Anyone remember Super Mario Bros. X? (OUTDATED)

Have you played SMBX? If so, what version?

• Yes, 1.3.0.1. (the original one by Redigit)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Yes, 1.4.4. (the fanmade one by 38A)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, 2.0. (the other fanmade one made by Horikawa Otane)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Yes, all of them. (I'm a curious person, okay?)

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No, I haven't yet.

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

TehWildcard

Skeletron Prime
SMBX, anyone? You know, that one game created by Andrew "Redigit" Spinks himself?

I seriously LOVE SMBX. I'm making an episode right now. It's such a great game if you don't want to make ROM hacks and code in new features, and if you want to play cool fan-made in-game games called "episodes". I just kick back, load up SMBX, and make some fun levels.

Some say SMBX 2.0 (an unoffical project by fans of the game) is the best version, but I personally like 1.4.

Reply with experiences you've had with this amazing fan-game.

Hi there!

I want to clarify some:
- the "1.3.0.1" is not a real version, it's the unofficial (i.e. made NOT by Redigit) cosmetic update of resources made over the "1.3" version. So, the real version is 1.3, the "1.3.0.1" is a side-update of resources over 1.3. So, you better rename the field into just "1.3", because "1.3.0.1" is not a real version.
- the "1.4" the same, is not a version, it's "SMBX-38A", the majorly different clone of SMBX made from scratch, it shouldn't be called "SMBX 1.4" at all.
- the "2.0" is the big hacking mod over the original Redigit's build of the 1.3 games, so, it's a hack rather than a real version.
- since March 2020 the cross-platform and enhanced port of the game exists and is called as TheXTech that was made by porting of entire VB6 code into C++. The game works natively on Linux (x86/x86_64/ARM/PowerPC), macOS include the brand new Apple M1 processor, should work on BSD operating systems and has the Android port. Also, one folk made the port for the 3DS that works on a hacked consoles, there is an alpha-version of this port that has posted.

So, my conclusion that there is no one unofficial game that will be a real sort of "version", there are branches of the game that goes in different ways.

Hi there!

I want to clarify some:
- the "1.3.0.1" is not a real version, it's the unofficial (i.e. made NOT by Redigit) cosmetic update of resources made over the "1.3" version. So, the real version is 1.3, the "1.3.0.1" is a side-update of resources over 1.3. So, you better rename the field into just "1.3", because "1.3.0.1" is not a real version.
- the "1.4" the same, is not a version, it's "SMBX-38A", the majorly different clone of SMBX made from scratch, it shouldn't be called "SMBX 1.4" at all.
- the "2.0" is the big hacking mod over the original Redigit's build of the 1.3 games, so, it's a hack rather than a real version.
- since March 2020 the cross-platform and enhanced port of the game exists and is called as TheXTech that was made by porting of entire VB6 code into C++. The game works natively on Linux (x86/x86_64/ARM/PowerPC), macOS include the brand new Apple M1 processor, should work on BSD operating systems and has the Android port. Also, one folk made the port for the 3DS that works on a hacked consoles, there is an alpha-version of this port that has posted.

So, my conclusion that there is no one unofficial game that will be a real sort of "version", there are branches of the game that goes in different ways.
unfortunately, since this thread is so old, i can't change the voting options. i actually forgot i made this thread, lmfao. but hey, thanks for the cool info!

unfortunately, since this thread is so old, i can't change the voting options. i actually forgot i made this thread, lmfao.
Heh, I see, sad... However, would you rename or close this topic and make another one with all the up-to-date info?

but hey, thanks for the cool info!
Thanks! :3

EDIT: the "2.0" is now officially called "X2".

EDIT2: About the branches of SMBX I wrote an article that explains everything that intended to explain the difference: Branches of Super Mario Bros. X - PGE Wiki

Heh, I see, sad... However, would you rename or close this topic and make another one with all the up-to-date info?
yeah, i'll probably just close it. im glad i was reminded of this tho, as i've been wanting to return to making smbx levels.

Back
Top Bottom