AntithesisEK: Environments

AntithesisEK

Wall of Flesh
So I have been mining, building and crafting on the same world since 1.2. I've never built anything too large, yet when I build something I continue to learn more about Terraria even years later. It's also a great way of thinking about the game in very specific aspects that might lead to conjuring up suggestions or feedback.

I've been running through various biomes at random and thinking how to make more natural or structured environmental details within them. I figure it's time to share them as I go along.

i917Phr.png

7Nn2WEC.png

1WT7zMB.png

uUyDhoD.png
9WYIYON.png

lUKCvVG.png

NCzbpHF.jpg

Last edited:
These are some very nice builds Antithesis!

The idea of a Crimson Hive is exciting to think about. Brings me back to thinking about those kinds of hives from things like Aliens, along with Metroid. A Botany Lab and Underground structures are also really fascinating to explore. I'll have to continue watching for new awesome stuff that comes here!

These are some very nice builds Antithesis!

The idea of a Crimson Hive is exciting to think about. Brings me back to thinking about those kinds of hives from things like Aliens, along with Metroid. A Botany Lab and Underground structures are also really fascinating to explore. I'll have to continue watching for new awesome stuff that comes here!

Thank you!

I'm glad you sensed some metroid vibes 'cause I've always felt like the Crimson is a sort of, DOOM + Metroid parody. Especially Ichor Stickers. I tend to gravitate towards _____vania styled layouts anyway. My biome suggestion has some underlying metroid influence as well.

I'm not sure what environment to tackle next but I've got some ideas.

Wow, these are really nice. I actually had the same idea for a "jungle botanical research facility" but it turned out nowhere near as good as yours. xD

I have a love/hate relationship with your Abyssal Chasm. I love it because it's very beautiful and detailed. The gamer part of me hates it though because underwater levels tend to suck in video games, haha.

All in all, these are really impressive!

So amazingly atmospheric! I really love how every added detail ands even more "feel" to the build rather than just details for details sake. Really interested in what you tackle next. Corruption is going to be interesting to see your direction.

Wow! Those biomes look amazing! I especially like the underground snow biome. I think it's a cool idea to add shark, jellyfish and piranha statues to the underground ocean biome.

So I've finally got my primary town to a spot where I really like it. I've also completely rebuilt my crafting workshop and themed it around what adventurers might need. Forging, magic research, honing martial skills and a comfortable dorm.

Capital Town
i917Phr.png

A picture during night can be found in the OP.

Back
Top Bottom