Game Mechanics Areas of the game that need attention

Cpreo

Terrarian
With 1.3 coming around, I figured this would be the perfect time to suggest ideas and put my own 2 cents about terraria.So this thread is mainly meant to shine attention to the devs on the areas of the game lacking content, and to give them ideas of what to add content to. For example, instad of adding new jungle items and bosses, why not add to the neglected desert.

Biomes that lack items, proper weapons/bosses:
  • The desert as mentioned above has only one armor, only pre hardmode, and in my opinion is one of the most neglected biomes. Only the sandgun. It is easily corruptable by other biomes so it is often forgotten in hardmode/endgame. It would be great to add some content to it. ZimberZimber has a great post realting with tons of cool ideas that could be added to the desert. http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-better-desert.522/
  • Mushroom- Some people will dissagree with this because of the addition of the mushroom spear, duke fishron, and hammush + new enemies. But I feel the mushroom biome is really cool and leaves plenty of room for cool ideas and armors.[Imagine a spore cloak!?].
  • Underground stone, Full of more potential but is still has quite a bit of enemies. I feel plenty of imagination could be introduced to the relatively bleak caverns.
  • The Sky, besides wyverns, and harpys, what do you really use this area for? Imagine harpy armor with gliding, or tons of other cool things. Maybe expand it beyond floating islands[Sky city?].
  • Suggested by Cotab, and forum post by Matthewfizz2 - http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/featherstorm-a-pre-hm-vampire-knives.2798/ suggests a cool pre hardmode sky magic wapon!
These are all the areas I know are lacking so far, feel free to suggest ideas that I can add to the OP.!:joy:

Last edited:
The Sky definately needs improvement, maybe sky dungeons or villages in the sky where Sunplate Villagers live and you can buy Sunplate stuff. (Sunplate Armor & Tools?)
The Underground in general needs improvement such as more dungeons and maybe mazes made of unbreakable blocks such as maybe titanium or titanstone or something like that. Minibiomes will probably change that though. Who knows?
I was gonna say that the Crimson needs improvement but then I remembered reading "The Crimson will be getting a bit of attention in this update," so nevermind.
The Hallow needs a lot of additions, if the Crimson and Corruption have their own bosses why can't the Hallow have it's own boss?
The Jungle & Underground Jungle...
And a few more things I can't think of because I'm an idiot.

Yeah, that's all I can think of atm.

Bye.

I would be all for a sky city, but I'm also a serious sucker for floating structures in general. Also, a renewable source of Sunplate and Disc Walls would be kickass.

As for underground, the new mini-biomes probably have that covered, and mushroom could do with a few additions. And of course we're already aware of the Desert needing help, zimberzimber actually already has that covered over in the Biomes & Nature section.

Definitely agree with the sky city idea though. Can never have enough floating structures. Also, higher up the cloud density in the background should increase, or even have a layer of clouds in the background beneath you to reinforce the "you're really high up" and give you the idea that you're above the clouds.

How come people complain about the jungle lacking content?
Are you serious?
It has 3 bosses, 6 armor sets, a crap ton of weapons, its own hardmode ore, its own unique accessories, little cabins with these accessories, harmode life extender, a dungeon of its own, and a lot of mobs with different AI!
HOW DOES THIS LACK CONTENT?!

About the desert, check my signature.

And the hallow could use some work as well.

How come people complain about the jungle lacking content?
Are you serious?
It has 3 bosses, 6 armor sets, a crap ton of weapons, its own hardmode ore, its own unique accessories, little cabins with these accessories, harmode life extender, a dungeon of its own, and a lot of mobs with different AI!
HOW DOES THIS LACK CONTENT?!

About the desert, check my signature.

And the hallow could use some work as well.
I didn't say it lacked content, I was suggesting that, if the devs read this post, that instead of more things to the jungle they should look at the biomes listed below.
Thanks!

I didn't say it lacked content, I was suggesting that, if the devs read this post, that instead of more things to the jungle they should look at the biomes listed below.
I believe that was actually directed at Cotab, who implied he though the Jungle needed more content.

What doesn't help is your name is really confusing to type. Did you seriously use random keymashing for your username? :p

EDIT: I are suxxorz at typing.
That was the origin of this name, but it actually started on youtube when I started making videos I wanted a unique name so yeah, I smashed my keyboard and came out with something like ggfsdwwskj, I decided that was too long and hard to say so I changed it to Gfsdkj, and it just kinda stuck.

I'd like to redirect you to some threads.

First off, Mushroom Biome and Meteorite Expansion. By me:
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/mushroom-biome-expansion.2373/
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/meteorite-expansion.933/#post-7338

Next off, Zoomo's expansion for the Lihzahrd. It also modifies Queen Bee's loot and adds a new Mechanical Boss. Would go good with SzGamer's thread I bet:
http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/sprites-zoomos-1-2-idea-thread.117749/page-3#post-2662638

Last off, expansions to the dungeon, by DakotaSpine and Tobbvald:
http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/more-adventurous-dungeon-sprites.136894/
http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...omitron-and-the-dungeon.868/page-3#post-21296

You realise how cramped worlds are already right? Small worlds are just :red:ed up, fact, and even large worlds have their hiccups.

On the surface, there just isn't any room. The desert keeps getting split by different biomes, which is why pyramids are a rare thing as they don't have room to spawn in the first place. To make room for a better desert, sky and so on, ideally there would have to be strict changes to the worldgen for more simplistic generation. And simpler generation will inevitably lead to less variety in landscapes.

Underground could use some work, I agree, but not large-scale things like the Dungeon. What we need are nifty little generation things, much like the Enchanted Sword 'altar' posted as a spoiler and the Spider Nests. That's for both surface and underground too. From what I can remember, the only proper structure that generates on the surface is the Dungeon and Floating Islands. We could have abandoned villages in the evil biomes or mountains (strictly speaking) in the purity that peaks up high in the sky.

The Hallow needs a lot of additions, if the Crimson and Corruption have their own bosses why can't the Hallow have it's own boss?

What? Both the evil biomes have a boss in pre-Hardmode. Hallowed doesn't make an appearance until HardMode. We don't need a boss for ever single damnable biome. Besides, think progression, what would be the purpose of a Hallowed boss?

The Hallowed is pretty much on-par to the Corruption/Crimson anyway. Any extra content given to the evil biomes will likely be given (with something different) to the Hallowed.

Back
Top Bottom