• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

tModLoader Apacchii's Classes mod

Apacchii

Skeletron Prime
Yeah, after looking at stats in game and seeing cooldowns of stuff I can safely say some of them (not all, just a few of them) are just a bit to high for their own good. Even with the option of the CD accessories. Now, mind you, I also have Fargo's installed. So I already have to choose what enchant/essence/soul/whatever to swap out just for the class accessory(ies) as is. Having to also try and squeeze in the CD Amulet, even though it is a nice damage up for the ability(ies), is a bit hard to do when choosing from... Say "you gain the effects of 2+ accessories along with these bonuses".

So far, though, I have been using the Summoner one with the Calamity Statigel set (summoner helm) and it has been pretty rad. I like things that allow for more damage of a specific type, because honestly there aren't a lot of options that are "omg this is to good *NOT* to have". The summoner class giving summon slots, damage, hp, and defense is amazingly nice (albeit I can also admit a bit begrudgingly that it's a bit overpowered for a summoner... I like that though XD) though I have to kinda question why it also gives mp. Summoners don't typically have to use much mp other than to initially summon the swarm. There are a few items that are magick drainers that go off summon damage, but I have yet to find/remember them in my current run with my buddy. Mainly been running Summons with Guns, may switch it around a bit later.

That's my generalized, initial view of this mod thus far. A few of the cooldowns could be dropped by a fraction or so (my opinion), and maybe add in some combo options. It gets increasingly harder to choose between accessories the further into the game you get, and I can already safely say I have thought of a silly "immortal" combo with a few of the class accessories... It's just hard to choose what to keep equipped...

On that note, I do have a question: have you ever thought of adding a multiclass combo option? Maybe drop some stats, but allow for multiple classes on one accessory? I will admit I ask because I tend to like running an everything build if I can get away with it. I can deal with some dropped stats here and there, especially if you get some perks that are specific to that class. (A good example is Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning. You could go down the Str (Warrior), Dex (Rogue), or Int (Wizard) base trees, or kinda combine them in various ways that dropped stats but added individual perks therein. Also allowing for the omni class, which was kinda weaker in stats but made up for it in perks. And, as is, I can already see a few entertaining combos with your classes already in place :) Things like "Plague Mage" for a super glass cannon setup with absurd mana and magick damage capability, but they die if they get sneezed at XD.

(I apologize for this wall of text... Just had lots of inspiration thanks to how awesome this mod is ^^;;)
Well, i honestly doubt i will ever make class-merging, but i've thought of sub-classes a long time ago. I still dont know if i should make those or not, cause i would have to re-do a lot of the mod.

The idea was:
From the moment you entered Hardmode, instead of leveling up to level 5 you would be given you the option to pick 1 out of 2 sub-classes (for each class), basically 2 paths.
[i.e:. Tank would choose between a path that gave him some more damage, but granting him just a bit of tankiness, or a path that would make him tankier, but with little to no damage increase]

This path would still level up normally to Ultimate level, but the stats of each path would be different.

That's probably the closest thing you'll get to class merging, if i ever actually do it.

About the cooldowns, i actually agree, i'll look into it and reduce some ability coooldowns that might be higher than they should be, i wont be reducing them by a lot though.

If limited accessory slots are a problem to you, you can download MoreAccessories+ ,i always use that mod i think it's great, after defeating plantera you get 1 additional Accessory Slot (kind of like Wall Of Flesh but you need to farm the item drop from Plantera's Treasure Bag)

And the wall of text is ok, i actually need feedback

Angel 4

Terrarian
Already use a few accessory+ mods, especially MoreAcessories+. Just got a new one that adds in a dedicated Wing Slot that was put on the browser yesterday(?) and it's allowed me to keep my current summon setup via Fargo's and other items while not having to worry about my wings. I am not entirely sure of the actual intricacies of the coding that goes into this stuff, but if you were to set up a similar thing for the dedicated class mod slot, it would also pretty clearing show the "you can only wear 1 class at a time". So far both my friends playing with me have been a bit sad to find out that only 1 class at a time is a law ^^;

It's one of the reasons I brought up possible class merging or multiclassing. A subclass system would also be kinda interesting, but subclasses are typically meant to take one aspect of the main class and focus entirely on it. I.E. the tank would drop the melee ups for more defense/life/regen. Or drop the defense for more crit/damage. As is, I would love to play with a few of these at the same time just to see what silly combos I could make. But I can also understand how that would require a bit of a rework of the mod to allow for it.

Alternatively, with how my brain works and thinking of multiclassing, I was already imagining up combo abilities if it were ever a thing. Because, right now, one friend is running Mage and doesn't use his ability 2 because he thinks it only gives him mana regen. He has an item from luiafk (I think) that drops his magick damage but grants infinite mana. There's other things similar from other mods, and even just the mana flower from vanilla. So he more often than not never actually uses his Mage Ability 2 even though (iirc) it does damage as well as regen mana based on damage dealt. So having something like a Plague Mage or w/e and having the ability 2 apply the venom or toxin or variable debuff along with damage and regen would be interesting.

I have to many ideas thanks to how many classes you have in your mod, and have really been enjoying my Summoner class. Thanks again, and looking forward to any updates :)

WishfulThinking

Terrarian
Hey @Apacchii I have a few mods that add starting items to your hotbar, it has reached that stage where that amount is so much that it fills the hotbar completely and excess items just vanish, in this case the Class Picker vanishes and I am left classless until WoF is there a workaround for this? The item does not go into my inventory if hotbar is full

Apacchii

Skeletron Prime
Hey @Apacchii I have a few mods that add starting items to your hotbar, it has reached that stage where that amount is so much that it fills the hotbar completely and excess items just vanish, in this case the Class Picker vanishes and I am left classless until WoF is there a workaround for this? The item does not go into my inventory if hotbar is full
Well, you could use Hero's Mod/Cheat Sheet to grab a class picker

Angel 4

Terrarian
I ended up having to use Cheat Sheet, but I also didn't make a new character for this... This makes me think of all the mods that also add things to the Merchant shop and Dryad shop that cause their inventory to be so full it removes things due to space limit... Which I was worried about on the Merchant selling the class level ups. Thankfully, they are around the middle of the page. But still. Are there any plans to maybe make a dedicated NPC to avoid the possibility of folks not being able to get the class level ups? Or maybe even just a UI option somewhere?

*(The UI option came from using a Lan's mod like the Unlimited Buffs that requires you to unlock each buff via having x amount of the item required then it changes the lock to an active/deactive button. I am unsure how this works, as I suck at coding, but it would be interesting to use like a trophy from a boss, or some drop from a boss, or if possible just require the boss be killed and then pay the amount. IDK, it's just another idea that came to mind)*

Apacchii

Skeletron Prime
I ended up having to use Cheat Sheet, but I also didn't make a new character for this... This makes me think of all the mods that also add things to the Merchant shop and Dryad shop that cause their inventory to be so full it removes things due to space limit... Which I was worried about on the Merchant selling the class level ups. Thankfully, they are around the middle of the page. But still. Are there any plans to maybe make a dedicated NPC to avoid the possibility of folks not being able to get the class level ups? Or maybe even just a UI option somewhere?

*(The UI option came from using a Lan's mod like the Unlimited Buffs that requires you to unlock each buff via having x amount of the item required then it changes the lock to an active/deactive button. I am unsure how this works, as I suck at coding, but it would be interesting to use like a trophy from a boss, or some drop from a boss, or if possible just require the boss be killed and then pay the amount. IDK, it's just another idea that came to mind)*
When the mod first came out you had to gather especific materials to level up your class, such as boss drops or items available after said boss. but that increased the time i needed to make classes cause i had to think of what to use and if it was available only after a certain boss so you couldnt level up before you should, and sometimes i had to use weird recipes that made no sense, such as a mage using beetle husks to lvl up.

Thats why i ended up doing it like it is.

Also there are mods that give Merchants more than one page, and i think most ppl that play with a lot of mods use them because you miss out on a lot of content if you dont

And sadly, i doubt i'll ever make an NPC just for the tokens cause i suck at spriting

Mornaur

Terrarian
I apologize if you've already been notified, the last level of the Summoner Class goes from +5 minion slots to +4 compared to the previous level.

Also I was wondering seeing that you wrote that you were not good with sprites, would you mind if I tried to create you an NPC? If you are interested please send me some ideas of how you wanted it.

Angel 4

Terrarian
Well that seems lucky :p
Also, do you have any mod names I can either look up on here or the in game mod browser for the merchant tabs? I kinda suck at looking for stuff on forums since when I search things it gets me other pages that don't even relate just because a word I had in my search was used...

Hopefully, if you 2 get together on this, there will be less need for extra merchant tabs. But regardless, either way I am still enjoying the mod. And I look forward to future prospects :)
(also, hot damn I didn't notice that minion slot issue @[email protected] as a summoner, I hope that gets fixed soon!~)

Apacchii

Skeletron Prime
Well that seems lucky :p
Also, do you have any mod names I can either look up on here or the in game mod browser for the merchant tabs? I kinda suck at looking for stuff on forums since when I search things it gets me other pages that don't even relate just because a word I had in my search was used...

Hopefully, if you 2 get together on this, there will be less need for extra merchant tabs. But regardless, either way I am still enjoying the mod. And I look forward to future prospects :)
(also, hot damn I didn't notice that minion slot issue @[email protected] as a summoner, I hope that gets fixed soon!~)
The one i use: tModLoader - Shop Expander

Speeder

Terrarian
The paladin has no active skill? I selected my class reading active skills, and later when I went to read the passive saw Paladin listed, while he wasn't in the active skill list at all...

Also, what the "/damage display" command is actually showing to me??? For example the line current damage is **** out of *********** means what? if I reach the big number something happens?

Last edited:

Apacchii

Skeletron Prime
The paladin has no active skill? I selected my class reading active skills, and later when I went to read the passive saw Paladin listed, while he wasn't in the active skill list at all...

Also, what the "/damage display" command is actually showing to me??? For example the line current damage is **** out of *********** means what? if I reach the big number something happens?
The paladin's 1st ability makes his passive heal for more and more rapidly, the 2nd ability gives him immunity for a while followede by dmg reduction for a bit.
I dont know why i dont have his abilities listed yet...

The damage x/y thing is: when you reach 'y' dmg, you get some more ability damage, y scales exponentially and x resets every time you reach a milestone.

Speeder

Terrarian
The paladin's 1st ability makes his passive heal for more and more rapidly, the 2nd ability gives him immunity for a while followede by dmg reduction for a bit.
I dont know why i dont have his abilities listed yet...

The damage x/y thing is: when you reach 'y' dmg, you get some more ability damage, y scales exponentially and x resets every time you reach a milestone.
Er... WHAT is ability damage? I thought it was the 2% bonus my knight gets for being a knight... And I didn't see it listed anywhere obvious in your thread.

Apacchii

Skeletron Prime
Er... WHAT is ability damage? I thought it was the 2% bonus my knight gets for being a knight... And I didn't see it listed anywhere obvious in your thread.
Ability Damage increases the damage your abilities do. Knight doesnt have a damage ability (yet, i plan on reworking his 1st) so i guess its kinda useless for that class

Angel 4

Terrarian
Suggestion then: could the Ability Damage be applied to the heal affect or armor affect of the tanky classes? Or would that *technically* be a bit to unbalanced to suddenly be getting like 5179235 (yes I just face rolled the number pad) hp and/or armor for however long?

(Also, side note, thank you so much for the mod recommendation. It fixed certain mods duplicating certain items in shops and has made it so we can actually access the full shop. So much better!)

Angel 4

Terrarian
So, using Lan's Unlimited Buffs and testing things out... Some of your buff potions seem to not be tied to the correct buff?
Screen shot for the example:
1574465777534.png

Apacchii

Skeletron Prime
So, using Lan's Unlimited Buffs and testing things out... Some of your buff potions seem to not be tied to the correct buff?
Screen shot for the example:
View attachment 230338
Typo, only some of the Buff Tooltips and Names were wrong, it still gave the intended buff but i really appreciate it that you noticed and actually reported it.

Fixed and coming in the next update (the update might take a while tho, it's kinda time consuming having to make an alternate class for each class from lvl5+ `:sigh:)

Apacchii

Skeletron Prime
Suggestion then: could the Ability Damage be applied to the heal affect or armor affect of the tanky classes? Or would that *technically* be a bit to unbalanced to suddenly be getting like 5179235 (yes I just face rolled the number pad) hp and/or armor for however long?

(Also, side note, thank you so much for the mod recommendation. It fixed certain mods duplicating certain items in shops and has made it so we can actually access the full shop. So much better!)
The values wouldnt (probably) be as high as that one but basically you're right, healing/tanking would be QUITE strong

Speeder

Terrarian
My impression or ranger class doesn't get ability damage bonus either?

Seemly one ability give fixed boost, that is always the same.

The other give always 8% of enemy max hp of damage, so no bonus either.

Apacchii

Skeletron Prime
My impression or ranger class doesn't get ability damage bonus either?

Seemly one ability give fixed boost, that is always the same.

The other give always 8% of enemy max hp of damage, so no bonus either.
It actually deals more damage than just 8% of the target's health, i just didnt write it cause i forgot. It's also already changed for the next update i'm trying to get rid of all the %HP damage

Top Bottom