Console Any tips for catching a "Wisp" ?

Which do you enjoy using more ?

• Total voters

YinaniY

Skeletron Prime
I have been farming the dungeon for a Wisp in a bottle for ages. I am in the right dungeon: post-Plantera hardmode, and I have set up some traps and some water candles to attract mobs.

I also have put down lihzahrd bricks (I believe it increases the spawn rates ?) and I have heart statues and a campfire.

I put an elastic band around my RT on my XBONE controller, and have it auto-swinging my vampire knives to protect me from dungeon spirits, and of course those pesky necromancers.

I have had a ton of great loot but only one Wisp in a bottle. I want another two: one for my Missus and one for my Son.

Have I done something wrong, or is there some sort of game mechanic that I have overlooked ?

I have been farming the dungeon for a Wisp in a bottle for ages. I am in the right dungeon: post-Plantera hardmode, and I have set up some traps and some water candles to attract mobs.

I also have put down lihzahrd bricks (I believe it increases the spawn rates ?) and I have heart statues and a campfire.

I put an elastic band around my RT on my XBONE controller, and have it auto-swinging my vampire knives to protect me from dungeon spirits, and of course those pesky necromancers.

I have had a ton of great loot but only one Wisp in a bottle. I want another two: one for my Missus and one for my Son.

Have I done something wrong, or is there some sort of game mechanic that I have overlooked ?
Like lots of people would say, the RNG god isn't in your favor. It took me an extremely long time to get my Wisp in a bottle.

I know the drop rate is super low at 0.25 but would it be better to have Rusty Armoured Bones, Blue Armoured Bones and Hell Armoured Bones in the same area to farm it faster. Is that even possible to have the three variant Armoured Bones in the same place in the dungeon?

If you lure a Rusty bones up to Hell and Blue then yeah.
I know the drop rate is super low at 0.25 but would it be better to have Rusty Armoured Bones, Blue Armoured Bones and Hell Armoured Bones in the same area to farm it faster. Is that even possible to have the three variant Armoured Bones in the same place in the dungeon?

But can they spawn in the same area as eachother, or do you think that it matters having only 2 of them ? At the "farm" I have made, I never get Hell Armoured Bones, just the other two.

So having all three wouldn't actually make any difference to the 0.25 drop rate.:confused:

For some reason I thought that it might multiply the drop rate, therefore giving a better chance of them dropping the Wisp.

I guess that it would be no different if all three variants of skeleton were there, versus three of the same skeleton.... makes sense I guess.

Back
Top Bottom