NPCs & Enemies Apocalyps event

How do you like the idea so far?

• I like it! I would want to see it implemented in the game.

• Its a good idea, and I will consider watching the thread for more.

• Its ok. it could use some working on though.

• I don't like the idea / there are already too many events in the game.

• I am a mod creator/ developer and might want too use some of these ideas in the game.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Orion_Bright

Retinazer
first of all, the thread that somewhat helped inspire this thread is here https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/suggestions-and-hi.57355/ now lets get onto the Event.

REQUIREMENTS
hardmode must be activated and at least one meteorite needs have crashed. 'nuf said. It is intended to be activated around the same time you fight your first mechanical boss, or just a little before

SUMMONING ITEM
the way you summon the event is with an item called the doomsday device ----->
HH94YHR.png

it is crafted with:
25 wire
Wire.png

1 switch
Switch.png

either 5 lead or iron bars
Iron_Bar.png

and finally, 6 meteorite bars
Meteorite_Bar.png

the event can also occur if the requirements are met, like most other events, so you know what that means? YIPPIE! as soon as we get into hardmode there could be an apocalypse!!

Enemy's
all events need enemies, well, except the party event that is! the main purpose of the event is to encase all types of apocalypses into one. so, there will be enemies based on meteorites, enemies who are zombies (lots of zombies) and enemy's based on protesters, protesting things, causing a commotion which in turn ends the world? why not! there is so much more as well...
i know its redundant. its supposed to be funny jeez.

Meteorites
first off, the main enemy in the meteorite category will be the good old annoying meteorite heads!
Meteor_Head.png
yes, you heard me right. your getting swarmed tonight. i know they can be one shoted but they are there to distract you

next will be the meteorite chunks.
bXXPSXC.png
they act similar to the meteorite heads except they can charge at you once and a while. they spawn less frequently than the heads though.
stats
Damage: 90 in normal 120 in expert
Health: 60 in normal 80 in expert
Defense: 7 in normal 8 in expert
when it hits you it has a 33% chance to give you the debuf "on fire!" for 7 seconds and 14 in expert
in expert it will charge more frequently.

The main problem of this event are these guys ------->
JXEB3DX.png
they are called meteorite clusters and will spawn every 20 seconds. if there are already 3 no more will spawn. the reason you will hate them is because when a cluster is near there will be a 30% increase in the spawn of meteorite themed enemies. they will spit fire at you similar to an ichor spitter.
stats
Damage: 30 in normal 60 in expert
Health: 50 in normal 70 in expert
Defense: 3 in normal 5 in expert
when it hits you it has a 33% chance to give you the debuf "on fire!" for 7 seconds and 14 in expert

after that are the interstellar troopers. its basically a space invader but in terraria
p2GQeEa.png

stats
Damage: 80 in normal and 130 in expert
Health: 70 in normal and 90 in expert
Defense: 3 in normal and 5 in expert
they are rather quick and could swarm you if not taken care of, but easily are. when it hits you it has a 33% chance to give you the debuf "on fire!" for 7 seconds and 14 in expert

Zombies

HZpIzcJ.png
"the mindless" are the stranded zombies in this event. They are your stereotypical zombies from a comic book, so they want your brains!!
stats
Damage: 100 in normal and 130 in expert
Health: 125 in normal and 145 in expert
Defense: 20 in normal 22 in expert
they are as move as quickly as an npc and will try to get your npc's. lock the doors because they can break through them.

hVHobPv.png
due to tissue loss, the skippy cannot run as fast as they would in their human form. BUT, they still run fast, vary fast.
stats
Damage: 85 in normal and 95 in expert
Health: 110 in normal and 120 in expert
Defense: 14 in normal and 17 in expert
he has no arms but still wares his #73 jogging shirt. they can go as fast as a vampire

0hlpjL8.png
Clump casters have the caster A.I. thus the name caster. they spawn a 3x2 wall of Clumps of flesh
1RAi1PY.png
that act as a shield while the casters shoot 3 small lasers at you before teleporting and repeating the process
Clump casters stats
Damage: 50 in normal and 63 in expert (per laser)
Health: 85 in normal and 97 in expert
Defense: 9 in normal 13 in expert
kill it before it lays eggs! well, before it spawns more clumps

Clump of flesh stats
Damage: 50 in normal and 55 in expert (per clump)
Health: 40 in normal and 52 in expert
Defense: 10 in normal and 13 in expert
since they spawn in a 3x2 clump to act like a wall and each clump can attack WHILE it they move toward to it can be quit a problem for melee players. especially since it can fly and moves fast.

Viruses
qMh9UtW.png
paraktites hail from the dank depths of terraria where only bacteria can survive. those places have little food, so they want YOU, to be their next meal. Paraktites jump around like derplings and when they see you they will latch onto your head and deal damage until, well, you die of course!
stats
Latch Damage: 20 in normal and 35 in expert (per second of being latched onto you)
Jumping Damage: 60 in normal and 74 in expert
Health: 78 in normal and 90 in expert
Defense: 19 in normal and 21 in expert

now this thread will get tuns of updating. Drops will be added eventually, but for now its just enemies. Be sure to leave a comment or select a poll option or just watch the thread for much more updating. toodles!

Last edited:
the apocalypse event is an event that would be triggered after the Eater of worlds or brain of Cthulhu have been beaten and hardmode has been triggered. whats more is that if you used the bloody spine or worm food to summon the two bosses the event will not trigger, it must have shadow orbs or crimson hearts smashed. the reason for this is that part of the event has too do with meteorites in the crafting recipe for the summoning item.
quick recap: at least 3 orbs or hearts MUST be smashed even if you already have meteorite from another world. beat BoC or EoW and then the Wall of flesh and only then can you summon the event with the item. seems like a lot right? its really not, because most players will have met all those requirements if they are legitimately playing the game.

These are some strange requirements. Presumably the player will have beaten the BoC/EoW long before they entered hardmode. And I'm still not sure... what... the requirements are. That the player must have smashed some shadow orbs/hearts? Why bother gating it behind boss kill requirements and whatnot? It doesn't make any sense.
5 wire
Wire.png

1 switch
Switch.png

either 5 lead or iron bars
Iron_Bar.png

and finally, 5 meteorite bars
Meteorite_Bar.png
Recipe should be 25 wire, 1 switch, 10 lead/iron and 20 meteor bars. Event summoners are always expensive.

they act similar to the heads except they get a small charge once and a while.
What does this mean?

Anyways, there's not much else I can judge right now. The grammar is pretty bad and could use a spellcheck.

These are some strange requirements. Presumably the player will have beaten the BoC/EoW long before they entered hardmode. And I'm still not sure... what... the requirements are. That the player must have smashed some shadow orbs/hearts? Why bother gating it behind boss kill requirements and whatnot? It doesn't make any sense.

Recipe should be 25 wire, 1 switch, 10 lead/iron and 20 meteor bars. Event summoners are always expensive.

What does this mean?

Anyways, there's not much else I can judge right now. The grammar is pretty bad and could use a spellcheck.

1. that's the point. most players will have beaten them if they are playing legit. the whole point of gating them is because the Boc and EoW are considered extremely sinister "leaders" of the corresponding evil. shadow orbs and crimson hearts have to do with meteorites, and meteorites themed things are used in the event. i suppose that they are rather strange so i will consider editing them

2. i think that's expensive enough, considering it can be triggered as soon as you enter hardmode and as an early hardmode player you would be grinding it. i will change the wire amount though.

3. it means that they (the meteorite chunks) are basically meteorite heads except they can charge at you once in a while, what do you think it means?

my grammars bad? in what way? could you list some examples?

You managed to spell enemies 3 different ways in one paragraph, and all of them are incorrect.

Most hardmode weapons can one shot meteor heads.

These requirements are... strange. Everyone (I hope) will have defeated the Eow/Boc before HM, so why not just make hardmode the requirement? And that thing about smashing orbs instead of summoning the boss doesn't make a lot of sense. Using worm food/bloody spine isn't cheating, so smashing orbs or heats isn't the only way to "legitimately" play the game.

What.

Why not? Because that makes no sense. Since when did protesting cause the end of the world? I really don't see any possible enemies in this category, other than a guy with a sign and maybe a police officer. Also, "Protesters, protesting things" is redundant. Add that to the list of grammar mistakes.
1. sorry about that, i feel pretty stupid now. i was tired and wanted to post some before the internet possibly went out. i will fix
2. they are supposed to distract you from other enemies like splinterlings in the pumpkin moon.
3. alright, i will change the requirements
4. already addressed that, please read the 2 other comments its not like this page is blowing up anytime soon...
5. its supposed to be a half good loot event half funny memey event. i know it will never get into the game but i like making these threads for fun. also i know its redundant, thanks.

Hmm....This is interesting...
How about a boss?

Like this.

Omega Meteor Head
Spawned only if these requirements are met.
-Reach Hard MODE.
-Mine all meteorite in the world.
-Requires 30 by 30 blocks of free space to spawn.
It will naturally spawn after two to three minutes of real world time.
Its message will be:
"Here comes the big one!"
First Phase:
HP: 40000
Speed: 150 blocks per minute
Attacks:
-Spawn Meteor-Style enemies.
-Fires meteorite at you, dealing 30-110 damage
-Touching it will dealing 30-50 damage to the player.
-Beams from above strikes down to the ground, dealing 100-130 damage with a radius of 5 by 5 blocks.
Second Phase (Final)
HP: 5000
1000 (Fire Wall.)
Speed: 190 blocks per minute
Attacks:
-Launchs high speed fiery blades at player with the least health, dealing 140-180 damage
-Shoots fireballs at player, dealing 50-90 damage.
-Meteorites fall down at you, bigger and faster. Deals 100 damage tips.
-Creates a fire wall around it to defend itself.

I am too lazy to think of the drops, so you guys create some.
This will be a boss battle possibly harder than Planetera, so you may need friends to help you fight.

Hmm....This is interesting...
How about a boss?

Like this.

Omega Meteor Head
Spawned only if these requirements are met.
-Reach Hard MODE.
-Mine all meteorite in the world.
-Requires 30 by 30 blocks of free space to spawn.
It will naturally spawn after two to three minutes of real world time.
Its message will be:
"Here comes the big one!"
First Phase:
HP: 40000
Speed: 150 blocks per minute
Attacks:
-Spawn Meteor-Style enemies.
-Fires meteorite at you, dealing 30-110 damage
-Touching it will dealing 30-50 damage to the player.
-Beams from above strikes down to the ground, dealing 100-130 damage with a radius of 5 by 5 blocks.
Second Phase (Final)
HP: 5000
1000 (Fire Wall.)
Speed: 190 blocks per minute
Attacks:
-Launchs high speed fiery blades at player with the least health, dealing 140-180 damage
-Shoots fireballs at player, dealing 50-90 damage.
-Meteorites fall down at you, bigger and faster. Deals 100 damage tips.
-Creates a fire wall around it to defend itself.

I am too lazy to think of the drops, so you guys create some.
This will be a boss battle possibly harder than Planetera, so you may need friends to help you fight.

well, the event will eventually get a boss and this would be a start. only thing is this event is intended for early hardmode (like the pirate invasion) if there is going to be a boss it will be nowhere near as strong as plantera. it would maybe have 4 attacks tops. thanks though! i will consider some of the ideas ;)

due to this thread going nowhere it seems i will not be giving it much more. i will work on shorter, better threads. sorry for not putting in a miniboss for those who messaged me and left a comment. g'day

When you said "apocalypse" I didn't exactly know what to expect. You inspired me, and I think I'll type a suggestion for this, too. I'll tweak it a bit, though.

Back
Top Bottom