PC Anyone have help for getting the Nymph banner?

Omninano

Terrarian
Hey, I'm trying to get the Nymph Banner, but I have no idea what the best way to go about obtaining it is. My world is still in pre-hardmode (although I can make any world to any specification if I need to) and all I have right now is a monster farm that I created to try and get the Cyan Beetle Banner.
2D29C376C8BC878093EC07FD2FB003AC406752C3

upload_2017-6-21_20-2-43.png

I have killed a total of four Nymphs in my world so far. Can anyone tell me what the best and fastest way for going about getting this banner is? Thanks!

Post edit: I just now noticed the Lost Girl showing up in my screenshot.... I never even noticed that, I was to busy taking the picture >.< I can't believe it...

Add 80 blocks of mud near you so that all of them has at least one side of the block exposed to air, and plant jungle grass seeds on them, to make an artificial jungle biome, which will increase spawn rate. Add a dart trap with any timer on the level of spawn surface(s) to transform lost girl into nymph, so she'll walk towards you instead of despawning offscreen.
Describe your farm dimensions and where you're standing in it. I don't see lava on the minimap, so I'm guessing you should remove the middle spawn surface, and let all mobs spawn at the bottom.
Wiki has pretty good page on npc spawning, reading that and watching some videos on afk farms could help.
Personally, I'd wait till I have access to teleporters and then create a new pre hardmode world to setup a farm where I teleport most mobs into killbox near me as soon as they spawn instead of waiting for them to walk.

P.S. And for your question almost two years ago, about removing modifiers from items, there's currently a bug that you can use to do that, see here if you still need it.

Why will creating an artificial jungle increase spawn rate? I just read the wiki article on it and can't find any mention of mob spawn increases.
I don't have lava in my current mob spawn area right now because if the lava kills the monsters then I don't get the kill count for it (and thus doesn't get me any closer to getting the banner).
The dimensions of the farm I'm standing in is 168x94 tiles.
I like the teleporters idea, yeah, but I have all the kills racked up on this world already that I don't want to start over so I'll probably stick to other methods.

Why will creating an artificial jungle increase spawn rate? I just read the wiki article on it and can't find any mention of mob spawn increases.
I don't have lava in my current mob spawn area right now because if the lava kills the monsters then I don't get the kill count for it (and thus doesn't get me any closer to getting the banner).
The dimensions of the farm I'm standing in is 168x94 tiles.
I like the teleporters idea, yeah, but I have all the kills racked up on this world already that I don't want to start over so I'll probably stick to other methods.
NPC spawning Jungle biome spawn rates are significantly higher than forest, comparable to dungeon.

Back
Top Bottom