Any way to trap the clowns, and possibly set up a death by melee?

Vic 2.0

Terrarian
I'm trying to be stubbornly melee in my playthrough. I set up my arena so I can fight during the blood moons but the clowns keep coming along with their blankety blank chattering teeth bombs and blowing me to smithereens. Is there any way to get them "stuck" somewhere so I can hop over there and wail on them while avoiding the bombs?

Clowns can jump pretty high, but they are still grounded enemies. A deep enough hole should trap them. It just should be deeper than for most enemies. I dunno how deep exactly. I think they jumped out of the same trench, that managed to trap possessed armors, werewolves and the like. but a deeper hole probably should work.

Clowns have fighter AI so a simple wall with a lip should be able to completely stop them. Once you have them trapped use a yoyo or starfury to kill them.

Thanks, guys. I'm guessing that no matter where you are in relation to the clown he'll throw the bombs in your direction making melee attacks impossible regardless?

I really didn't want to just have an island surrounded with lava to kill the enemies in.

Although I did start off wanting an AFK farm on the surface. Maybe something utilizing the hoik system, to bring all the goodies up to me...

Anyway, thanks again, I'll give all this some thought.

Update: Decided to use some geyser traps and minions to deal with the clowns. I set up some pressure plates to signal when a clown is approaching (too high up for zombies and such to trigger but low enough for the clowns). Rigged that to some lights in my arena so I can know when they're coming, get to high ground, turn on the traps a kill them off before I go back down.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom