Map-Puzzle Aperture Science Cooperative Portal Testing Initiative

DrDotMadness

Steampunker
Yes the name of my map is a joke but how can you have a professional map without a long name for it? :D

Note: Coop only, if you do not have a friend who you can play with, the community is full of people who can play with you.

Information about the map

"A map set in an altranate Portal universe where Cave Johnson is still alive."

Anyway. I'm Dr.Madness, I do not usually create maps, but i decided to make a 5 chapter Portal Coop map.
It took me 2 weeks to make the first chapter and i'm planning to make 4 more per map update. (Technacly this map is Work in Progress, but the first Chapter is complete)
Each chapter will have 10 chambers, you will see some chamber will be similar to the original game's chambers (I was out of ideas, but i tried to spice it up as much as I could)
You will see a big place with signs that say which chapter it's leading to, that place is called the hub, it is not canon to the mini-story i made. It's more like a menu if you want to call it that.

How To Install And Play

1. Download the map.
2. "My Documents>My Games>Terraria>World" Drop the wld file there.
3. Launch Terraria then Host n Play.
4. Get a friend to join you.
5. Enjoy the map.

035864b84b.jpg

cf1399ee59.jpg

8ad1526f0f.jpg

Download
Click Me

On Hold (cuz i'm very lazy >.<)
5b543e90e6.gif

Rules
Well all of pretty much know what the rules are, but who don't

1. Use a newly created Character.
2. Destroy your starter items (Even the carrot Mr.IHaveCollectorsEdition).
3. Do not destroy any blocks.
4. Placing Portals on the huge red buttons is cheating.

Last edited:
I you mean the striped areas, I believe those are actually a bunch of slanted blocks. That's what makes them non-portalable.
thought so, I've seen many maps that do that and was confused when I never saw more than one kind of striped block in inventory editors

thought so, I've seen many maps that do that and was confused when I never saw more than one kind of striped block in inventory editors
Currently there are no non-portable block items that i am aware of. I found only 2 ways to make the non-portable surface, which are to hammer the block or add an actuated block next to where you don't want portals to be placed on.

Currently there are no non-portable block items that i am aware of. I found only 2 ways to make the non-portable surface, which are to hammer the block or add an actuated block next to where you don't want portals to be placed on.
Your method of doing it looks really cool! Although I think the block choice could have been better (I myself am making one where you go into the old destroyed lab)

Your method of doing it looks really cool! Although I think the block choice could have been better (I myself am making one where you go into the old destroyed lab)
I didn't want to make the non-portable surfrace very dark, because then i would have to darken the wall of the whole chamber and that wastes more time than it should for me.

I didn't want to make the non-portable surfrace very dark, because then i would have to darken the wall of the whole chamber and that wastes more time than it should for me.
I mean for the blocks in general... nvm I need to get back to my map

plasmaton and I just played this. It was a little glitchy in places. Probably nothing to do with the map, just usual multiplayer problems. But it made some of the puzzles really hard. We ended up cheating once. But all in all it was alot of fun. Thanks for creating this, I look forward to additional chapters.

By the way, you might want to do something about monsters spawning in the chapter-choosing area. That's really brutal when you don't have any weapons.

plasmaton and I just played this. It was a little glitchy in places. Probably nothing to do with the map, just usual multiplayer problems. But it made some of the puzzles really hard. We ended up cheating once. But all in all it was alot of fun. Thanks for creating this, I look forward to additional chapters.

By the way, you might want to do something about monsters spawning in the chapter-choosing area. That's really brutal when you don't have any weapons.
The map update will include 2 binoculars and 2 slime staffs and some dialog mistakes corrected.
I'm glad you enjoyed my map :D

Decided to take a little break till July 4th, because i've been having fun on Tower Unite with my friends alot.

EDIT: 4 Chapter 2 chambers are done tho

Last edited:
I loved this map, it's incredibly well designed and built. Only problem is Terraria doesn't have emancipation grids, so I accidantally went back to a previous chamber, died and got stuck lol

Back
Top Bottom