tModLoader Apacchii's Classes mod

🤔 Not sure how to go about suggesting a View attachment 270258Lamia-inspired class item.
I'm thinking primarily a boost to melee damage, with a chance of a DoT effect like Plague has (because 🐍snake bitesView attachment 270257), but with much lower base potency, and possibly a bit of slowdown (neurotoxin). It could build in strength if the effect is re-applied (maybe refreshing it, or not).

Ability 1: maybe shooting a thin but fast venom projectile towards our cursor position? I'm thinking a yellow-green color, since green is common for poison, but snake venom images show a yellow hue.
Ability 2: I'm not sure. It could be a speed buff, or a boost to perception. Some sites mention that snakes have infrared or heat vision. That could also just be a higher-rank passive bonus though too, and maybe it's only active underground and/or at night. Alternatively, Ability 2 could improve the potency of the class's DoT(s). Utility would be nicer though, since the class would already have a chance of a DoT and a projectile primary ability that may or may not have its own, or just be guaranteed application of the chance effect.

I thought this up because while Plague is great, it's specifically a magic damage-boosting class. That and I'm on a poison kick lately. Being able to attack from far away as magic often does is always nice, but this idea could work for someone who wants envenomed melee weaponry, and scratching at enemies with claw is fun too. Some images of lamiae show them with claws, as well, even if all Terraria's version can do is run into people for contact damage.
View attachment 270259

Calling the class "Lamia" might be a little odd though, but probably no more than "Bonfire" or "Regen", and it's like the class name is saying the user has the powers of a lamia. That and there's the Werewolf class, so no biggie. That one's cool, too.

I'm gonna be honest, this might actually happen, i really like the idea.

I've been playing with a sort of "acid pool" projectile lately for something else, but i guess i could change it to fit this.

The only thing i need is a good name and some sort of quirk to make it different from the other classes.

Last edited:
Well since you've got classes with names like "Bonfire", "Werewolf", "Regen", etc., if you don't want to call it "Lamia", maybe it could just be called "Venom" or "Toxin", though now that I think about it in my head, it's making me think of Marvel symbiotes. 🤔

"Poison" would get straight to the point, like "Regen". "Venomancer" sounds nice too, but it'd make more sense for the Plague, though that one's name is fine of course.

Might just call it Lamia and give a free Lamia Set when you first craft it idk

1589128938362.png

🤔

(I suck at 2D art, sry)

Cheers guys. :)
Using my very first Post on this forum to join this thread - I've started Terraria just a few weeks ago together with my wife.
Earlier on we played Starbound, but I never tought Terraria would be such a blast, especially if you add mods on top.

So I modded my game on the very first playthrough with Thorium + Calamity + Thoriamity + RecipeBrowser + your classmod.
Because I love the challenge, we both took Expert + Revengeance as difficulty. Your classmod was added after Slimeking.

With this difficulty your classes feel very smooth. My wife took the Fighter while I chose the Summoner.
We had a blast after we crushed the first time the Eye of Cthulhu. No laughs please!

Just one question: is there ingame some place to read the added skills with the classes? My wife and I are complete different persons at that point.
She wants to get guided at something - like, you take the Pick-A-Class and get somehow explained what your skills are behind every class.
I am a Wikipedia-Guy. I love to read things and buildplans and make my own "Goal of the day"-Plan after reading something interesting.

So I picked my class in terms of your frontpage-spoiler. Would it be actually possible to add in - dont know - some kind of Placeholder-Item or smth like that for every class with an added text to explain the skills? Like a book? Or did I miss something very important from the beginning? ^^"

Cheers guys. :)
Using my very first Post on this forum to join this thread - I've started Terraria just a few weeks ago together with my wife.
Earlier on we played Starbound, but I never tought Terraria would be such a blast, especially if you add mods on top.

So I modded my game on the very first playthrough with Thorium + Calamity + Thoriamity + RecipeBrowser + your classmod.
Because I love the challenge, we both took Expert + Revengeance as difficulty. Your classmod was added after Slimeking.

With this difficulty your classes feel very smooth. My wife took the Fighter while I chose the Summoner.
We had a blast after we crushed the first time the Eye of Cthulhu. No laughs please!

Just one question: is there ingame some place to read the added skills with the classes? My wife and I are complete different persons at that point.
She wants to get guided at something - like, you take the Pick-A-Class and get somehow explained what your skills are behind every class.
I am a Wikipedia-Guy. I love to read things and buildplans and make my own "Goal of the day"-Plan after reading something interesting.

So I picked my class in terms of your frontpage-spoiler. Would it be actually possible to add in - dont know - some kind of Placeholder-Item or smth like that for every class with an added text to explain the skills? Like a book? Or did I miss something very important from the beginning? ^^"

Glad you're both enjoying Terraria `:happy:

Im actually working on a menu for that for the next update, it might take a while tho since i just recently started (only 2 classes are 100% done at the moment).

It will allow you to see the 2 abilities of each class even if you dont have them + their damage, cooldown, healing etc in real time.

Have fun!

[Still a WIP]
1589209558891.png

Glad you're both enjoying Terraria `:happy:

Im actually working on a menu for that for the next update, it might take a while tho since i just recently started (only 2 classes are 100% done at the moment).

It will allow you to see the 2 abilities of each class even if you dont have them + their damage, cooldown, healing etc in real time.

Have fun!

[Still a WIP]
View attachment 270524

Wow, how awesome! This looks indeed very promising. Keep up the good work and thank you for your reply! :)

i have 2 questions
the mastery points have a limit or i can just put them to fill the whole tree?

the plague class dot apply to enemy invulnerability frames( like when you have a minion hitting to fast)? i feel like most of my normal hits are missing the enemy because of that

i have 2 questions
the mastery points have a limit or i can just put them to fill the whole tree?

the plague class dot apply to enemy invulnerability frames( like when you have a minion hitting to fast)? i feel like most of my normal hits are missing the enemy because of that

There are enough Mastery Points to fill the whole tree, and you'll still have some to spare.

And the DoT doesn't affect the enemy's invulnerability frames because it behaves like vanilla DoTs do. It might be something else.

Tank class primary ability doesnt work it applies 4 dmg and thats it no healing. I killed myself many times to see if it works again it doesnt. Any fix to this bug please?

I am not playing with Anti Buff since I dont have Alchemist mod. Heres my mod list- Calamity, FargoSouls and Mutant mod, Cheat Sheet, Potion Seller, imkSushis mod, Reduced Grinding, Expeditions, Recipe Browser, Elements Awoken and Magic Storage. Max hp 420. Now using Paladin class that works fine.

i been testing fighter and it seems

Ability 2: Your 'Overly Excited Old Friend' comes in your aid ,dealing 20/50 damage (pre-hardmode/hardmode)

the minion dont seem to do anything. it just flies around.

I'm using the Healer class token and ability 1 seems to just visually heal my party only right before reverting them to original health as if I didn't heal them at all. Is there anyway to fix this?

I'm using the Healer class token and ability 1 seems to just visually heal my party only right before reverting them to original health as if I didn't heal them at all. Is there anyway to fix this?

Sadly this is something i've been trying to fix since the Healer class got released, i've tried asking for help on the tModLoader Discord Server and such but no one ever responds.

Basically it happens cause a line of code that is supposed to sync all the player's health doesnt actually work properly, so it only works constantly if you have really low ping and absolutely no packet loss and also constant 60 fps.

Until i actually get some help on how to fix this healing classes (only the ones that heal other players) wont work 100% of the time, they will heal the player using the class but sometimes it wont heal other players, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom