tModLoader Archaea Mod

What should we create more of ?

• Total voters
I posted these spoilers a while ago in the discord, here are some resprites for some of the magno stuff (All of them done by me, of course)
NewMagnoSprites.png

And the old ones
OldMagnoSprites.png

Could possibly make the old stone wall spawn naturally, since other underground biomes have multiple wall types

Last edited:
Hey so if anyone who is interested in this mod knows how to code, we're looking for another programmer to help out with development and cleaning up the current code a bit

And just to make this post not just one asking for a coder, here's a small spoiler for the next update
MysteryArmourSpoiler.gif

Yes, it's just a generic armour, but the gear planned to go along with it has some unique traits

The programming position in question would involve a fair amount of detail management as that is a necessary part to tModLoader modding. Things such as stat management. There would also be taking reference code and updating it. Included in this process is also making new NPC AI and item functions.

If you were interested, but don't consider yourself proficient, I would be available to assist in getting started.

Ahh, I've not used tModLoader before and am not familiar with XNA unfortunately, otherwise I may have offered to help, although I don't think I would be able to put in so much time. This mod is really fun so far, and a great addition. I do have a few suggestions for the next update, however:
1. Boss Checklist support. As something used by many people, it would be an important addition so that people don't get confused.
2. Make Magnoliac Freaks less common. As it stands, they're too common and too powerful, being immune to knockback, able to spawn inside walls and be untouchable while firing through walls rapidly, etc.
3. Probably done already but remove the recipe for the Test Summoner. That thing shouldn't be craftable until it's actually associated with a boss.
That said, White Arrow In Black Cube has decent AI considering the state it's in progress-wise. I'm a little disappointed it didn't drop any secret WIP stuff admittedly, though.
4. Speed up worldgen. Currently the "miner" process that runs in like 32 passes seems kind of overkill and takes twice as long as the entire rest of the world to generate, which is a pain. The crystal generation has also hung up on me a few times, though I don't know the cause.

Also can someone explain the name Magno/Magnoliac? As far as I can tell, that's to do with the term Magnolia which is... a plant. I don't see anything resembling a plant in that biome so it's kinda strange. Also a source of confusion as Beyond the Forgotten Ages has a boss named Magnoliac which is an actual plant.

I loaded up the mod, found a well, went down the well, got the crap scared out of me by a Magnoliac Fanatic... wonderful mod, hope to see what's next!
I'm glad I wasn't playing Hardcore. Early-game I went down there, expecting it to be some kind of structure that led to a chest or something, only for one of them to spawn. Despite hurrying back to the surface as fast as I could, it followed me, and continued to follow no matter how much I tried to run. Due to them having freakishly high health and damage, and being immune to knockback and being able to sit in and attack from inside blocks, I was screwed.

I'm glad I wasn't playing Hardcore. Early-game I went down there, expecting it to be some kind of structure that led to a chest or something, only for one of them to spawn. Despite hurrying back to the surface as fast as I could, it followed me, and continued to follow no matter how much I tried to run. Due to them having freakishly high health and damage, and being immune to knockback and being able to sit in and attack from inside blocks, I was screwed.
I just let myself die seeing as I didnt have any recall potions anyways, it's a great mod but the Fanatic guys are a bit op...

I loaded up the mod, found a well, went down the well, got the crap scared out of me by a Magnoliac Fanatic... wonderful mod, hope to see what's next!
Thank you for being interested about this mod !
[doublepost=1543735915,1543735830][/doublepost]
I just let myself die seeing as I didnt have any recall potions anyways, it's a great mod but the Fanatic guys are a bit op...
I'll let them know about it and let's see if they'll get nerfed...

Ahh, I've not used tModLoader before and am not familiar with XNA unfortunately, otherwise I may have offered to help, although I don't think I would be able to put in so much time. This mod is really fun so far, and a great addition. I do have a few suggestions for the next update, however:
1. Boss Checklist support. As something used by many people, it would be an important addition so that people don't get confused.
2. Make Magnoliac Freaks less common. As it stands, they're too common and too powerful, being immune to knockback, able to spawn inside walls and be untouchable while firing through walls rapidly, etc.
3. Probably done already but remove the recipe for the Test Summoner. That thing shouldn't be craftable until it's actually associated with a boss.
That said, White Arrow In Black Cube has decent AI considering the state it's in progress-wise. I'm a little disappointed it didn't drop any secret WIP stuff admittedly, though.
4. Speed up worldgen. Currently the "miner" process that runs in like 32 passes seems kind of overkill and takes twice as long as the entire rest of the world to generate, which is a pain. The crystal generation has also hung up on me a few times, though I don't know the cause.

Also can someone explain the name Magno/Magnoliac? As far as I can tell, that's to do with the term Magnolia which is... a plant. I don't see anything resembling a plant in that biome so it's kinda strange. Also a source of confusion as Beyond the Forgotten Ages has a boss named Magnoliac which is an actual plant.
Crystal bug Is known but we don't know how to fix it and the coders aren't very active

1. We are trying our best for boss checklist support ! We are planning about it since 0.1 release but due to some reasons,we decided to put it aside.

2. I will consult the developers about it.

3. I don't think it was removed yet. I will probably tell it about the developers !

4. We are trying to improve the coding for the mod ! But we don't have that much developers to help us (most of us are inactive)

Thank you for the support ! We will do our best !:passionate:
[doublepost=1554443113,1554442643][/doublepost]We will be doing Monthly Suggestion Feedbacks for those who suggest at our discord server !

Our Discord Server : https://discord.gg/TUB7Xyz

We will be doing it end of every month !

Make sure to join so you can see what we think about your suggestions and concerns regarding the mod !

Have a good day,folks ! :)

To clarify/correct some of the things warren said,
1. Boss checklist support is done, we just need to edit the modworld class file
2. They have been nerfed
3. It has been removed
4. World gen has been sped up significantly & no longer freezes at the crystals stage

All this will be in the next version, which is well off from being released though

Hello everyone,for those who aren't aware,Duze,our Owner and only active Coder has left the team yesterday,we still have TerrorPenguin left as an Owner,but since we don't have a coder anymore,the mod may go down in hiatus or much worst,it may die since we aren't really active anymore that much. Sorry for the sad news :(

Since last message from Warren, the life matter resolved and they allowed me to rejoin the team. Occurrence of this was the same month Warren made the post.

Hey guys, I'm loving this mod at the moment, and I'd like to make a suggestion. Would it be possible to make the well to the Magno biome generate underground? When I say underground, I don't mean deep underground, but further near the top. This way it's a little more difficult to find and a little more balanced. Thanks for making this awesome mod!

Sup Mark and folks, about 1 year away from terraria but i'm back. It's nice to see that your mod is alive. I really hope that y'all can get the mod till it finish
and about Intergalatic Chaos mod
Press F

Back
Top Bottom