tModLoader Antiaris

Do you like our project in it's current state?

• Yes

Votes: 490 91.9%
  • No (Please, make sure to tell us why don't you like it)

Votes: 43 8.1%

• Total voters
Hi Antiaris Developers, since you posted you had little left to work on really, I have a suggestion for a new duel action weapon.

The weapon is melee with left click and acts like the Flying Knife when holding right click.

I was thinking it could be crafted using The Flying Knife, The Knights Edge, and some hallowed bars (like 12 or so) at a higher level anvil.
It would, as you would guess, act and fly exactly like the Flying Knife except it is larger (though still attacks quickly), does more damage and can be used directly as a normal melee weapon and in doing so may release a decent strength sword beam (not extra strong but still useful).

I was thinking it could be called The Flying Claymore or The Flying Guillotine

If it was to have a "true" version it could be called The True Flying (etc...). It could be made with The Flying (etc...), a Broken Hero Sword, and an Excalibur. A Terra Blade version of that would need to be either very expensive or it might be very unbalanced. Or, you could say that it's already able to be called a "Terra Version" of its former self when adding Excalibur and the Broken Hero Sword and there would be no need to go further. Otherwise, you could try to find uses for older magical knife weapons to form that version such as the Shadow Flame Knife and the Magically Returning Dagger.

On that note one might suggest a True Royal Knife using those two instead of using it for The Flying Terra (etc...) or The True Flying (etc...).

Oh, and if another mod already has this in it, never mind then, but it is an idea to think about

Last edited:
Could someone explain to me how the Pixie lamp placing works or how the item works generally, because it doesn't seem to place where I want it, it always seems to be placed randomly. For example sake it seems to work above ground fine....but for some reason it's placed super high and in a horrible position underground like somehow its NOT allowed to be properly placed below ground. And it's not an issue with room, it literally won't place itself properly in a big room, Maybe it needs some kind of flat block surface or maybe platform place (even though it doesn't seem like it needs it)

So then that begs the question, do regular pixies give you the required ingredients you are supposed to get with the Pixie Lamp, and you just need a lot of pixies, because the unique colors of a mass of pixies seem to only want to spawn underground, so I can't wait for them to spawn on the surface to getting close to the actual properly placed pixie lamp.

Using mods: Start with base, Antiaris and Calamity
A custom base is built from "Start with base" in world gen,
but the Guide's Home awkwardly "grew" on the base (ate up part of it).

(Edit: I haven't tried but I guess if Calamity is disabled, the Guide's Home will eat up bottom part of custom base.)

With Calamity's modified World size in effect,
The coordinates where Antiaris tries to build Home of the Guide is sent into mid-air.
Usually that fails to spawn,
but as the custom base conveniently providing a solid ground mid-air....[insert It's Free Real Estate meme here]

Maybe I need to turn off this mod during world-gen,
But I'm not sure how would that affect this mod's content (or others).

This compatibility issue can be a dealbreaker......

Using mods: Start with base, Antiaris and Calamity
A custom base is built from "Start with base" in world gen,
but the Guide's Home awkwardly "grew" on the base (ate up part of it).

(Edit: I haven't tried but I guess if Calamity is disabled, the Guide's Home will eat up bottom part of custom base.)

With Calamity's modified World size in effect,
The coordinates where Antiaris tries to build Home of the Guide is sent into mid-air.
Usually that fails to spawn,
but as the custom base conveniently providing a solid ground mid-air....[insert It's Free Real Estate meme here]

Maybe I need to turn off this mod during world-gen,
But I'm not sure how would that affect this mod's content (or others).

This compatibility issue can be a dealbreaker......
Are you talking about Magic Tools Kit? If so, it's removed for the next update.

Could someone explain to me how the Pixie lamp placing works or how the item works generally, because it doesn't seem to place where I want it, it always seems to be placed randomly. For example sake it seems to work above ground fine....but for some reason it's placed super high and in a horrible position underground like somehow its NOT allowed to be properly placed below ground. And it's not an issue with room, it literally won't place itself properly in a big room, Maybe it needs some kind of flat block surface or maybe platform place (even though it doesn't seem like it needs it)

So then that begs the question, do regular pixies give you the required ingredients you are supposed to get with the Pixie Lamp, and you just need a lot of pixies, because the unique colors of a mass of pixies seem to only want to spawn underground, so I can't wait for them to spawn on the surface to getting close to the actual properly placed pixie lamp.
I'll look into the placement issue.
And no, regular pixies don't give you materials with the Pixie Lamp.

So I've encountered what I assume to be a glitch with the shovel outside the Adventurer's House? I right clicked the shovel and it has disappeared. Anything I can do to unthaw the Adventurer or to revert this glitch maybe?

I've decided to also show you the UI of Nixie Tubes :p

aq4xyl5.png

Nixie Tubes are not working like Letter Statues, so you won't have to craft a lot of Tubes with different letters to make words, as this is kinda boring.

Right clicking the Tube would bring this UI: You can select whatever supported symbol you need. Also, you've probably noticed two gray slots in the right bottom cornner:
  • The left one is for Lighting Chip, which makes the symbols (Not the Tubes) even brighter, allowing them to glow through paint. For example, if you would paint a default Tube with black paint, the symbol will also be black. But inserting the Chip will keep the symbol orange.
  • The right slot is for Colored Lightbulbs, which color both Nixie Tube color & Symbol color. Right now there're 7 colors and they're colors of gems. You can combine Colored Lightbuls & Lighting Chips to make both Nixie & Symbol colors different.

I am curious if there's a reason for the Quest Log, or Current Quest list.
I have it hot keyed so I can open and close the box for it, but it never updates to list any quests.
Did I miss something? Or is there another quest log that allows you to directly track quests to put on the Current Quest list?
Also, apologies if this has already been brought up, there's 64 pages to go through and I wasn't finding anything using the search function both in browser and in site.

I am curious if there's a reason for the Quest Log, or Current Quest list.
I have it hot keyed so I can open and close the box for it, but it never updates to list any quests.
Did I miss something? Or is there another quest log that allows you to directly track quests to put on the Current Quest list?
Also, apologies if this has already been brought up, there's 64 pages to go through and I wasn't finding anything using the search function both in browser and in site.
It only shows Adventurer's quests. Are you sure you've taken one?

Ah, wasn't sure what quests it tracked. Had the original "fix the guide" thing that didn't show up, a pirate in the ocean who told me to get amulet parts, the vanilla angler, and the hunter npc all with different quests.
Was just curious if I was missing some sub menu option somewhere.

On that particular note... Is there any way to add something like that? Have it pop up akin to the Recipe Browser menu so you can browse all current NPC quests? I am like 2 days into this whole modding thing for Terraria, so still testing the waters n what not ^^;;

I'm having some trouble with crafting better buckshots. To craft meteorite buckshots I need normaln buckshots and meteorite, but normal buckshot is not marked as Material and I simply cannot craft better ones.

EDIT: I figured it out. Since I'm using this mod together with Thorium I was using the wrong buckshots. Issue solved.

Last edited:
This is by far my most favorite mod in Terraria so far. I do have a few questions and issues, though:

1. The new pirate NPC’s quest won’t show up on the quest display. What do I have to do to progress further with him?

2. The Corruption tower with the mirror is really cool. However, what does the mirror do? All the mirror says is that something is moving behind me.

3. Does the note in the Guide’s Cabin (The threat letter) serve any purpose later in the game, or is it just a useless item? I’d love to see something cool involving the note in later versions of the mod.

4. When the Adventurer NPC mentions the Angler, the Angler’s name doesn’t appear in the dialogue box. This bug is a little bothersome, as that specific dialogue is used often by him.

That’s pretty much all. I’d love to see more added to this mod in the future.

1. The new pirate NPC’s quest won’t show up on the quest display. What do I have to do to progress further with him?

It's actually why I asked about the quest log thing, seeing as it is pretty useless outside of the single NPC it is tied to.
In order to get the parts of the amulet, you need to kill bosses. I ended up getting 2 of the 3 off of Brain of Cthulhu and King Slime.

I have yet to encounter the Corruption Tower, so unsure. And the Threat Letter might explain why you spawn in and he's laying on the floor of his destroyed house, in which case (I personally didn't see any signifier or notification or anything relating to this) you can then craft an item that will fix his house.
DO NOT build in the Guides House if you plan to fix it, it will delete a few things here n there >_> *personal experience*

It's actually why I asked about the quest log thing, seeing as it is pretty useless outside of the single NPC it is tied to.
In order to get the parts of the amulet, you need to kill bosses. I ended up getting 2 of the 3 off of Brain of Cthulhu and King Slime.

I have yet to encounter the Corruption Tower, so unsure. And the Threat Letter might explain why you spawn in and he's laying on the floor of his destroyed house, in which case (I personally didn't see any signifier or notification or anything relating to this) you can then craft an item that will fix his house.
DO NOT build in the Guides House if you plan to fix it, it will delete a few things here n there >_> *personal experience*

Thank you for the advice relating to the pirate NPC. I’ll try this out another character soon.

So, finally turned in the Pirate amulet (turns out I forgot I had the 3rd amulet part from days ago) and got the reward.
Upon looking it up on the wiki, it says you have to make a new world to get more of the material so you can make all the Royal gear.
So I just made 2 new worlds real quick, because Slime King, Eye of Cthulhu, and Brain of Cthulhu/Eater Of Worlds is easy to get through.

Each world the pirate still says I already helped him. Don't have the amulet, left the material in the first world, so... what gives?

PS: after trying a couple more new worlds, it suddenly didn't finish loading a new world.
So I restarted the game, which seems to have fixed whatever got borked with the pirate quest option.

Last edited:
This is by far my most favorite mod in Terraria so far. I do have a few questions and issues, though:

2. The Corruption tower with the mirror is really cool. However, what does the mirror do? All the mirror says is that something is moving behind me.

3. Does the note in the Guide’s Cabin (The threat letter) serve any purpose later in the game, or is it just a useless item? I’d love to see something cool involving the note in later versions of the mod.

4. When the Adventurer NPC mentions the Angler, the Angler’s name doesn’t appear in the dialogue box. This bug is a little bothersome, as that specific dialogue is used often by him.

That’s pretty much all. I’d love to see more added to this mod in the future.
  1. Quest Log only shows Adventurer's quest. Check the page on wiki for more info about Magical Amulet.
  2. You need to kill Petrous Knights which spawn near the Tower in Hardmode to get the Stone Hammer. You can use it to break it.
  3. Right now it's useless, but it will certainly be involved in something in future ;)
  4. That's fixed in the next update!
So, finally turned in the Pirate amulet (turns out I forgot I had the 3rd amulet part from days ago) and got the reward.
Upon looking it up on the wiki, it says you have to make a new world to get more of the material so you can make all the Royal gear.
So I just made 2 new worlds real quick, because Slime King, Eye of Cthulhu, and Brain of Cthulhu/Eater Of Worlds is easy to get through.

Each world the pirate still says I already helped him. Don't have the amulet, left the material in the first world, so... what gives?

PS: after trying a couple more new worlds, it suddenly didn't finish loading a new world.
So I restarted the game, which seems to have fixed whatever got borked with the pirate quest option.
Yeah, I've already noticed Pirate is a bit broken when it comes to different worlds, however, I've fixed it for the next update, so you'll be able to finish his quests in other worlds :)

Back
Top Bottom