Any ideas for certain NPC houses?

P H A N T A S M

Terrarian
Hello! This is my second post to the forums, and I was thinking about making themed houses for certain NPCs.

The NPCs I am talking about are the following,
  • Arms Dealer
  • Steampunker
  • Tax Collector
These are the NPC houses I would like help to find a good themed house for them to live in. Any help would be very much appreciated. :happy:

-P H A N T A S M

Note: The Dryad, Cyborg, and Party Girl where removed because Laluzi gave me Ideas for them

Last edited:
I always like building the Dryad a house made of jungle grassed mud and Living Wood/Leaves. The Cyborg goes very well with a structure made with any combination of Martian Conduit, Shroomite, and cyan-painted gemspark blocks, and I like giving the Party Girl some ridiculous rainbow-painted nightmare where I paint every individual block of the furniture/doors a different contrasting color. She sells a lot of her own decorations, what with all the balloons and streamers.

I always like building the Dryad a house made of jungle grassed mud and Living Wood/Leaves. The Cyborg goes very well with a structure made with any combination of Martian Conduit, Shroomite, and cyan-painted gemspark blocks, and I like giving the Party Girl some ridiculous rainbow-painted nightmare where I paint every individual block of the furniture/doors a different contrasting color. She sells a lot of her own decorations, what with all the balloons and streamers.
Thanks for telling me some Ideas! I'll get started on the type of houses right away! :happy:

Hello! This is my second post to the forums, and I was thinking about making themed houses for certain NPCs.

The NPCs I am talking about are the following,
  • Arms Dealer
  • Steampunker
  • Tax Collector
These are the NPC houses I would like help to find a good themed house for them to live in. Any help would be very much appreciated. :happy:

-P H A N T A S M

Note: The Dryad, Cyborg, and Party Girl where removed because Laluzi gave me Ideas for them
Arms Dealer works well in a desert/dynasty house(check out HappyDays' gunslinger playthrough for inspiration) or some painted dynasty house. Steampunker looks cool in some sort of airship/Victorian sky build(Steampunk theme). Don't overuse cogs with the Steampunker's house, use them sparingly for details.Tax Collector looks good with marble, but a grounded Victorian house(Scrooge's home) looks good too. Don't overthink it, just let your imagination run wild!

Arms Dealer works well in a desert/dynasty house(check out HappyDays' gunslinger playthrough for inspiration) or some painted dynasty house. Steampunker looks cool in some sort of airship/Victorian sky build(Steampunk theme). Don't overuse cogs with the Steampunker's house, use them sparingly for details.Tax Collector looks good with marble, but a grounded Victorian house(Scrooge's home) looks good too. Don't overthink it, just let your imagination run wild!

I really like the idea of the airship for the steampunker, the other are really cool too! Thanks for telling me this!

I've got a old base build over in the 1.3-base thread where I did small rooms for each of them: latest version at https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/post-your-1-3-base-here.23543/page-15#post-1485365 . (For some reason the forum isn't letting me do internal links these days.)

Expanding on the themes from that:

Arms dealer: Mine is a tin-walled shed, with a ratty couch and bare light. Expanding that, you could do a "shack" build, worn and damaged, with living and storage in a "hidden" room in the basement. Or take him upscale as a smuggler, with a less beat-up "front" house up top, with hidden luxury beneath the trapdoors/secret walls A variation of the latter would be to play the "race card", and decorate it in 70's/80's ghetto style. Or he could go for a showy mansion up front, with the ugly secrets beneath.

Steampunker: I've just got a room with cog walls, theme furniture and a machine (placed cogs) on the table. Expanding that to a "real house", you could have various gadgetry around, including both her devices and the Mechanic's, conveyor belts and teleporters, levers, etc, as well as sections of cog wall and structures of placed cogs. You could even have a Rube Goldberg machine that does blinkenlights or shuffles a few items around. (Alas, Terraria doesn't really have pistons.) Any geeky references are a plus, e.g a lightsaber in a weapon rack.

Tax Collector: I gave him a dark garret with a tiny window, and a table piled with coins. That could be expanded into a neglected mansion, with "all his wealth" piled on tables and floors and in overflowing chests. Perhaps a room with all the tax records (books, and whatever you can figure for piles of paper).

Back
Top Bottom