Items Aquatic summoning weapon: the Piranha Staff

Intended to be sort of a pal to my Goblin Staff thread, this little weapon is an interesting twist on a summoning weapon. Although it can operate pretty well on land and in the air, it reaches its full potential when you're in water. Interesting little twist that doesn't hurt it too much, I think.

Piranha_Staff.png
Piranha Staff
  • 6-8 summoning damage
  • Weak knockback
  • Average attack speed
Crafted with:
Piranha_Tooth.png
Piranha Tooth x8 (Piranha Teeth drop off Piranhas with a 33% chance)

The piranhas can jump around on land and will fly with their fins in the air. But when you hop into water, they get a 1.5x movement speed boost and will make enemies bleed (see this thread) on hit!

Feedback, anyone?

I loved the spiders due to the fact that they performed better with a back wall, so more minions who excel under specific conditions is an idea I approve of. Though, at the tier you have them at, they wouldn't be too good as you have quite a limited underwater time that early.

Edit: Though, I suppose there aren't too many reasons to be underwater for great lengths of time at any point in the game :p I hope that changes.

I don't think Summoners should have a whole Summoner set early on, but a single Summoner armor piece, or maybe an accessory, would be a good addition. If there are any non-Summoning uses for it, though, those would be good as well.

I don't think Summoners should have a whole Summoner set early on, but a single Summoner armor piece, or maybe an accessory, would be a good addition. If there are any non-Summoning uses for it, though, those would be good as well.
I would love to cover my head with a Piranha! Though, like you said, a full set available that early would be a little much. Aside from mages the only class specific armors are gated to EoW/BoC, the dungeon, and the jungle/Queen Bee.

Also, how would they react to other liquids? Would they swim fine in honey/lava?

There could be an upgrade to it called the greater piranha staff with increased stats and then gets it's boost in lava and honey.

Back
Top Bottom