any in-depth guides on sliding doors?

TehWildcard

Skeletron Prime
i wanna know how to make one for my portal map. it'll be very important for the aesthetic of the whole thing.

To be specific, is what you want a door where it opens and closes one block at a time?
I would recommend using a timer cascade or hoik line with pressure plates to do that, which I'll make an example of if that's what you need, but if you need something larger (up to ~30 stages) I'll start developing an idea I have for that.

I would recommend using a timer cascade or hoik line with pressure plates to do that, which I'll make an example of if that's what you need, but if you need something larger (up to ~30 stages) I'll start developing an idea I have for that.
I'd say an easier way would be to have a dart trap shoot a dart along a surface with several teal pressure pads. You can adjust the speed of it opening by spacing out the pressure pads by different amounts, and to close it, fire a dart in the opposite direstion.
Capture 2020-09-08 12_41_31.png

Capture 2020-09-08 12_41_15.png

One thing to note is that it has a 3 second cooldown between 2 openings or 2 closings. To get around that you could use a 2-way hoik with pressure plates and a dummy ghost.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom