Are matches set/wings worth anything?

Laiser Fish

Duke Fishron
I've been playing Terraria for a while and any time I get end game, I use whatever armor set I need (usually Vortex, I like ranged) and I use the Solar wings, only because they have the best stats imo. I understand some of the others have things like hover ability, but I just prefer the standard wings solar provides. But is there any reason to use the Vortex Booster instead, to match the set? Is there any bonus to be gained from it?

I don't believe there is. At least I haven't noticed any or read of anything like that in the wiki pages.

Once you have a Soaring Insignia all wings become the same (infinite flight with rapid ascent) excluding special abilities. At that point I just chose whichever I fancy for looks, so maybe that's why I haven't noticed a bonus?

There are no bonuses whatsoever. Vortex booster is good if you want to have a reliable horizontal speed for events or bosses. I suggest giving it a try, and if you don’t like it, you could always put it in the vanity and switch back to solar flare wings.

Wings get no boost if combined with it’s respective armor. However, accessories like Rocket Boots and the Frog Leg do. These wing boots are only seen in mods.

Back
Top Bottom