Console Are there plans to allow cross-platform and/or servers like Minecraft?

Grubhead

Terrarian
I feel like Terraria is one of those games that would significantly benefit from allowing servers similar to how Minecraft has Realms. We would love to play together on the Switch, but planning a time to all play together really isn't ideal. We also have it on Xbox, but then we can't play cross platform either.

It seems like a huge oversight to not have made this game cross platform with dedicated servers. Are there plans for this in the future? It could really make this game significantly more enjoyable!

Thanks!

Seems like a good idea, but cross platform games often are extremely buggy, and I believe each platform has a different coding, meaning the devs would have to work hard to basically create a new game that isn’t actually a new game.
maybe it could work in future major update… I guess we’ll see.

I haven't had extremely buggy experiences with Minecraft Bedrock, Minecraft Dungeons, Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare, Rocket League, BFV, Among Us, etc. There are many cross-platform games out there that works great.

This just seems like a game that almost needs a server feature to really enjoy with a group of friends or family. I do hope to see it added.

Back
Top Bottom