Any good pre hard mode money farms?

Based on my (very) recent experience, I'd say boss farming is better. At least if you really need the money (I haven't found anything to spend it on). Eye and Brain of Cthulhu is probably easy for you if you have good gear. Especially the Eye is easy to craft summons for, as you only need lenses.

Admittedly this wasn't the most exciting, but I fought Brain of Cthulhu 18 times, and ended up with over 1 platinum, plus 3200 crimson ore and 800 tissue samples. Suppose that would sell for a lot as well. Good to finally get some usage out of all those resources I had saved up for 80 hours or whatever :D

Once you have good gear, fishing at the ocean and selling the toolfish and other goodies can bring in a heap of money. But fishing is boring compared to other ways of making money.

Based on my (very) recent experience, I'd say boss farming is better. At least if you really need the money (I haven't found anything to spend it on). Eye and Brain of Cthulhu is probably easy for you if you have good gear. Especially the Eye is easy to craft summons for, as you only need lenses.

Admittedly this wasn't the most exciting, but I fought Brain of Cthulhu 18 times, and ended up with over 1 platinum, plus 3200 crimson ore and 800 tissue samples. Suppose that would sell for a lot as well. Good to finally get some usage out of all those resources I had saved up for 80 hours or whatever :D
BoC, yes.
EoC too, but, yeah, I would say, Brain of Ctulhu is a pretty good source of money pre-hardmode, if you want money.
I wouldn't say you need to fight it 18 times for 1 plat. crimtane bars sell for very-very good money. if you turn all the crimtane ore you get, into bars and sell them, you can easily get 1 plat with defeating BoC only like just 3-4 times, with the money it drops and all that crimtane. You really don't need all that crimtane for anything anyway late pre-hardmode.

Back
Top Bottom