald Gel quest never became available. I finally just settled getting a Reaver Shark. Unless you get a little lucky with the RNG, all of the Emerald Gel sets will be obsolete by the time you get them (Unless I was just very unlucky). I knew I would have to go with vanilla tools sooner or later, I just wanted to progress through the Antiaris tools, first.
- I felt that the enemy that drops the Rune material (Can't recall the name of it at the moment) was more of an annoyance, than a challenge. Unless you are lucky enough to encounter one with lots of open space, if you don't have a weapon that can pass through blocks, you'll need to teleport out. My opinion (please take it as such) is that either less projectiles, or projectiles that expire more quickly would allow a player to try to move to a place where they can actually fight it, and not just have to teleport away. Not really to make it easier, but to make it so it won't break the flow of a playthrough by having to recall away as often.

Having reached the same point in the game, I agree with most of this except that I didn't notice the music in the Antlion Queen fight. I'll listen for it next time.

The boar should be limited to spawning in a specific biome.

The Rune Guardian is definitely is in my opinion the most noticeable issue. It feels really cheap and not fun to fight. Not only does it usually spawn in a place where it will hide in the walls, it also shoots homing projectiles. I eventually got the cosmic rayer but early game, it feels like a fun limiter that comes in and tells you "it's time to stop caving now". To me, an enemy that can pass through walls AND also shoot projectiles through walls is not a good mix. That's why the wall passing enemies in Terraria all charge the player and the mages/imps that shoot through walls can't pass through them. Perhaps it needs to at least attempt to approach the player from time to time.

Last edited:
That's why the wall passing enemies in Terraria all charge the player and the mages/imps that shoot through walls can't pass through them. Perhaps it needs to at least attempt to approach the player from time to time.

Really good idea there, it's how I figured out the Nebula Floaters in Vanilla. They charge and will collide with the player if they don't have clear line of sight

• I'll check this, thanks for reporting!
  • For next version they'll only spawn in Forest :)
  • The Emerald Gel quest is "Kill 25 Slimes". Are you sure you haven't got it? If so, we'll make it appear more often.
  • The Rune Elemental is nerfed for next version.

As for the Framework 4.6 solution, I still don't believe it works if you're using Terraria Overhaul while generating a world with Antiaris. I've tried making a number of worlds now in various ways, and while I have MS Framework 4.6 installed, the guide's house consistently only appears while I don't generate worlds with Terraria Overhaul. Without it, the house appears fine.

Although like it's been mentioned before, all other structures and NPCs (including the pirate) from Antiaris still appear to get built perfectly fine with Terraria Overhaul in my experience -- all except for the guide's house for some reason. There is a definite conflict between these two mods, although it seems pretty minor.

Zadum i just want to let you know that this mod is amazing. It has unique features and the sprites are amazing but i just have one question. What are you thinking of adding to hardmode in the next update?

-New sprites?
-Another boss?
-New Ore?
-New Town NPC?

or are you just adding a few weps? idc what you add as long as it's still keeps this amazing mod amazing. :D
[doublepost=1515501937,1515501864][/doublepost]Also, i saw the ink monster mask, and the miner mask, and i was like "ayyyyyyy they put in a reference"

Zadum i just want to let you know that this mod is amazing. It has unique features and the sprites are amazing but i just have one question. What are you thinking of adding to hardmode in the next update?

-New sprites?
-Another boss?
-New Ore?
-New Town NPC?

or are you just adding a few weps? idc what you add as long as it's still keeps this amazing mod amazing. :D
Can't tell much about our plans on the hardmode but I can say that there will be new boss ;)

By the way, I think the next update (That will come soon) will not be the one we wanted to put a lot of hardmode content into but more like Bugfixes & Changes that a lot of people were asking about.
But it will also have a bit of content in it.

Hiya, created an account just to talk about the mod. Love it but i've come across something I thought i'd bring up.

It might just be RNG on my part, but i've noticed that a considerable number of the quests from the adventurer involve the ocean specifically. There don't seem to be many biome specific quests but for me about 1/3 of the quests i've had so far have involved the ocean, which seems really impractical considering how early most people will unlock the adventurer and travel time on medium/large maps early on.

Obviously mid-late game it's no real issue but it's a little infuriating, if it isn't just RNG then I'd argue that it should be changed for the sake of spicing it up and for convenience of course.

Hiya, created an account just to talk about the mod. Love it but i've come across something I thought i'd bring up.

It might just be RNG on my part, but i've noticed that a considerable number of the quests from the adventurer involve the ocean specifically. There don't seem to be many biome specific quests but for me about 1/3 of the quests i've had so far have involved the ocean, which seems really impractical considering how early most people will unlock the adventurer and travel time on medium/large maps early on.

Obviously mid-late game it's no real issue but it's a little infuriating, if it isn't just RNG then I'd argue that it should be changed for the sake of spicing it up and for convenience of course.
I'll change the chances of getting different quests, the ocean quests probably have higher value of getting them.

I'll change the chances of getting different quests, the ocean quests probably have higher value of getting them.

Alrighty, thanks.

Oh, also just noticed someone talking about the rune guardian and that was something I forgot to bring up. The fact that it has so little HP but always wants to position itself above the player makes it less of a challenge and more of an annoyance.

Almost every mob that acts like the guardian in some way has a fatal flaw that you can use, wraiths move through walls but are melee, a lot of the casters with block piercing projectiles stay still, that sort of thing.

Last edited:
Alrighty, thanks.

Oh, also just noticed someone talking about the rune guardian and that was something I forgot to bring up. The fact that it has so little HP but always wants to position itself above the player makes it less of a challenge and more of an annoyance.

Almost every mob that acts like the guardian in some way has a fatal flaw that you can use, wraiths move through walls but are melee, a lot of the casters with block piercing projectiles stay still, that sort of thing.
Rune Elemental is nerfed for next version :)

Какие-нибудь моды ещё используются?
Да, довольно много но море изменяют у меня только Enigma и Thorium(Они создали под пляжем свои биомы и возможно это причина)
Также у меня не используется листик рулон, и записка гида.

Да, довольно много но море изменяют у меня только Enigma и Thorium(Они создали под пляжем свои биомы и возможно это причина)
Возможно как раз из-за Ториума, хотя мы пытались поправить это.

Back
Top Bottom