Any challenges/things to do post-moon lord?

leechheart

Skeletron Prime
After completing my second playthrough of Terraria, I've kinda lost motivation to do anything with the game now. Is there anything to do now (e.g, speedruns, beating a boss with UP gear, ect) because I love this game and don't want to stop playing.

Did you try expert mode?

It's only your second play through and your bored? I feel like a geek. I'll do a play through and be like "ok this is my last play through for a long, long time", and then in a month I'm right back at it.

You mentioned a few good ways to play.

You could also do class runs, for example a warrior or mage play through. You could do a collect everything play through. I have yet to do a hardcore play through, never really liked the idea but that's an option. You could do an RP play through. I love Game of Thrones, I've thought about playing as a character. I'm not great at RP though.

Did you try expert mode?

It's only your second play through and your bored? I feel like a geek. I'll do a play through and be like "ok this is my last play through for a long, long time", and then in a month I'm right back at it.

You mentioned a few good ways to play.

You could also do class runs, for example a warrior or mage play through. You could do a collect everything play through. I have yet to do a hardcore play through, never really liked the idea but that's an option. You could do an RP play through. I love Game of Thrones, I've thought about playing as a character. I'm not great at RP though.
I've done Expert mode, well at least I'm doing Expert mode.
I like the Expert Mode and RP ideas, but I don't wanna do Hardcore or Collect Everything

I've also decided to build a new Castle
Hardcore is the best - YOU GET OP SHADES
The shades are cool, but I'm on console, so no shades for me :(

I like to try and just 'Max out things'. Like purify the world. Make PDA and Ankh charms and stuff. Get all the trophys and masks. 100% achievements. All mounts and pets. There's a billion things to do without making another play through.

You could always look into playing with mods. There are some really great content mods, such as Thorium, Calamity, Spirit and Tremor, which add a lot of new content in the form of new mobs, weapons, armor, items, bosses, and even biomes, often with an emphasis on new post-Moonlord content. The one downside (if you can call it such, I saw it as a great motivating factor to play more) is that you have to start from scratch with a new world. (Actually, now that I think about it, there shouldn't be any technical reason you couldn't copy any vanilla characters, with all their gear and items, into the mods-only player folder to have continued access to them when playing with mods (though this does essentially "fork" the character)).

Try a flail play through. The only weapons you are allowed to use are: (have a corruption world)
Chain knives
Ball o hurt
Blue moon
Sunfury
Dao o pow
The other chain knives that you get from the mimic
The plantera flail
The duke fishron flail
And finally : Solar eruption (so you can actually kill the moon lord)
Easy level : Use minions
Intermediate level : Use buffs
Hard level: No buffs
Hardcore level: Hardcore,

Try a flail play through. The only weapons you are allowed to use are: (have a corruption world)
Chain knives
Ball o hurt
Blue moon
Sunfury
Dao o pow
The plantera flail
The duke fishron flail
I love you thank you I am doing this immediatly
You could always look into playing with mods. There are some really great content mods, such as Thorium, Calamity, Spirit and Tremor, which add a lot of new content in the form of new mobs, weapons, armor, items, bosses, and even biomes, often with an emphasis on new post-Moonlord content. The one downside (if you can call it such, I saw it as a great motivating factor to play more) is that you have to start from scratch with a new world. (Actually, now that I think about it, there shouldn't be any technical reason you couldn't copy any vanilla characters, with all their gear and items, into the mods-only player folder to have continued access to them when playing with mods (though this does essentially "fork" the character)).
I'm getting a pc soon. RN I don't have one

Last edited:
Chain knives
Ball o hurt
Blue moon
Sunfury
Dao o pow
The plantera flail
The duke fishron flail
Is using the Harpoon cheating?

Here are some suggestions for some challenges you could do:
-try to collect all the boss trophies and masks
-try to complete 200 angler quests
-try to get all the achivements
-install some mods

Back
Top Bottom