Console Anyone actually seen a shadow hammer?

ED209

Plantera
Do they exist on console? Or is it just a mobile thing?

I should point out that I DON'T mean a cursed hammer...

It seems my obsessive nature to get everything in the game helps once again :p

Yes, it does exist on the 360, at least. I have its banner, too.

It's the banner I'm after too, I think it's the last banner I need as well. Is there a list of console-available banners anywhere?

It's not a list of only banners, but it does have them in it:

http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...e-there-on-the-vita-or-not.39634/#post-930808

It's a ginormous list of all the items in the console version (and the ones that aren't). You can copy the list and ctrl+F for "banner." It's a bit of extra work, but that's the only up-to-date list I know.
That's a great list, thanks. It turns out there's 13 I need to get. Also, you can ctrl+f in google chrome, so no need to copy.

What I did it explore the Underground Corruption with Battle potion, water candle, and beetle armor and just wait for the shadow hammer to spawn

What I did it explore the Underground Corruption with Battle potion, water candle, and beetle armor and just wait for the shadow hammer to spawn
I've built an underground farm for each biome anyway, so I'm just waiting in that. It's taking ages though, and my inventory is filling up with too much mimic loot & cursed flame.

Shadow Hammer is a very rare enemy, the best thing to do is to ask someone to give you that banner or keep a water candle with battle potion. It can also drop hardmode bars, and Silver Chandeliers and stacked Mana bands. I spent 14 hours in the underground corruption to get the banner.

I got one as well yesterday. I had the same problem as you have with inventory filling up with unwanted stuff. So I cut the connection between the teleporters in the spawn chamber and the destination teleporter in the kill chamber. That way no enemies except Hammers could reach me. After leaving the farm running overnight I finally got one Shadow Hammer banner.

I got one as well yesterday. I had the same problem as you have with inventory filling up with unwanted stuff. So I cut the connection between the teleporters in the spawn chamber and the destination teleporter in the kill chamber. That way no enemies except Hammers could reach me. After leaving the farm running overnight I finally got one Shadow Hammer banner.
But didn't that just end up with loads of creepers, that then block spawns?

Yeah, Creepers are a problem. And also spawns of Hammers in general is slowed down as it takes a while before the other enemies despawn. To deal with Creepers I put in a couple of Spiky Ball Traps, one above the teleporter array and one in the hellevator shaft (most Creepers are there). They are enough to kill the Creepers, though it takes some time.
msf_selectorW.jpg

I also left a farm running while I went out and came back to find a worm banner, which I didn't even know existed...which got me wondering; is there a complete list of console-available banners anywhere?

In the thread that @Generalq posted a link to, Leinfors posted a list with only banners. The worm banner is included, so maybe that list is complete?

I just went through the item list wiki all the way to 1.2.4.1 (with the word "banner" highlighted), and apparently I'm missing the following:

1. Goblin peon
  2. Goblin scout
  3. Nymph
  4. Pirate deckhand
  5. Shadow mummy
  6. Dark Mummy

Hmm, I think 1, 2, and 4 are actually 1.3 banners. Never seen them on console.

I have:
5. Shadow Mummy

I don't have:
3. Nymph
6. Dark Mummy

Back
Top Bottom