Anybody here play Metroidvanias? Like Super Metroid or Castlevania: Symphony of the Night?

Tibithia Σ

Plantera
I play this 3D FPS that's kinda like one. It's called Prey. The 2017 one, not the 2006 one. Bit more like System Shock, but I consider that to have started something kinda like the 3D Metroidvania.

I am a longtime fanatic of the Metroid series personally. I've played each Metroid game except for 2 of them (Metroid II, and Federation Force)

When I first got a Gameboy Advance, Metroid Zero Mission was the first game I got with it. As a result it has helped heavily shaped my interest in the alien worlds you explore in underground caverns, along with the Permanent Upgrade system throughout the game.

A few other Metroidvania games I also enjoy include Hollow Knight, Ori and the Blind Forest, Bloodstained, and Aquaria. A huge part of it is atmopshere and each of these games in addition to the Metroid series itself nail having a somber atmosphere.

I do want to play Symphony of the Night eventually. I plan to get the Mobile version after I knock out more of my current backlog of games.

Love them ! Though one of my absolute favourites is Rabi-Ribi, that one is soooooooo good and I used to stream it on twitch. Hollow Knight's pretty good too. And of course as a series that named the genre, Metroid and Castlevania are pretty great as well.

Back
Top Bottom