Items Archimedes Mirror - Improving Ankh Shield

SnailsAttack

Dungeon Spirit
Pocket_Mirror.png
+
Hand_Warmer.png
=
Archimedes_Mirror.png

Behold, the Archimedes Mirror! Named after the alleged death ray constructed by Archimedes, said to be able to set flame to objects from a distance.

Unfortunately, the item I'm suggesting isn't nearly as cool as that.

The archimedes mirror is a tinker between the hand warmer and pocket mirror, combining their effects. It would be required for the ankh shield, which will now give immunity to Stoned and Chilled, and also a rare chance to prevent Frozen.

Unfortunately, neither item is well-designed on its own. Here are my suggestions to fix each.

Pocket_Mirror.png

- Would now be a 1/25 drop instead of 1/100.

Hand_Warmer.png

- No longer drops from presents, instead drops rarely from eskimo zombies and elves.

Thanks for reading this suggestion. BTW, the hand warmer needs a new sprite, and since I suck at glove sprites, ya'll should feel free to try your skills out.​

Last edited:
It would be required for the ankh shield, which will now give immunity to Stoned and Chilled.
And Frozen, I assume? (The Hand Warmers give immunity to Frozen.)

index.php

- No longer drops from presents, instead drops rarely from eskimo zombies.
And Zombie Elves / Elf Archers as well please. (They're common enemies in a Frost Moon event and would make it slightly easier to obtain late-game.)

It would be required for the ankh shield,
And Archimedes Mirror + Ankh Shield = Mirror Shield </shameless_plug> :D

And Frozen, I assume? (The Hand Warmers give immunity to Frozen.)

And Zombie Elves / Elf Archers as well please. (They're common enemies in a Frost Moon event and would make it slightly easier to obtain late-game.)

And Archimedes Mirror + Ankh Shield = Mirror Shield </shameless_plug> :D
I'll add in the first 2 bits, but while a mirror shield would be cool, it shouldn't be made in this way. :/

It just doesn't make sense crafting-recipe wise, but perhaps the mirror shield could drop from medusas as well?

I'll add in the first 2 bits, but while a mirror shield would be cool, it shouldn't be made in this way. :/

It just doesn't make sense crafting-recipe wise, but perhaps the mirror shield could drop from medusas as well?
No need to add the third bit, it's just a reference to my post on another of your threads. :)

Oddly enough the ankh shield already provides immunity to chilled, probably because of the snow biomes water in expert mode. A full immunity to frozen would be really nice, nothings worse than being on a mount and getting frozen, which happens a lot during the frost moon. I love the name though

Personally, i get the feeling the mirror was probably planned on being tinkered with the blindfold, but because of the 1 time use of the mirror it was scrapped.
1 time as in only one mob can inflict the debuff.

Back
Top Bottom