Console Any other Terraria hoarders out there?

DFA_2Tricky

Plantera
I've been going through a bunch of my chests and have come to the conclusion that I'm a Terraria hoarder. Dirt, stone, snow, ice, I keep EVERYTHING!
Is this a common thing? Are there other players that do this?

I keep way too much. Chests and chests of blocks that I don't need. But what if I do later, how can I get rid of them. `:D It's a good thing that my chests are always organized.

If I get back to my base everything will go in a chest, but if I'm out and about exploring and running out of room I'll get rid of stuff. I always use the piggy bank and safe to the fullest to bring moe items home too.

My main world holds every item in the game because I just have to collect everything, and stackable items? Piles and piles. So yeah, you're not alone.
The amount of chlorophyte that I scrounged up for example is sickening. And why do I collect so much of it and keep it? Damned if I know. Every time I make a new character I'll be mining the stuff anyway, not touching anything I stored away.
It's even so bad that stuff that I have too much of to fit inside my house gets stored on another map! I need help. :confused:

I believe there are others who are just as insane. Aren't you as well, @Leinfors? :p

I keep everything I collect. Only if absolutely necessary do I delete the stuff I pick up. Whenever I build my base, I end up building a dedicated storage room. Then when I make my base bigger, I build yet another dedicated storage room. I have a chest to hold other chests I collect. I have a chest dedicated to only Granite blocks. I try to keep my stuff as organized as possible. And being able to name chests really helps wit that.

I keep all the blocks I get, from dirt, mud, ice. And see mud and dirt as valuable for building my own biomes. Doesn't matter whether I use that boomerang or potion I picked up. I collect it and put it in a chest in a dark room in my base where it never sees the light of day.

I'm insane like the rest of you all :dryadtongue:

The only thing I don't keep is dirt. The others... trashed only if I'm full while exploring.

Honestly, Terraria's synonym should be "hoarders gather here".

People are usually surprised that I bring EVERYTHING I find from other worlds I have (Even if it is an old, useless world, I take it) and I keep mass amounts of mud to add to my ever expanding jungle base. I guess I may or may not have way too much free time on my hands...

My 'affliction' is not nearly as bad as other people's seems to be. For me, it is more about being too lazy to either clean it all up by throwing the useless stuff away or spending hours arranging said useless stuff into some semblance of order. That being said, I have worlds where I have done that at least partly and am awed and amazed when I experience other Terrarians worlds and they have everything ordered, labeled and stowed away. My guess is a psychiatrist would have a field day looking at our worlds and what/how we fill our chests.

I finally decided to get organized with my hoarding, am currently setting up a storage room ready for 1.3 the only stuff i get rid of is gel and stars and easy to obtain stuff but only if my inventory is full. I think we need professional help.

One max stack is all you need. Nothing you build now will be around after the reboot anyways so what's the point
Oh, whatofit.
You are correct. For me it's the whole "what if" idea. What if my friends need this or what if I lose it. My other answer is a blunt "because I can. "

One max stack is all you need. Nothing you build now will be around after the reboot anyways so what's the point
For clarification, the Reset planned for Xbox One and PS4 is not intended to wipe game progress, it is a Reset of the game's code. Here is more from 505 Games:
Clarification on Reset
There has been significant confusion about the reset, so to clarify, the intentions of ReLogic and Pipeworks is to be able to seamlessly integrate old worlds and player files into the new codebase for Console Terraria. This is not expected to delete your old saves, its merely a rewrite of the game's code, so your progress should be safe!

There's a max number of chests?! It makes sense but I've never really thought of it. How many IS the max number of chests?

The max amount of chests in any given World is 1,000 from what I remember. And it is very rare for any player in a typical playthrough to reach this amount of chests. Even with me and my massive amounts of item hoarding. I've never had even over 100 chests in my base.

Back
Top Bottom