Biomes & Nature Antlion Biome Enhancements

NewDawn1449

Terrarian
I personally love the antlion biome/hive/den. I love how the caves are formed, the looks of the blocks used and the enemies, however, I feel that it could be much more.

Biome size increase!
I feel that the antlion nest is way too small and that it should be increased to 8x - 12x the area of current antlion nests.
The reasons I have for the size increase are that I dug all the fossils from the biome on 2 large worlds and didn't get the amber from the loot.
When exploring the biome, I found myself finishing it too quickly and was quite disappointed in the lack of area to explore.
Finally, the increase would be needed if the following ideas are accepted.

Tar Pits!
Basically, just bodies of fluid that are much thinker than honey (and black of course), if you or a standard enemy falls in, you are pretty much a goner without a slope to walk out on.
You could fish from them for new types of fish and for fishing quests. Also antlion biome specific fishing loot crate. Maybe a rare item to fish out that gives a skeleton/antlion pet?
A new tar enemy or enemies that when they touch you, they get stuck to you, so it's either kill them or die. (Sticky zombie/slime/eye/other)
A new type of trap that utilises tar, maybe a pressure plate that makes the floor actuate and you fall in tar. Maybe one like the boulder trap, but tar comes down to block the path.
Tar could be used as an alternative to gel for sticky bombs, and/or a new type of "Tar bomb" that, when it explodes, coats everything nearby in tar, making everything get stuck.
Tar arrows/bullets and grenades that slow enemies. Also maybe the tar could be ignitable, when an enemy has the tar debuff, they take extra damage from fire/on fire debuff.
A sword that applies the tar/slow debuff. An accessory that makes you immune to the tar debuff (except when submerged in tar), and another to allow easier movement in tar.
Tar mixed with honey would make blocks that once touched, are impossible to remove yourself from without destroying the block.
I am sorry, but I can not think of what tar mixed with lave or water would make.

Antlion enemies and bosses!
Antlion princes would be a hardmode enemy that spawns above and below ground, the idea is that they are looking for a place to build a mating chamber.

Antlion kings would be a boss mobs like that of the queen bee. They would be found in their own special, separate mating chambers that they make to attract queens. These chambers would act much in the same way as the hives. One would need to kill several in order to collect an item/items for summoning the queen. The kings would drop items that are used to make several antlions themed weapons and/or armour. Also, accessories could also be added, such as the aforementioned tar items above.

Antlion queens would be the final boss of the biome. The player would need to collect enough blocks from the kings' chambers to make a custom chamber big enough to please a queen. Once completed, a pheromone item made from king drops would be used to summon the queen. These queens would spawn the antlion swarmers, spit tar at the player and other various attacks. This queen could be used to acquire a new set of wings, either by direct drop or by crafting with dropped items.

Items obtainable by killing the kings and queens:
  • Antlion based summoning staff
  • Antlion armour that halves the duration of most debuffs with the full set bonus
  • Minecart that looks like an antlion charger
  • Materials needed to craft a sword, bow, yoyo and other antlion themed weapons
  • A magic tar staff
  • An antlion swarmer mount
  • An antlion based pet
  • An accessory that applies tar on melee attacks
  • An accessory that allows better mobility in tar
  • An accessory that allows walking on tar
  • Combine tar walking with Lava Waders
  • Combine tar mobility with flippers?

Other antlion biome enhancements!
  • Earthquakes that cause loot to drop from the roofs of the caves (some of which might be rare items exclusive to the earthquake)
  • Antlion themed furniture and maybe tar themed furniture
  • Tar fall walls and dripper
  • Tornados on the surface
Thank you all for reading!

this is pretty cool, but do you mean the desert when you say antilian biome or is there a biome i just have never seen. this is not a joke, i am sorry for my idiotic self if this is annoying.

this is pretty cool, but do you mean the desert when you say antilian biome or is there a biome i just have never seen. this is not a joke, i am sorry for my idiotic self if this is annoying.
I think he means the Underground desert.

I really like this idea, but you might want to flesh out the details a bit. What are the enemies stats? How much damage do the weapons do? Also, the earthquakes sound interesting, but what kind of stuff would drop through the ceiling? Maybe there could be specific rooms with sand on the ceiling that drops during an earthquake? Anyways though, I like the idea!

Back
Top Bottom