tModLoader Antiaris

Do you like our project in it's current state?

• Yes

Votes: 490 91.9%
  • No (Please, make sure to tell us why don't you like it)

Votes: 43 8.1%

• Total voters
Silly question on my part, please. There's something I don't truly understand about some parts of the mod.

For one, is it possible to "rebuild" the Guide's house to the point where rebuilding it in a satisfying way would make the Guide say something different?

Then, what are all of those notes for? Like the one in the Guide's house. Is there some set-piece quest involving the bandit tower that interacts with the contents of that note or something?

Or is all of that just flavor text and I can completely demolish the Guide's house because it doesn't do anything at all other than look (sort of) pretty?

Do Tremor and Antiaris work together, or are they better played separately?
They do, but I'd suggest you playing Antiaris only.

Silly question on my part, please. There's something I don't truly understand about some parts of the mod.

For one, is it possible to "rebuild" the Guide's house to the point where rebuilding it in a satisfying way would make the Guide say something different?

Then, what are all of those notes for? Like the one in the Guide's house. Is there some set-piece quest involving the bandit tower that interacts with the contents of that note or something?

Or is all of that just flavor text and I can completely demolish the Guide's house because it doesn't do anything at all other than look (sort of) pretty?
  • No, fixing the house doesn't do anything else right now.
  • The Note in the house is a nod to future updates.
  • Yes, you can destroy the House & build a new one, there's no difference at all.

Caused a crash last night while playing this on multiplayer; it looked like some resource was missing or something. I brought up the full screen map with M and then tried to hover over the
submerged chest in the ocean
and it crashed.

Caused a crash last night while playing this on multiplayer; it looked like some resource was missing or something. I brought up the full screen map with M and then tried to hover over the
submerged chest in the ocean
and it crashed.
Can you provide a crash log?

Can you provide a crash log?
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Antiaris.Tiles.Miscellaneous.SunkenChest.MapChestName(String name, Int32 i, Int32 j) in c:\Users\zadum4ivii\Documents\my games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\Antiaris\Tiles\MusicBoxes\TowerKeeperMusicBox1.cs:line 32
at Terraria.ModLoader.MapLegend.FromTile(MapTile mapTile, Int32 x, Int32 y)
at Terraria.Main.DrawMap()
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Antiaris.Tiles.Miscellaneous.SunkenChest.MapChestName(String name, Int32 i, Int32 j) in c:\Users\zadum4ivii\Documents\my games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\Antiaris\Tiles\MusicBoxes\TowerKeeperMusicBox1.cs:line 32
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
I'll look into this, thanks.

Some more weird behavior in multiplayer, the Brain of Cthulhu only dropped one amulet piece (would work a lot better if it was in the treasure bag so it would be instanced), then we killed another Brain and a second piece didn't drop. My friend turned in the quest, I made sure I had it after he did so, and we killed a third brain but the piece still didn't drop for me. We're going to try again on Saturday once the game's been restarted.

Also, are the fragments supposed to drop from your inventory on death on softcore characters? We couldn't figure out if that was intentional or not, so we just threw them all in chests.

Last edited:
After playing this mod for a bit, I have some critique - particularly for some of the things I encountered very early on.

The grammar is atrocious.
Item tooltips, NPC dialogue, and everything else related to the mod are all very messy. For example, is it 'Ligneous Bow' or 'Lingeous Bow'? I'm not sure, since the tooltip can't make up its mind! It's extremely jarring when talking to The Adventurer, who seems to speak as if he isn't even human. One of the worst instances of grammar I've seen is during the 'Emerald Slime' quest completion dialogue. I had to do a triple take to make sure I wasn't going crazy as I read through it.
In addition, it seems some text triggers aren't being activated. When The Adventurer mentions the Angler, his name doesn't show up, appearing only as two commas and a space. While I'm at it, I suppose I should mention 'pretty better rewards' doesn't exactly sound... correct.

There are too many of some materials.
So far, the worst examples of this are Enchanted Shards and Blood Droplets. One of them can be found in highly-visible veins of ore underground, and as such are relatively common due to their accessibility. They're used to craft a special armor set... cool, how many do you need total for the set? What?! Only 10! There have been veins of this stuff with way more than 10, sometimes even 20. Considering they have no other use than to give off a rainbow-colored glow, it makes me wonder why they're so... abundant.
Secondly, Blood Droplets - they're used for a little more, which is good... But they drop far too often. I haven't defeated a single boss yet and I've already reached about 1,200 of the stuff. It doesn't have any value, which makes me feel like I already have enough to last the entire rest of the game.

Some balancing issues.
I'll be a little softer on this one, since balancing tends to be centered mainly around the mod itself, not other mods. Still, though... Robbers have been a thorn in my side. In Expert mode, their bullets have done upwards of 100 damage, which is enough to instantly kill a starting player, especially after already fighting things at night. I'm not sure of the exact nature of their spawning algorithms, but I do know they only show up at night - perhaps make them only spawn on the outer thirds of the map, and only near the center during blood moons?
The 'Support Stave' seems to have a very powerful effect for how early it's obtained, and it kind of interferes with the downsides given by the Thorium mod.
I'm not sure how to feel about the Enchanted Armor set. Compared to the Jungle armor, it has its ups and downs. Maybe it's balanced?

Overall, the mod has a beautiful art style (Well, for most things anyway) and I don't think it's a bad one. It could just use a bit of... polish, especially with the writing. Get a proofreader, maybe?
I might have more critique later on, but rest assured, I'll be playing this mod through to the end.

After playing this mod for a bit, I have some critique - particularly for some of the things I encountered very early on.

The grammar is atrocious.
Item tooltips, NPC dialogue, and everything else related to the mod are all very messy. For example, is it 'Ligneous Bow' or 'Lingeous Bow'? I'm not sure, since the tooltip can't make up its mind! It's extremely jarring when talking to The Adventurer, who seems to speak as if he isn't even human. One of the worst instances of grammar I've seen is during the 'Emerald Slime' quest completion dialogue. I had to do a triple take to make sure I wasn't going crazy as I read through it.
In addition, it seems some text triggers aren't being activated. When The Adventurer mentions the Angler, his name doesn't show up, appearing only as two commas and a space. While I'm at it, I suppose I should mention 'pretty better rewards' doesn't exactly sound... correct.

There are too many of some materials.
So far, the worst examples of this are Enchanted Shards and Blood Droplets. One of them can be found in highly-visible veins of ore underground, and as such are relatively common due to their accessibility. They're used to craft a special armor set... cool, how many do you need total for the set? What?! Only 10! There have been veins of this stuff with way more than 10, sometimes even 20. Considering they have no other use than to give off a rainbow-colored glow, it makes me wonder why they're so... abundant.
Secondly, Blood Droplets - they're used for a little more, which is good... But they drop far too often. I haven't defeated a single boss yet and I've already reached about 1,200 of the stuff. It doesn't have any value, which makes me feel like I already have enough to last the entire rest of the game.

Some balancing issues.
I'll be a little softer on this one, since balancing tends to be centered mainly around the mod itself, not other mods. Still, though... Robbers have been a thorn in my side. In Expert mode, their bullets have done upwards of 100 damage, which is enough to instantly kill a starting player, especially after already fighting things at night. I'm not sure of the exact nature of their spawning algorithms, but I do know they only show up at night - perhaps make them only spawn on the outer thirds of the map, and only near the center during blood moons?
The 'Support Stave' seems to have a very powerful effect for how early it's obtained, and it kind of interferes with the downsides given by the Thorium mod.
I'm not sure how to feel about the Enchanted Armor set. Compared to the Jungle armor, it has its ups and downs. Maybe it's balanced?

Overall, the mod has a beautiful art style (Well, for most things anyway) and I don't think it's a bad one. It could just use a bit of... polish, especially with the writing. Get a proofreader, maybe?
I might have more critique later on, but rest assured, I'll be playing this mod through to the end.
Hello, thanks for your criticism!
  1. English isn't my native language so, yeah, I suppose I did some mistakes. Feel free to post grammar issues here so I can fix them.
  2. These 2 materials you've mentioned will get more usage in future (Hopefully).
  3. I know about Robber issue, that's because it uses vanilla AI. That will be fixed in the upcoming update. As for the support stave, in which way is it too powerful? Does it heal too much health?

I know about Robber issue, that's because it uses vanilla AI. That will be fixed in the upcoming update. As for the support stave, in which way is it too powerful? Does it heal too much health?

About Robbers... Their sprite is also a bit janky and off-centered. I think this might be because of their gun.

The Support Stave seems too powerful because it acts sort of like a Shiny Stone at the beginning of the game. As long as you're able to stand still and regenerate mana, you can restore your health at a very fast rate. It's particularly noticeable in Expert Mode.
Some might argue that this isn't an issue, and it simply speeds up the tedious process of having to wait for your health to regenerate - I'm inclined to agree, but I'm a little in-between. I'm not sure what the best choice would be.
I guess one of the reasons I felt it was too powerful is because of the Thorium mod's Healer class, and particularly, the item Renew. It has higher costs and downsides to balance out the idea of a mana-based self heal, including making the user more vulnerable for a few seconds after. At the same time, I'm not one to suggest you plagiarize other mods - it's just something I noticed, that's all.

About Robbers... Their sprite is also a bit janky and off-centered. I think this might be because of their gun.

The Support Stave seems too powerful because it acts sort of like a Shiny Stone at the beginning of the game. As long as you're able to stand still and regenerate mana, you can restore your health at a very fast rate. It's particularly noticeable in Expert Mode.
Some might argue that this isn't an issue, and it simply speeds up the tedious process of having to wait for your health to regenerate - I'm inclined to agree, but I'm a little in-between. I'm not sure what the best choice would be.
I guess one of the reasons I felt it was too powerful is because of the Thorium mod's Healer class, and particularly, the item Renew. It has higher costs and downsides to balance out the idea of a mana-based self heal, including making the user more vulnerable for a few seconds after. At the same time, I'm not one to suggest you plagiarize other mods - it's just something I noticed, that's all.
I'll see what can be done with the Stave, thanks :)

I'll see what can be done with the Stave, thanks :)
As loathe as I am to suggest a nerf for the Support Stave (which should really be spelled "Support Staff"), maybe introducing a cooldown for it would be a good option, since it doesn't seem to have one at the moment. You could also increase the use time on it to make spamming right click less viable. Just throwing some possibilities out there for you to play around with. :merchantsmile:

I'm not sure, what happened, to be honest.
I've checked both Tower Keeper Music Box & Sunken Chest:
QhLrSPo.png

Xv7O8oR.png

And it worked fine. Tell me, if this will happen again to you.

I'm not sure, what happened, to be honest.
I've checked both Tower Keeper Music Box & Sunken Chest:
QhLrSPo.png

Xv7O8oR.png

And it worked fine. Tell me, if this will happen again to you.
I'm not sure, I've since mined the chest and so I couldn't get it to happen with it placed elsewhere. The only other thing I might suggest is that the chest was on the right side of the map in the submarine, and I was playing on multiplayer with the settings:
Multiplayer
Host & Play
Expert/Large World/Crimson
Steam Multiplayer: Enabled
Allowed Users: Friends
Allow Friends of Friends: Off
Password enabled

Anyway, since other people are mentioning balance and whatnot, the Antlion Queen Claw is insanely overpowered when used right (or should I say "wrong"?), it makes the Support Stave (should be "Staff") seem like garbage.

Wow.

Okay... What the hell just happened? zadum4ivii, you have some SERIOUS explaining to do.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/470088824954028043/492985838922235921/unknown.png

This is a terrible screenshot, because it was taken in the middle of a panic, but... Antlion Queen is bugged to hell.

We went to the desert and used the Antlion Doll, hoping to fight a cool new boss. A sandstorm started up and I could see its minimap icon - and then... Just... Giant pixels. She was RIDICULOUSLY oversized - unable to even fit on the screen. Immediately I thought "UM... Okay... Switch to fullscreen minimap mode and I can use the boss icon as a target for where to shoot?!" Because... With how absurdly gargantuan the boss was, there's no way in hell I'd be able to hit it otherwise. So... I start to try and fight the boss as my screen is all messed up. Good, right...? It's just a visual, bug, right...?

Wrong.

In the midst of the confusing fight, the boss just... Stuck to me. It was literally going everywhere I was, and it was impossible to get it off. I was constantly taking contact damage. There was no way I'd be able to survive unless the boss died first. Eventually I managed to run away and distance myself to the nearby desert, but my partner died, and I started getting hit by a whole bunch of invisible things. I died, too.

Is this where the torment ends?

Nope.

My partner respawned first, so they went to the desert to continue the fight... Since the boss didn't despawn. Suddenly, a MASSIVE RAIN OF SAND appeared out of nowhere - Sand Blocks were absolutely covering the land, the trees, everywhere. Everything was just completely bogged down in sand, and we had to mine through at least 300 blocks of it before our house (and the desert arena) were clear again. Why did this happen? It only proved to add a bigger annoyance to the horridly bugged fight. I am definitely not going to summon the boss again after that little escapade, and I'm also pretty terrified of summoning the Tower Keeper out of fear it'll bug out just the same.

As usual, I'll give some specs: Latest versions of Terraria and tmodloaderserver. Thorium, Antiaris, Boss Checklist, Recipe Browser, Magic Storage.

Back
Top Bottom