Weapons & Equip Anyone else wish the Slime Staff was upgradable?

Nemo

Terrarian
Kind of like the Phaseblades/sabars.

After all I went through much trouble to get it - well, mostly searching the internet, figuring out how mechanisms work, how to create a statue farm and ... waiting.

People generally prefer threads with more details, what would be the upgrade? What's to make it not just a damage buffed version of it? You know, that kind of thing.

Personally I think a pink slime staff might be a good item. The slimes bouncing off as opposed to causing the piercing weapon invincibility timer. That way you can use a secondary weapon much easier.

People generally prefer threads with more details, what would be the upgrade? What's to make it not just a damage buffed version of it? You know, that kind of thing.

Personally I think a pink slime staff might be a good item. The slimes bouncing off as opposed to causing the piercing weapon invincibility timer. That way you can use a secondary weapon much easier.

Just a damage upgrade so it's actually usable in hard mode - relatively easy work for the developers since no new graphics or scripting is required.

Come to think of it, most of the summons are quite different in mechanics (e.g. the imp doesn't work underwater ...), it would be nice to have a universal upgrade system for Summoning weapons so we can pick what suits us most. But I'm probably getting ahead of myself.

Come to think of it, most of the summons are quite different in mechanics (e.g. the imp doesn't work underwater ...), it would be nice to have a universal upgrade system for Summoning weapons so we can pick what suits us most. But I'm probably getting ahead of myself.
Fundamentally... no, most summoning weapons really are not that different. Aside from minor differences in side effects (i.e fire/poison/other dps) and damage, almost every summoning weapon falls into one of two categories- shoot projectiles or run at mobs.

Anyway- I really do not see why the Slime staff needs an upgrade. Balance-wise there are already viable HM summoner weapons with a similar AI to the SS (off the top of my head- spider, pirate and pygmy).

Last edited:
My idea of upgrading the staff is somehow making it unique.
Maybe upgrade it with 100 Gel and a Dye Color and Herb?
Some would give it an offensive upgrade, defensive upgrade or support/utility upgrade?
Only ones I can think of are Red Slime upgrade using Fireblossom and having the chance of inflicting On Fire! and Yellow Slime using Blinkroot and being able to act as a light.

Fundamentally... no, most summoning weapons really are not that different. Aside from minor differences in side effects (i.e fire/poison/other dps) and damage, almost every summoning weapon falls into one of two categories- shoot projectiles or run at mobs.

Anyway- I really do not see why the Slime staff needs an upgrade. Balance-wise there are already viable HM summoner weapons with a similar AI to the SS (off the top of my head- spider, pirate and pygmy).

There are other differences.

For instance, the Twins can't go through walls to save their lives (nor mine -_-). This makes them bad bodyguards in caverns and dungeons since they keep getting stuck. However it makes them excellent boss killers when you are fighting boss via walling them off - precisely because they suck at going through walls; so they always hang around wherever you summon them.

Flying and non-flying also makes a difference. The Spiders (and to some extend Pygmies) are worthless vs flying mobs (especially on a Sky Bridge made of platforms), they keep falling off and having to fly back up - and are limited to jumping/spears to hit targets.

Some minions also miss very often while some don't.

the slime is cute. I like this idea

Cosmetics is also why I would like them upgradable.

My idea of upgrading the staff is somehow making it unique.
Maybe upgrade it with 100 Gel and a Dye Color and Herb?
Some would give it an offensive upgrade, defensive upgrade or support/utility upgrade?
Only ones I can think of are Red Slime upgrade using Fireblossom and having the chance of inflicting On Fire! and Yellow Slime using Blinkroot and being able to act as a light.
Why use a red slime when you could use a lava slime???

Light Blue Dye + Shiverthorn = Ice sclime
Lava Slime = Slime Staff + Fireblossom + Red Dye
Ice Slime = Slime Staff + Shiverthorn + Light Blue Dye
Water Slime = Slime Staff + Shiverthorn + Blue Dye
Earth Slime = Slime Staff + Blinkroot + Brown Dye
Light Slime = Slime Staff + Daybloom + Yellow Dye
Corrupted/Bloody Slime = Slime Staff + Deathweed + Purple Dye/Red? Dye
Pinky = Slime Staff + Pink Gel + Pink Dye
Rainbow Slime = Slime Staff + Rainbow Blocks + Rainbow Dye
And that is all I got.

Back
Top Bottom