tModLoader Antiaris

Do you like our project in it's current state?

• Yes

Votes: 490 91.9%
  • No (Please, make sure to tell us why don't you like it)

Votes: 43 8.1%

• Total voters
Yeah, I've already noticed Pirate is a bit broken when it comes to different worlds, however, I've fixed it for the next update, so you'll be able to finish his quests in other worlds :)

I have actually noticed that, while farming this for a couple hours last night, doing the world hop thing would start doing some things...
1: it would just randomly crash to desktop with no crash report
2: when going back to home world, it would occasionally bring up a crash report without closing the game (I sadly did not screen shot or save the crash report)
3: obviously the pirate being bugged out lol.

Hell, one of the new worlds that I started up didn't even have a Guide or Guide's House spawn in when I started it up. Unsure what was up with that, but regardless... Otherwise I would have to close the game down entirely then start a new world when I bring it back up to avoid that Pirate bug. A bit tedious, sure, but it worked.
Lookin forward to some new patches that fix some things :D
Hopefully it won't require a new world again...

Hey, I have an idea of stuff to add:

So, I see you’ve added Snickerbobble’s Hidden Hearts, but what if you added his Confection, Depths, Gulley and AntithesisEK’s Sensation Biomes?

When I have this mod enabled with other mods I don't get some starting items from other mods when I create a new character. Mods that are having the problems are the Thorium mod and the Split mod.

What items are you supposed to start with with those mods?
This is a genuine question, I only just started modding Terraria recently.
Hey, I have an idea of stuff to add:

So, I see you’ve added Snickerbobble’s Hidden Hearts, but what if you added his Confection, Depths, Gulley and AntithesisEK’s Sensation Biomes?

I am curious what I might have missed out on before I also add in Calamity.

What items are you supposed to start with with those mods?
This is a genuine question, I only just started modding Terraria recently.

I am curious what I might have missed out on before I also add in Calamity.

I am meant to start with the items family heirloom and soul link from Thorium mod and purple box from Split mod

When I have this mod enabled with other mods I don't get some starting items from other mods when I create a new character. Mods that are having the problems are the Thorium mod and the Split mod.
Sorry for the late reply!
The next update has starting items fixed :)

I'm recently starting back up into Terraria and was going to use this mod, but kept getting insanely frustrated by the Robber mob. He just appears shoots and kills me very quickly. Even on the way back to pick up my drops, he tends to spawn and kill me. He's too powerful for a fresh character just wandering the world. If he were locked behind the Eye of Cthulu then it wouldn't be as bad because you probably won't be one shot by him at that point. Is there anyway you can address this issue? I'm gonna have to disable the mod until then.

Edit: Or perhaps change them so they have like a melee weapon before the EoC and they get their gun after or something. Just some sort of balance change.

Last edited:
Hello consider "nerfing" the Antlion Queen Claw with an anti abuse, because i just saw some of my player simply build a room up their head to get infinite regen to cheese boss.

Hello consider "nerfing" the Antlion Queen Claw with an anti abuse, because i just saw some of my player simply build a room up their head to get infinite regen to cheese boss.
Can confirm. Before my buddy and I stopped using this mod, we used this strategy to trivialize a number of difficult challenges.

EDIT:
As an aside, one of the things that originally led to me dropping this mod, aside from the unfinished state, was disappointment about how the blunderbuss weapons stacked up to other guns.

To be fair, I decided to go back and compare them to bows, which fill a closer progression role in the early game. Detailed analysis follows.

Blunderbuss and Buckshot vs. Wooden Bow and Arrows
These are probably the closest tiers. Both require similarly trivial resources to craft, and are pretty much available from the start. The Blunderbuss has a bit more damage than the Wooden Bow, and just barely faster use time. It also has 2 more knockback, but the Arrows have 3 knockback to Buckshot's 1.4, meaning that in the end the Blunderbuss only wins knockback by 0.4 points. Buckshot deals 4 damage, while Arrows deal 5, which negates the one point advantage the weapon itself had. So, in the end, the only advantage to the Blunderbuss ends up being that it's just barely better at pushing enemies back. You would still get overrun by normal zombies. (If we compare "exotic" woods, the bow wins hands down, with the Ebon/Shadewood Bow having 8 damage, and Mahogany/Boreal having 6, while the Blunderbuss has no exotic variants and is stuck at 5.)

However, what really cinches it is this; The next tier of Buckshots takes gold or platinum, adding 2 points of damage and 1.6 points of knockback. Arrows can be upgraded with just torches, for 2 more damage, no knockback increase, but the "On Fire" debuff. Or with ice torches for 4 more damage, 0.2 more knockback, and "Frostburn". OR they can be upgraded with fallen stars to Jester's Arrows for +5 damage, which reduces knockback by 1.5, but also gives them unlimited piercing. (It's also of note that upgraded arrows fly faster, but I didn't compare this category, because the Antiaris wiki doesn't list projectile velocity.)

Silver/Tungsten Tiers
To save time and get a good sampling, I'm skipping the Iron/Lead tier. Arrow and shot values won't really change in this range. When we look at the Silver and Tungsten Blunderbusses, however, we see 14 and 15 damage respectively. Both share a 4% crit, knockback of 2, and 28 use time. On the bows, we have damage of 9 and 10, so we can see that the Blunderbuss is starting to outpace them there. However, while they have no knockback and the same crit chance, the bows have a 26 and 25 use time, respectively. With the access to better ammo, this faster use time may be just enough to edge the Blunderbuss out...but it's close.

"Evil" Tier
Okay, so the Devil Dragon and Crimson Drake are new since I last played. That makes them a good point to examine. Both have the same stats, with 16 damage, 2 knockback, 4% crit, and 26 use time. That's a little odd, since in the Vanilla bows, the Tendon Bow is actually slightly more powerful than the Demon Bow (19 damage compared to 14), with the Demon Bow being faster firing (24 use time compared to 29). Despite this, the blunderbusses seem to fall in the middle in damage, firing a bit slower. However, the blunderbusses also fire two shots at once, so as long as both hit, they should come out stronger. The bows also have only half as much knockback.

At this point, we have to talk about ammo again, though. For buckshot, you've got the Meteorite Buckshot, with 8 damage, 2 knockback, and the ability to bounce off walls. On the bow side, we get access to Unholy Arrows (we have technically had access to these for a while, but at this point they should be relatively easy to farm). Unholy arrows have 12 damage, 3 knockback, and pierce up to 5 enemies. This is also a good time to mention the recoverability of arrows. Most arrows have a chance to be recovered, but with Flaming and Frostburn arrows, there was a chance of turning back into wooden arrows. Unholy arrows are the first arrow that can't downgrade (Jester arrows aren't recoverable). The higher damage, knockback, efficiency, and recoverability of Unholy Arrows means that blunderbusses start falling behind again, at least in terms of ammunition potency.

An evil blunderbuss with Meteorite Buckshot can do a maximum of 48 damage to one target. In comparison, a Tendon Bow with Unholy arrows can do a maximum of 31 damage, but deal it to up to 5 targets (capping at 155 total damage dealt). Or, they can use a Jester Arrow for two less base damage, but dealt to as many targets in a line as are in range. Overall, at this tier the bows are better for groups and segmented enemies, but the blunderbusses hold up relatively well as the superior choice for single targets...though the firing speed of the Demon Bow may give better all-around DPS in some situations.

Molten Fury & Hellfire Arrows vs. Boiling Point & Hellstone Buckshot

To keep things simple, I'm only looking at prehard weapons, which makes this the final round. On the bow side, we have the Molten Fury with a whopping 31 damage, and a use time of 21, for the best DPS a bow has seen yet. Crit chance is the same as ever, and knockback is an unimpressive 2, which blunderbusses have been beating since the beginning. It also has the power to automatically convert Wooden Arrows to Flaming Arrows, but that's more of an incidental effect at this point. The Boiling Point matches it in knockback and crit, but falls pathetically short in the damage department with only 23 damage, and also has a slightly lower fire rate at 26. Like the Molten Fury, it can convert basic ammo into flaming ammo, which is actually just slightly more impressive, since blunderbusses haven't had a cheap and easy way to get this effect the whole time (I am reading off the wiki, so if this actually works for all ammo, it's actually significantly better than I'm giving it credit).

Like the Boiling Point, the ammo that goes with it is unimpressive. Hellstone Buckshot deals 9 damage at a time when Hellfire Arrows are doing 13...which is only one more point of damage than Unholy Arrows, and even those do more than the best prehard buckshot. Hellfire Arrows also have 8 knockback to the buckshot's 2, and while the buckshot doesn't do anything special, the arrows explode and do damage in an AoE, with no risk of self-damage. Bows win hands-down here.

Final Thoughts
As I said, I won't compare hardmode. The progression gets too different at that point. however, I hope comparing prehard progressions has been enlightening. I previously compared the blunderbusses up to Gold/Plat to existing guns, and made the point that they didn't scale well there. Comparing them to bows, which have a more comparable scaling, they actually stack up much better as an alternative weapon. However, I hope you can see where I'm coming in saying that they're still going to generally come off looking worse.

There are some things that could be done to help with this. Giving the ammo higher damage and/or knockback, for instance - and/or adding more special properties, either onto existing ammo (especially Hellstone) or to new sidegrade types. The guns themselves could still be a little better, again, particularly when it comes to the hellstone tier. Adding in exotic blunderbusses for the special wood types (or alternatively a Granite and Marble blunderbuss to play off of the main component of the base tier being stone) could also help round out the progression some, and keep a short day trip from (pardon the pun) blowing the Blunderbuss away.

Overall, I really like what Antiaris adds. It's just that sometimes the balance leaves something to be desired.

Last edited:
Why would the devs have a patch for an issue only you have? The issue is most likely a combination of incompatible mods, which are pretty difficult to track.

Would you consider adding a config that disables the enchanted shard ore? you get enough of the stuff from a single enchanted sword (which you usually have multiple of) or maybe add a recipe to craft the sword for selling?

Been trying this again with other mods. I'm curious, though. Are the changes to the health system compatible with other mods that add additional ways to increase max health, such as GRealm, Calamity, Etc...?

This mod is great, very fun to play with. I like the quest aspect, it is better than the angler. :) Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Great mod, though is this meant to happen?
TERRARIA.png

Well my luck ran out, can't even beat the Tower Keeper, it does 150+ damage to me with an attack I can't see...even when not near it I just sort of die.

*EDIT*

Used a katana called Kismet from another mod and practically one shot him accidently...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom