Map-Other Arcania RPG Map

Hi everyone!

I've created a role-playing map, Arcania, in which you choose your race and faction before setting out to change the world!

The latest version can be downloaded from the Nexus, at: Arcania RPG Map

First off, take note that you'll need to have installed the Thorium and Chad's Furniture-and-More mods in order to run this map!

Make sure you copy the .wld and .twld files to your modded "Worlds" folder (e.g: Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Worlds) and let me know if there are any missing textures, items, bugs etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Wondering if this map is for you? Well:

1. Do you enjoy RPG games?
  2. Have you ever wanted to role-play as (for example) an undead pyromancer, but been frustrated by not having the appropriate vanity items or accessories at the outset of your Terraria play-through?
  3. Do you want to try a play style that you haven't experienced before?

If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, I recommend you give this map a try!

There are several races and factions to choose from. I've used accessories and vanity items in order to give each race its owns perks and attributes.

There are 7 races to choose from, including Human, Wood Elf, Undead, Merfolk, Trollkin, Celestial and Werewolf.

Once a race has been selected, the player must choose a faction. In the current version of the map, there are 9 factions/professions to choose from. These are the Hydromancer, Gunslinger, Blademaster, Technologist, Witch Hunter, Paladin, Warlock, Pyromancer and Sentinel. It's the ideal map to try in multiplayer mode!

Although there are some incomplete structures, the existing factions and their bases have been fully implemented. There are also quests and rewards, complete with lore and narration.

If there is sufficient interest in the project, I will continue to refine the world of Arcania and release more factions. The Plague Druid is going to be completed next, and is a mage/summoner hybrid that focuses on poison damage.

Please give the map a try and let me know if you think the project is worth pursuing. Do you enjoy this sort of map? Would you like to see it updated? Do you think I've made things too easy or too difficult?

Constructive criticism is always appreciated!

Final note - This is an Expert map, but the items given to you at the outset should mitigate some of the difficulty.

I look forward to hearing about your experiences!
Blood Knight Temple (WIP).png

Dryad Garden.png
Cathedral of the Burning Hammer.png
Pyromancer Tower.png
Hydromancer Tower.png
Sentinel Keep.png

Last edited:
Just wanted to post some feedback here because I feel like this map is really cool, and I enjoy any Terraria map that adds in RPG elements. I'm not sure why no one else has commented yet, but I figured I might as well do so.
So at the moment I just wanted to address two things:
  1. This is a relatively minor thing, but some of the furniture is bugged and does not show up. I noticed this particularly in the Witch Hunter starting location. I'm not sure why this is, as both mods are as up to date as possible, but it's something that should probably be fixed in the future. Again, not a major problem.
  2. At the moment, progression seems a little "unclear". Yes, each class has barriers that need a certain pickaxe power to be able to mine, but how the player is to get this pickaxe is what's so unclear to me. Is it supposed to be found somewhere in the world? Is the player supposed to fight a boss that drops materials needed to craft it? I've explored about 90% or so of the surface and I haven't found much. The caves and loot found in them seem largely untouched, and I was very unsure of what was fair game for use so I haven't ventured into them very much.
Overall I think this is a really interesting map. The designs for buildings are high quality for sure, and the classes and races feel unique to one another. There's room for improvement but it's very obvious that a lot of effort was put into making this map and I think it shows. In my personal opinion I think it's worth it to keep at this project. What you have so far is a fun, captivating experience and I sincerely hope that you continue working on it.

I use the creative mode/ Hero'smod for recipe browser and the next pickaxe you are supposed to get after the beginner's chest is the Deathbringer Pickaxe [Deathbringer Pickaxe]
or the Nightmare Pickaxe [Nightmare Pickaxe]
In order to get them, you have to use the corresponing bars/ingots and either Tissue Samples (NOT Blood Samples) and Shadow Scales (NOT True Shadow Scales)

I have been playing theis map for 2 weeks and only realised that I have to kill the Eater of Worlds or Brain of Cthulu first, to get the Shadow Scales or Tissue Samples and then craft the pick to get further. After that its just fining cobalt etc to make a better one. Hope this helps. If you need anymore help, message me on Steam [Steam Community :: JakieTankkilla]

GL and Cheers for the great map

Just wanted to post some feedback here because I feel like this map is really cool, and I enjoy any Terraria map that adds in RPG elements. I'm not sure why no one else has commented yet, but I figured I might as well do so.
So at the moment I just wanted to address two things:
  1. This is a relatively minor thing, but some of the furniture is bugged and does not show up. I noticed this particularly in the Witch Hunter starting location. I'm not sure why this is, as both mods are as up to date as possible, but it's something that should probably be fixed in the future. Again, not a major problem.
  2. At the moment, progression seems a little "unclear". Yes, each class has barriers that need a certain pickaxe power to be able to mine, but how the player is to get this pickaxe is what's so unclear to me. Is it supposed to be found somewhere in the world? Is the player supposed to fight a boss that drops materials needed to craft it? I've explored about 90% or so of the surface and I haven't found much. The caves and loot found in them seem largely untouched, and I was very unsure of what was fair game for use so I haven't ventured into them very much.
Overall I think this is a really interesting map. The designs for buildings are high quality for sure, and the classes and races feel unique to one another. There's room for improvement but it's very obvious that a lot of effort was put into making this map and I think it shows. In my personal opinion I think it's worth it to keep at this project. What you have so far is a fun, captivating experience and I sincerely hope that you continue working on it.
Hi and thanks for your feedback, I sincerely appreciate it! :)

I'm not sure what's going on with the furniture, but I'll see what I can do. Nothing seemed bugged on my end, but it could be that we are using different versions of the mods.

As for the pickaxes, my intention was to tie map progression to a player's natural progression in vanilla terraria. So you would craft your pickaxes after defeating the bosses and obtaining the necessary materials (like you normally would).

So feel free to dig, fight and craft like you normally would! :D

I use the creative mode/ Hero'smod for recipe browser and the next pickaxe you are supposed to get after the beginner's chest is the Deathbringer Pickaxe [Deathbringer Pickaxe]
or the Nightmare Pickaxe [Nightmare Pickaxe]
In order to get them, you have to use the corresponing bars/ingots and either Tissue Samples (NOT Blood Samples) and Shadow Scales (NOT True Shadow Scales)

I have been playing theis map for 2 weeks and only realised that I have to kill the Eater of Worlds or Brain of Cthulu first, to get the Shadow Scales or Tissue Samples and then craft the pick to get further. After that its just fining cobalt etc to make a better one. Hope this helps. If you need anymore help, message me on Steam [Steam Community :: JakieTankkilla]

GL and Cheers for the great map
Hi and thanks for playing my map! :)

Your explanation is spot on. I'll try to make the progression steps more clear in the starting area of the map.

Hope you've enjoyed your experience so far!

Hi and thanks for playing my map! :)

Your explanation is spot on. I'll try to make the progression steps more clear in the starting area of the map.

Hope you've enjoyed your experience so far!
No problem. Any update on potentially new stuff. Just wondering cause im loving the map and can't wait for the update, but just wondering IF there will be one soon or if youre still working on anything. Cheers anyway. Brilliant map and I llove playing as the Wizard and Swordmaster

Back
Top Bottom