Any Tips For Plantera Expert Mode?

Caryelah

Terrarian
I had Turtle Armor and full warding accessories. I've failed 3 times. I had big arena with heart lanterns, campfires. I'm using Yelets to with ichor while fighting. I can survive until it's second stage. Is there's a better strategy for beating Plantera in Expert Mode?

Thanks.

The best weapons to defeat plantera with are the clockwork assult rifle from the WoF or the Terra blade. I would recommend farming the wall of flesh for the clockwork assult rifle. Chlorophyte bullets or crystal bullets are great for defeating Plantera.

In my personal experience, your best choice is to use the Death Sickle. The Death Sickle is dropped by Reapers during the Solar Eclipse with a drop rate of roughly 4% (if I recall correctly). The weapon is an excellent choice against Plantera; it has unmatched DPS at that point of the game, and it can pierce plenty of enemies. On the bonus, it can even shoot through walls!

The best way to dodge Plantera is to try and circle around her; other movements will let her catch up to you quickly. Believe it or not, too many platforms can actually impede your circling! Try to keep a few layers of platforms, but make sure there aren't too many that can slow down your fall.

In my personal experience, your best choice is to use the Death Sickle. The Death Sickle is dropped by Reapers during the Solar Eclipse with a drop rate of roughly 4% (if I recall correctly). The weapon is an excellent choice against Plantera; it has unmatched DPS at that point of the game, and it can pierce plenty of enemies. On the bonus, it can even shoot through walls!

The best way to dodge Plantera is to try and circle around her; other movements will let her catch up to you quickly. Believe it or not, too many platforms can actually impede your circling! Try to keep a few layers of platforms, but make sure there aren't too many that can slow down your fall.
The death sickle is a great weapon, but it's range isn't super far. If you have a medium to small arena, it would be perfect; but if you have a fairly large arena you should probably use something more ranged.

Definitely try to circle around her.

The death sickle is a great weapon, but it's range isn't super far. If you have a medium to small arena, it would be perfect; but if you have a fairly large arena you should probably use something more ranged.
I've used a fairly large arena for all of my melee runs. I've found that the Death Sickle has massively more success than the Terra Blade in the battle, as it can pierce through the tentacles more effectively. Plus, maintaining a large distance between you and Plantera is difficult to do, especially on Expert. Knowing that, you're going to be in the medium range anyway - perfect for the Death Sickle to shine.

Regardless, the Terra Blade is still an excellent choice.

La armadura esta muy bien, para derrotarla facil crea flechas sagradas y el repetidor de clorofita junto con pociones de arco pocion de espinas y defensa, si puedes equipate la cruz bendita, ya que al impactar las flechas lanzaran estrellas que te serviran con plantera en su segunda fase, te ayudara a quitarte los pequeños esbirritos de los tentaculos

La armadura esta muy bien, para derrotarla facil crea flechas sagradas y el repetidor de clorofita junto con pociones de arco pocion de espinas y defensa, si puedes equipate la cruz bendita, ya que al impactar las flechas lanzaran estrellas que te serviran con plantera en su segunda fase, te ayudara a quitarte los pequeños esbirritos de los tentaculos
In english that says: The armor is very good, to defeat it easily create sacred arrows and the chlorophyte repeater along with arc potions of thorns and defense, if you can equip the blessed cross, since when impacting the arrows they will throw stars that will serve you with a pose on their second phase, it will help you take off the little minions of the tentacles.

Definitely try to circle around her.
I was thinking about crafting a Terra Blade. I had True Night's Edge. I circle around her. I had Death Sickle and i'm not using it. I need a another Broken Hero Sword for crafting a Terra Blade.

You can try switching to Titanium Armor for the fight. It synergizes well with weapons like the Death Sickle which hit multiple times quickly as titanium armor completely nullifies damage very often. Death Sickle is better than the Terra Blade for this fight as the Terra Blade is better for aboveground invasion events, while the Death Sickle has better single target damage and works well underground. If you don't already have it, the Celestial Shell also works really well in all situations as it boosts all damage, attack speed, defense, and health regeneration. You should also use the Queen Spider Staff in your arena as it's basically free damage. If all else fails, you can try using a mixture of the Squire's Great Helm with your turtle armor for the broken health regen it gives you. Finally, use Regeneration, Rage/Wrath, and Endurance potions for the fight. You can also switch classes just for this fight if you feel it would help.

You can try switching to Titanium Armor for the fight. It synergizes well with weapons like the Death Sickle which hit multiple times quickly as titanium armor completely nullifies damage very often. Death Sickle is better than the Terra Blade for this fight as the Terra Blade is better for aboveground invasion events, while the Death Sickle has better single target damage and works well underground. If you don't already have it, the Celestial Shell also works really well in all situations as it boosts all damage, attack speed, defense, and health regeneration. You should also use the Queen Spider Staff in your arena as it's basically free damage. If all else fails, you can try using a mixture of the Squire's Great Helm with your turtle armor for the broken health regen it gives you. Finally, use Regeneration, Rage/Wrath, and Endurance potions for the fight. You can also switch classes just for this fight if you feel it would help.
Unfortunately my world no has titanium so i can't craft Titanium Armor. I'm not have celestial stone and i don't know how to get it. I had Death Sickle it's in one of my chests. I'm using three spider minions through Summoning Potion and Bewichting table. I'll try Death Sickle Queen Spider combination. I also using Endurance, Wrath, Rage and Lifeforce Potion.

Last edited:
I have not found an easier way than this:

- Get your hands on a pair of Fetid Baghnakhs and get them to Legendary.
- Only have accessories that increase your damage, and reforge them to Violent (=increased melee speed), although Menacing works for me as well. Wear the Cross Necklace!
Stuff that I use: Mechanical Glove, Fire Gauntlet, Warrior Emblem, Celestial Shell, Destroyer Emblem.
- Don't use any wings or boots, only use accessories that do extra damage AND the Cross Necklace. You're not going to be moving.
- Stand near a bulb, make sure you have full health (this means you should also be full on jungle fruit). If not using a shield, grapple yourself to the ground.
- Use the following buffs: Well Fed, Ironskin, Regeneration, Flask of Ichor. - Endurance, Rage, and Wrath are a nice bonus.
- Pop the bulb.

- Be sure Plantera cannot hit you while it's moving towards you. Hide behind something so it won't fire at you. You want Plantera to move on top of you.
- Keep swinging the Baghnakhs when Plantera is closing in and on top of you and watch as you shred each other apart.
- Use a healing potion when your health is too low.

Now if you did all of this right, you killed Plantera before it killed you. I have a 100% success rate with this.

Unfortunately my world no has titanium so i can't craft Titanium Armor. I'm not have celestial stone and i don't know how to get it. I had Death Sickle it's in one of my chests. I'm using three spider minions through Summoning Potion and Bewichting table. I'll try Death Sickle Queen Spider combination. I also using Endurance, Wrath, Rage and Lifeforce Potion.
You can get titanium ore from fishing up crates if the demon altars didn't give you any ;)

I have not found an easier way than this:

- Get your hands on a pair of Fetid Baghnakhs and get them to Legendary.
- Only have accessories that increase your damage, and reforge them to Violent (=increased melee speed), although Menacing works for me as well. Wear the Cross Necklace!
Stuff that I use: Mechanical Glove, Fire Gauntlet, Warrior Emblem, Celestial Shell, Destroyer Emblem.
- Don't use any wings or boots, only use accessories that do extra damage AND the Cross Necklace. You're not going to be moving.
- Stand near a bulb, make sure you have full health (this means you should also be full on jungle fruit). If not using a shield, grapple yourself to the ground.
- Use the following buffs: Well Fed, Ironskin, Regeneration, Flask of Ichor. - Endurance, Rage, and Wrath are a nice bonus.
- Pop the bulb.

- Be sure Plantera cannot hit you while it's moving towards you. Hide behind something so it won't fire at you. You want Plantera to move on top of you.
- Keep swinging the Baghnakhs when Plantera is closing in and on top of you and watch as you shred each other apart.
- Use a healing potion when your health is too low.

Now if you did all of this right, you killed Plantera before it killed you. I have a 100% success rate with this.
I already have Legendary Fetid Baghnakhs. I'll give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom