Other Art AntithesisEK Sculpture Works

AntithesisEK

Wall of Flesh
Hi everyone. I am a sculptor with a focus on character and creature designs. I'm endeared to Terraria and I thought I'd finally show my appreciation by sculpting a few things from the game with my approach to forms, colors and themes. My primary medium since I was quite young has been polymer clay, it is very versatile material that sculpts just like earthen clay, but can be treated and handled like plasticine.

Here is my regular portfolio. It has almost seven years of work. It should be safe for everyone but does include a wider area of character designs. Just a heads up. https://www.flickr.com/photos/eks3a/

Besides enemies and characters you'd find in the game, I also have a few ideas of my own that I could see being in Terraria or at least imagine them residing somewhere inside one of the biomes. They just don't seem to spawn very often, unfortunately. This also includes suggestion-based enemies and characters.

Regular Characters and Enemies

AKwTdQ6l.jpg

qup7H2Nl.jpg

wvnOf8el.jpg

hj7w0VGl.jpg

DNLWRN3l.jpg

Hypothetical

In recent times, the Corruption has been stirring. Normally, the creatures behaved as slightly more malevolent termites, yet there is evidence of something resembling leadership from deep within the infestation.
jz9ib1jl.jpg

With the seal upon the spirits of light and dark broken, the mysterious aberrations have been empowered. These powerful warriors wield imbued replicas of the Cursed Hammer Sharur, symbol of the Corruption.
lNZhHEZl.jpg

While these entropic beasts are similar to Chaos Elementals, their pearlstone coupling bindings shape them into a very different form. These predators roam Hallow-touched caverns and jungles. Their existence is unstable and they shift between planes, making them difficult to attack at times.
SRacv0vl.jpg

These ever-gazing retina tissue colossi are born of the Blood Moon. With many of the world's most powerful monsters personally felled by your hand, these abominations have found their perfect opportunity to beset reality.
WKaTUR0l.jpg

Suggestion-Based

From http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...-the-desserted-land-an-alternate-hallow.6352/
Candy Knight
qjToOjel.jpg

Aise the Creamsand Witch (concept model)
Zj2s363l.jpg

The Cremeleon
These fondant coated pseudo-lifeforms prowl Confected caves and jungles, catching prey with their fruit scented tongues. Cherry-watermelon flavor.
Their skin is covered in Sucrophores, a very pure sugar that refracts light, giving them active camouflage.
fFS6U4ml.jpg

http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...tion-inferno-of-flavor-anti-confection.16574/

Spiced Bunny and Piquant Pillbug
It is extremely unclear if these are mutated animals, or sentient plants mimicking creatures.
kYrfxYgl.jpg

Vipepper
Is it venomous serpent or poisonous plant? The threat of an unfortunate end remains the same regardless.
FF7yLV1l.jpg

Soldier
These amalgams of soil and plantlife serve as the first defense for the Sensation.
bT5K1mUl.jpg

Elder
Powerful and fully ripened, Elders are rarely encountered yet immediately recognizable by their unique Bio-Armor.
eV5ojzRl.jpg

Pyromancer
Intelligent and territorial, these elementals can channel and direct their internal heat through abnormally grown vine scepters.
38Rntixl.jpg

Infernal Tyrant
Elementals that were too powerful to properly banish to another plane were entombed in the earth.
Over eons, the special blend of rage and flame inherent within all Sensational beings mutates them into Infernal Tyrants.
This one is known as the Unsoothed, a fitting name for a creature with a perpetually lost temper.
9y2OfCQl.jpg

Jolokia
Amongst all the aggravated growth and seething rage, perhaps the essence of the Sensation has a sense of humor.
Or at least a willingness to blow itself up because it doesn't like what's happening.
RXucncnl.jpg

Morugandr
These elemental wyrms burn so painfully hot, their blood is like a poison to other forms of life.
abaG8wSl.jpg

Roasted Mummy
While they often burn at a high temperature, they are still plants. Too much sunlight overcharges their vine-like nervous system, charring it.
AMvcT01l.jpg

Sanshōgun
The ancient Serranoth Lords who attempted to set ablaze the world and stars, true embodiments of ruthlessness.
They were sealed away from this existence. That is, until you broke the Seal.
9gofgMsl.jpg

Pepper Reaper
The first avatars of the Sensation, these beings lost physical form long ago, yet refuse to be extinguished and persist as spectral masses of heat.
BtCesjRl.jpg

Salsamander
Should the Sensation be allowed to touch the planet's core, the raw molten energy allows the Essence to produce mockeries of the primal flame elementals, salamanders.
vOm2UjVl.jpg

Special Pieces
uPDQHUYl.jpg

In case someone's curious or really likes my work, I'll be honest I don't intend to take requests. However, I might ask simple questions and take them into consideration. I can always take extra photos if necessary.

Last edited:
This is fantastic! Amazing work!

I must say, my favorites are actually the suggestion-based ones; they have a quite unique appearance.

I was wondering why I havn't seen this before,
Appears you've made it today, lewl.

Anyway, I't really cool looking, and very unique too, as I havn't seen much sculpture artists here around.
I like how you've made the candy knight so well.

Keep up the good work!

I know I already Liked this, but didn't get around to leaving a comment. It's great that you have a thread now! I mean, I've already seen much of your work before and my praise now just echoes what I've already said about how awesome it is, but it's cool to display it this way, especially since there are very, very few sculptors among the artist community here!

I think my favorite here is the Cremeleon. I really like how you managed to get that sugar-encrusted look on bits of it.

Keep up the great work!

I think my favorite here is the Cremeleon. I really like how you managed to get that sugar-encrusted look on bits of it.

Even so, I'm greatly appreciative that you stopped by to comment!

Yeah! The Cremeleon was a great experiment. That's real sugar baked on to the gumdrop eyes and horn. It's a lot of fun imagining what sort of creatures besides what Snickerbobble has already created would reside in the Confection.

Honestly, this thread is full of incredible sculptures. I'm loving these so far, I've always wanted to make sculptures, but I can never find myself doing so with a degree of success. Just want all these sculptures lined up on my mantelpiece or something; they're awesome.

Great sculptures! How long does it take you to complete a sculpture? I'm curious how big or how tall those are...

Great sculptures! How long does it take you to complete a sculpture? I'm curious how big or how tall those are...

Personally it takes anywhere from less than 2 hours to almost 30 hours, non-continuous, depending on how much detail goes into it. Most are within three to about seven inches tall on average.

The largest piece I have is two feet long head to tail.

I tend to make the armature before hand as a separate part of the process.

Back
Top Bottom