tModLoader Apacchii's Classes mod

i'm never a fan of that Percent damage and for obvious reasons people can take advantage of it say in multiplayer people decided to go all ranger
and use that 8% health to their advantage to a boss....(8 x Number of players) .....yea bad idea!
I am now just imagining that logic in my server... Apparently Fargo's Mutant has some 3 billion hp or w/e. That'd be a lot of damage ;)

Though I have noticed that (with mods like Calamity) some bosses actually have damage gates. Currently, my damage output on things like training dummies with my Summoner build get me close to 80k DPS. On the bosses like Ravager (Calamity boss) and Moon Lord I am getting around 9 - 13k. So I am unsure how % damage is technically used in these cases.

Typo, only some of the Buff Tooltips and Names were wrong, it still gave the intended buff but i really appreciate it that you noticed and actually reported it.

Fixed and coming in the next update (the update might take a while tho, it's kinda time consuming having to make an alternate class for each class from lvl5+ `:sigh:)
(sorry for the multiple posts back to back from me)
I think it could be causing some type of issue with the other mod. We keep having to re-unlock the Mega Archery Buff (so 30 of the potions), Mega Regeneration Buff, and Summon Damage Buff (which is bugged to, for some reason, give the Mega Archery Buff). Currently unsure what could be causing it other than the typo on your end... So I am really hoping that update will fix it. Again, sorry for the multiple posts, but I wanted to further clarify the bug and issues involved in it. Just in case only part of the issue gets noticed and fixed.

Scratch what i said about the NPC, there's a high chance of it actually happening.

And i'm sorry but a friend asked me long ago if he could sprite an NPC for me, but i didn't even know how to make an NPC so i said no, but now he's probably making it. (Sorry @Mornaur)

I am now just imagining that logic in my server... Apparently Fargo's Mutant has some 3 billion hp or w/e. That'd be a lot of damage ;)

Though I have noticed that (with mods like Calamity) some bosses actually have damage gates. Currently, my damage output on things like training dummies with my Summoner build get me close to 80k DPS. On the bosses like Ravager (Calamity boss) and Moon Lord I am getting around 9 - 13k. So I am unsure how % damage is technically used in these cases.

say for example a boss has 30,000,000 HP and a single arrow did 8% of Boss Max Health...that single shot would do 2,400,000 Damage now say that the special attack shot 3 arrows ( 2,400,000 x 3 = 7,200,000 ).....now say you had friends who played the same class who used the same attack and all those shot connect say 3 more people

7,200,000 x 3 = 21,600,000 DAMAGE! ......see why i want no percent damage?

VERY exploitable

say for example a boss has 30,000,000 HP and a single arrow did 8% of Boss Max Health...that single shot would do 2,400,000 Damage for every percent now say that the special attack shot 3 arrows ( 2,400,000 x 3 = 7,200,000 )
Found out why certain things make me do much less DPS. It's the damage gating system from vanilla and other mods. Typically bosses get some minor invuln time between attacks and you can't hit over x amount of damage per hit. Things like the Fetid Baghnakhs are a good example of "you attack 10 times per second, but it's relatively low damage, and only about 5 - 7 attacks actually hit". There's other things here and there, so I am curious how the damage gating works towards this mod... Do you have any live tests to see if anything just absolutely gets chunked?

Found out why certain things make me do much less DPS. It's the damage gating system from vanilla and other mods. Typically bosses get some minor invuln time between attacks and you can't hit over x amount of damage per hit. Things like the Fetid Baghnakhs are a good example of "you attack 10 times per second, but it's relatively low damage, and only about 5 - 7 attacks actually hit". There's other things here and there, so I am curious how the damage gating works towards this mod... Do you have any live tests to see if anything just absolutely gets chunked?

im gonna take a wild guess and say it involved piercing. since you do less DPS when it involved rapidly damaging enemies especially when its designed to hit multiple enemies at once

im gonna take a wild guess and say it involved piercing. since you do less DPS when it involved rapidly damaging enemies especially when its designed to hit multiple enemies at once
Well, with my example of the Fetid Baghnakhs, there is no actual pierce due to how tiny the hit box is for them. This is very different for other weapons, mind you, and also completely different for skills added via a mod. I personally play a Summoner, so my things don't do % of the target hp. It just boosts my damage or summons a homing bullet firing crystal above my head for a short time. So if you do a test with whatever does % damage, using it on some boss with whatever weapon etc, you can confirm how that works in general. As is, if you should be doing (as the example from before) "7,200,000 x 3 = 21,600,000 DAMAGE!" and there is no damage gating... then there might need to be a minor tweak to make it less "OP". (personally I don't have any issue with OP lol)

(mind you, this image is with God Mode enabled just because it's a super difficult fight... and even if I focus 100% on the fight I will most likely die very quickly. But this is the Mutant. It's from Fargo's mods, and it's a near unbeatable fight unless you literally do everything in Terraria >_>) (and yes, all those particle effects on screen are his damage box, and the eyes are the edge of the arena forming an invisible circle around us that moves with HIM.)

Just saying, if there's stuff that do % of max hp without damage gating.... I won't lie, I kinda need it for this type of fight XD
1574671258049.png

When touching water you can use them to instantly fish something, however it will only catch normal fish, no crates, quest fish or special loot

i want to give you a heads up that the "AcheivementLib" is no longer being developed on and has moved to "Webmilo's commons Library"

Scratch what i said about the NPC, there's a high chance of it actually happening.

And i'm sorry but a friend asked me long ago if he could sprite an NPC for me, but i didn't even know how to make an NPC so i said no, but now he's probably making it. (Sorry @Mornaur)

Thank you for your kindness, you absolutely must not apologize. Your patience and desire to develop this mod is truly admirable, however if you wanted to change the graphics of the various classes I am always available to get to work for you.

I have a question for you (I apologize if what I ask is perhaps obvious) the shaman is a hybrid between summoner and wizard, the only problem I am finding is that if I use other weapons having minions evoked their damage is always reduced to 1 I don't know if it's terraria that has a rule about it or it's another mod that changes the damage to balance the summoners. Would it be possible for you to get around this even partially if you have the shaman class equipped?

I also broke your Bonus Damage thing doing my tests on the Mutant...
The Bonus % is currently %17461. And the requirement to upgrade it is what is currently broken. It is for some reason stuck at the imaginary number (which is a negative number) and whenever I do any damage at all it levels it up...
Now I have to make sure I don't have a class equipped or else it floods my screen with the pop up, and lags my game XD
Is there any way to fix that, even resetting?

I also broke your Bonus Damage thing doing my tests on the Mutant...
The Bonus % is currently %17461. And the requirement to upgrade it is what is currently broken. It is for some reason stuck at the imaginary number (which is a negative number) and whenever I do any damage at all it levels it up...
Now I have to make sure I don't have a class equipped or else it floods my screen with the pop up, and lags my game XD
Is there any way to fix that, even resetting?

Oh... well it wasnt made with bosses that have that much HP in mind. Im going to fix it now

The next update will take a while to finish up though.

I'll DM you how to fix this, since i dont want other ppl to know the command exists.

Oh... well it wasnt made with bosses that have that much HP in mind. Im going to fix it now

The next update will take a while to finish up though.

I'll DM you how to fix this, since i dont want other ppl to know the command exists.

Can I help with your mod?

I liked it and would change a lot of stuff in it sometimes... yet I can't start my own classes mod or fork yours, I am too busy with other coding work (of the sort that pay bills). But I would love to help in some way.

I can't do art though... But I do have a game design degree. (Yes, an actual degree as silly and expensive it sounds)

Wish I could volunteer to assist, but I kinda suck at coding other than rewriting code... And I am unsure how this games coding even does lol
Thanks for the reset command, now my game doesn't lag when I find a slime! XD
As for not being prepared for bosses with that much hp, etc... Fargo's mods have kinda gone insane... Like, Calamity is typically the "really big hard mod". Fargo's is literally just insanity. So try not to auto adjust to that... Though I am curious how Fargo's has the coding checks set up to see if Calamity, Thorium, and/or SacredTools(Shadows of Abaddon) are active... That could possibly help in future way down the road. Unsure though, honestly.

I'm an idea guy ^^;; When it comes to actually helping do the ideas I would probably have to be shown how haha

Can I help with your mod?

I liked it and would change a lot of stuff in it sometimes... yet I can't start my own classes mod or fork yours, I am too busy with other coding work (of the sort that pay bills). But I would love to help in some way.

I can't do art though... But I do have a game design degree. (Yes, an actual degree as silly and expensive it sounds)

Sorry but no, i like to develop this mod by my own with input from other people and make whatever i want to and i want to keep it that way

i have a little suguestion for the "thief" class ...it needs a bit of a small nerf i think 50% chance not to consume ammo is a bit much for early game and maybe 25% would be a better number cause once it stacks it can get really OP with armors that reduce chances of a weapon thrown..
and the gold passive cooldown needs to be longer or overall nerfed cause im getting alot of gold too early which i feel is a bit cheaty especially when hitting in a crowd of enemies

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom