Aristocrat and Friends adventures in Baroque , Neo-Gothic , and Art Deco Architecture

Aristocrat

Terrarian
I thought in honour of the new forum , I'd transfer a lot of my old screenshots I had posted on other Terraria forums onto here and continue on the official one . Hooray !

I'll start off with the Neo-Gothic basilica I built a while ago:

tumblr_mwswycAmLr1qd6oioo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mwswycAmLr1qd6oioo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_mwswycAmLr1qd6oioo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_mwswycAmLr1qd6oioo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_mwswycAmLr1qd6oioo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_mwswycAmLr1qd6oioo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_mwswycAmLr1qd6oioo9_1280.jpg

tumblr_mwswycAmLr1qd6oioo10_1280.jpg

tumblr_mwswycAmLr1qd6oioo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mwswycAmLr1qd6oioo3_1280.jpg

I'll upload the rest of the old screenshots later of the other buildings on that world and I'm looking forward to the new update to start a new building progress !

I've noticed that most Terraria players either build boring rectangles or massive castles like this. There isn't much inbetween.

Oh, also, this is breathtaking.

Thank you ! It's true that there's a kind of dichotomy , but I think it just depends on the temperament of the player since Terraria does cater to both builders and adventurers ; it's a wonderful game in that regard .

That's pretty dayum awesome!

Thank you !

Time to add some more of the old builds to the thread:

the hospital with slime banner curtains:

ofzelUp.jpg

LsOyGHK.jpg

The little opera house:

PMzqrcU.jpg

A baroque building based off of one I had seen pictures of in Latvia I believe it was "

N9QcRZ9.jpg

Bu7pSh3.jpg

Also some daylight shots of the basilica:

RV0TFXh.jpg

dr7Rr6D.jpg

qMMfuzg.jpg

Can you upload your map? It would be amazing to see this huge structure in-game.
These pictures must not do it justice
I second that, would love to see it. Looking forward to seeing more of your builds. I need to add my own to the new forum.

I'll upload the map eventually , but I'm certainly not finished with it yet and I'm rather protective of the little world since it's quite sentimental to my friends and myself , although anyone who would wish to take a tour with us is welcome ! We love showing people around on the map .

Teach me your ways, master. O.O

Stunning.

Thank you so much ! XD

I really like that hospital, especially the grey beds that match the decor!

Thank you ! My friend Eddy did a lot of the painting job and he did a wonderful job with it !

Damn, man, you must be an architect in real life. :dryadgrin:

Ahh no , I'm not XD Plus with my traditionalist tendencies with architectural style , I probably would not be welcome in most architecture schools these days . These days most architectural schools value "form follows function" that I just find ugly .

this is fantastic

Thank you so much !

Now to add a little building I added next to the basilica which was based off of the Trevi fountain in Rome:

xWUrTWN.jpg

Ah3Qvm4.jpg

I inscribed my name in latin since I can't help but be a bit narcissistic about this particular build haha

gRhMCN4.jpg

qVrgqYy.jpg

G470vEg.jpg

I designed it so that if you stand in the middle of the fountain , the water is just regular water

NsRBEVc.jpg

If you stand on the left it's purple water

UBHAzCf.jpg

and on the right is pink water

This really is amazing, good job. I'd love to be as skilled as you.

Ahh thank you very much ! It just takes hours and hours of experimenting and comparing with real life inspirations . The basilica , for example , was partly inspired by the cathedral in Milan .

in the seventh picture. look at the reaper statue, almost under you. RED EYES.

Ahh I never noticed that XD that's cool

Also the steampunkish bridge:

bmoBgQH.jpg

R6iSO4n.jpg

4buxyZx.jpg

P3aDDKF.jpg

mUcGAs1.jpg

My most recent build as of late was the Art Deco tower based off of Dante's Paradiso:

The ground floor

luaIx6y.jpg

Muzi7cc.jpg

The "Moon" level:
i3tll6w.jpg

The Mercury level:
7poccZf.jpg

The Venus and Sun levels:
ykL7iqC.jpg

r9Pa7QU.jpg

The "Mars" level which has Dante's image of the Triumph of the Cross
vgmTFvq.jpg

The Jupiter Level with Dante's image of the Imperial Eagle for the Rulers
7fl4ODw.jpg

The Saturn Level with the Stairway to the Stars motif (you can actually step on each stair landing since they have invisible platforms on them i.e. platforms painted black to camouflage with the black background)
6dBZq6k.jpg

The Sphere of Fixed Stars bedrooms:

OuBi0Qn.jpg

And the top:

gU7hcbZ.jpg

F3AhCxU.jpg

Each of those elevators you see on each level works . You press the right switch to go up and the left switch to go down .

You'll also notice a starry shaft straight through the middle . That's actually a little elevator "bug" that we found out about online . What you do is "halfblock" platforms in a pattern and if you step on this pattern it SHOOTS you up along the platforms . Here's a video of what I'm talking about:

What I did was I painted the platforms black so that they camouflage into the starry background . That way , it looks like you're floating !

These builds always astound me. The way you so eloquently translate real life classical architectural styles into the game is breathtaking. I remember when you were featured on the front page, via the Terraria newsletter that I run, and may I say that I would feature your builds time and time again. They really are a testament to how much you can actually do with building in Terraria. I hope to see more in the future. :)

These builds always astound me. The way you so eloquently translate real life classical architectural styles into the game is breathtaking. I remember when you were featured on the front page, via the Terraria newsletter that I run, and may I say that I would feature your builds time and time again. They really are a testament to how much you can actually do with building in Terraria. I hope to see more in the future. :)

Thank you ! I had no idea that it was featured on a newsletter XD That's an honour . I hope to have a new build soonish and definitely when the new update comes out . I always enjoy trying out the new updates when they release and Eddy and I are already planning our adventures .

Now that the new update is out , I decided to try out creating something with marble in mind so I decided to create a garden complex that was inspired by the Gardens on Isola Bella in Italy . I tried my best to try out "perspective" when making the columns and fiddled around with marble sculpturing which turned out great in some cases and kind of goofy in others haha .

sq9faKT.jpg

OX63kBy.jpg

I tried to make a staircase that looked like it was going off into the next area of the gardens

L4okmek.jpg

ruzV1sj.jpg

cCAWyLm.jpg

The first two floors of the garden complex .

xvMMkGs.jpg

The upper floors with my try at marble sculptures . The horsehead fountain turned out to be a great addition .

RQhFsWK.jpg

The very top . As you can see I incorporated the new pillar mechanics to keep it a consistent afternoon lighting . I have them strategically placed throughout . However , I do have the blue one , too , so that I can switch from beautiful afternoon sun to evening sun:

Kp2kDsw.jpg

I wanted to thank Eddy for some great help with the sculptures and also to Henry for helping me with some of the repetitive tasks involved . Hope you guys enjoy this latest build !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom