Sprites Armor Rehaul, plus Relevant Changes and Additions!

Bry

Steampunker
Armor’s looking to be a hot topic right now, which is perfect timing, since I recently finished working on this, for the most part!

There is a lot of armor imbalance, and today, I’m going to try my best to take care of all of it, while making some additions here and there to really flesh out these changes. As the title suggests, there’ll be more than just armor, which I’ll tangent off into when I get there!

First off,
nwzP6dg.png

Pre-Hardmode
nwzP6dg.png

Wood Armors
Armor TypeHelmetBreastplateLeggingsSet BonusFull StatsInsight on my Decisions
All Wood ArmorsOnly require 10 WoodOnly require 20 WoodOnly require 15 WoodThey actually HAVE Set Bonuses now!
And they're not just more defense, after the first one!
Only require 45 Wood, and have sweet new set bonuses!
Wood armors currently require a LOT of wood for how non-existent their payoff is. Now, I've made the armor itself more worth it to craft while also HALVING the cost in wood.
Wood Armor1 Defense1 Defense1 Defense+5 Defense when in the Forest3 Defense, +5 when in the Forest
Being the first armor you can easily obtain, it makes sense to make it a safety cushion of sorts for before you begin exploring. Once you're done building your base, take the risk and go outside and explore! You can nab yourself one of the better wood armors on the way there!
Boreal Armor1 Defense2 Defense1 Defense+12% Movement Speed4 Defense
+12% Movement Speed
Now that you've made it a bit out there, here's an armor to help you get around a little quicker! It comes with an extra point of permanent defense as a bonus!
Palm Armor
Honestly, who ever made this?
1 Defense2 Defense1 Defense+4% Critical Strike Chance4 Defense
+4% Critical Strike Chance
For such a low defense, it has quite a nice Set Bonus early on. If you manage to get to the Ocean early on, it'll be a nice risk-reward option, but you can also just get this by planting some Acorns in the Desert and waiting a bit. Actually, wait, Palm Trees grow naturally in the Oasis, now, so getting this isn't really that big of a challenge anymore, is it?
Rich Mahogany Armor2 Defense3 Defense2 Defense+2 Damage7 Defense
+2 Damage
The highest risk comes with the highest reward: a sizeable defense AND a static bonus to your damage! This should do much better than most percentage bonuses you can get by this point, and will definitely prepare you for exploring in the Jungle; just make sure you have the weapons for it.
Ebon Armor2 Defense2 Defense2 DefenseAllows falling 8 more blocks without taking damage6 Defense
Allows falling 8 more blocks without taking damage
I heard there were some nasty drops in the Corruption, so now its wood protects against that a little bit! This has a bit of a wider application than just the Corruption, too, so you could potentially hang on to it for mining!
Shade Armor2 Defense2 Defense2 Defense+16% Jump Height6 Defense
+16% Jump Height
The counterpart to the Ebon Armor, the Shade Armor grants a bit of extra jump height to climb over the Crimson's chasm entrances and the Crimson underground! With a, once again, more general application, this armor set could really come in handy when you're mining underground, or even just on the surface!
Cactus Armor
Thrown in here for convenience.
+15% Thorns+35% Thorns+25% ThornsIncreased regeneration when wet
(+1 HP/s when inflicted with Wet,
+2 HP/s when in a body of water;
being in water overrides Wet debuff)
75% Thorns
Increased regeneration when wet
Heeey, now here's a twist: instead of defense, you get to make everything regret touching you! You'll take full damage, which, in turn, lets you DEAL "full" damage back to the attacker; you can then patch yourself back up using some water, if you've got any nearby.

nwzP6dg.png

Progression Armor
Armor TypeHeadChestLegsSet BonusFull StatsInsight on my Decisions
Fossil Armor3 Defense
+4% Ranged Critical Strike Chance
4 Defense
+4% Ranged Damage
4 Defense
+3% Ranged Critical Strike Chance and Damage
Non-critical strikes deal 1.4x knockback (as much as a critical strike)11 Defense
+7% Ranged Crit Chance
+7% Ranged Damage
Non-critical strikes deal 1.4x knockback
The Underground Desert is hard, but it, by no means, needs a lobotomy. The early game has SORELY been lacking in fun challenge, and what we have now for U.D. is perfect. The Fossil Armor instead needs to match the newfound difficulty of the desert to encourage players to seek challenge early on!
Pharaoh Armor
An old set, repurposed!
Pharaoh Mask
4 Defense
+1 Minion Capacity
4 Cloth and 10 Sturdy Fossils.
Pharaoh Robe
2 Defense
+7% Summon Damage
8 Cloth and 20 Sturdy Fossils.
Pharaoh Sandals [New]
2 Defense
+16% Summon Knockback
6 Cloth and 15 Sturdy Fossils.
+7% Summon Damage and Knockback8 Defense
+1 Minion Capacity
+14% Summon Damage
+23% Summon Knockback
Requires 18 Cloth and 45 Sturdy Fossils for the full set.
Summoner REALLY struggles when starting out, and the Pharaoh Costume kind of just exists. It fits Summoner pretty well, so, voilà! To address the Sandals: there wasn't really a problem with having another 2-piece armor set; I just thought it'd spread the stats out better, and also S A N D A L S.
Jungle Armor
Just going through minor changes.
5 Defense
+40 Maximum Mana
+5% Magic Critical Strike Chance
6 Defense
+20 Maximum Mana
5 Defense
+20 Maximum Mana
-16% Mana Usage16 Defense
+80 Maximum Mana
+15% Magic Crit Chance
-16% Mana Usage
All I did was up the critical strike chance bonus on each piece from 4% to 5%, because the Jungle Armor just needed a tiny, tiny boost.
Shadow Armor
A pretty strong example of this game's questionable design.
6 Defense
+8% Movement Speed
+5% Attack Speed
7 Defense
+8% Movement Speed
+5% Attack Speed
6 Defense
+8% Movement Speed
+5% Attack Speed
Oh Hit: Envelops you in a shadowy mist for 7 seconds, which:
  • Increases movement speed by 40%, and...
  • Deals 125% of the damage you took to enemies that touch it.
The mist can only hit once every second and deals no knockback. It has a radius of 2 blocks, so it's fairly risky to play around. However, getting hit again will refresh the mist, whose damage will also increase if the hit you took did more damage than the last one.
19 Defense
+24% Movement Speed
+15% Attack Speed
On Hit: Envelops you in a shadowy mist for 7 seconds, which increases movement speed and damages enemies.
So, not only does the Shadow Armor just boost awful stats, but one of those stats is ALSO for a single damage type, which does not, at ALL, apply to Crimson Armor. As such, I turned the melee speed into a general attack speed bonus, and granted the Shadow Armor a powerful set bonus that only takes effect when hit, like with the Crimson Armor. The catch is that the effect only lasts 7 seconds, and requires some actual risk.
Obsidian Outlaw Armor
The most badass set, with the most wasted potential.
4 Defense
+13% Damage
7 Defense
+25% Knockback
5 Defense
+21% Movement Speed
Grants immunity to Burning
Critical strikes deal 1.2x damage and knockback
(In other words, 250% total damage and 175% total knockback)
16 Defense
+13% Damage
+25% Knockback
+21% Movement Speed
Grants immunity to Burning
Critical strikes deal 1.2x damage and knockback
Yeah, this armor's pretty forgettable, as-is, as it's literally just black-purple Gold Armor without the set bonus. So, now it's a Generalist armor that also grants an immunity to Burning!

I originally wanted to give THIS set an on-hit set bonus, where you'd have a 14% chance to dodge an attack and counter by firing an Obsidian Bullet with an obsidian gun for 300% damage. It was super badass in my mind, but it only worked with my previous idea for the set, which was to turn it into a Ranger set. That idea died the moment 1.4 came around, where the Necro Armor got buffed hard, so I instead came up with and gave the Obsidian Outlaw Armor the simpler set bonus that it has now.
Related Changes
Obsidian can't be blasted anymore, until Hardmode; you've gotta mine it yourself until then.
Obsidian Skull: Now grants immunity to On Fire as well as Burning.​

nwzP6dg.png

Ore Armor
...Well...
I am actually NOT going to go over these myself. I think Storm Diver did it perfectly, so I'm going to be linking you to his Suggestion, instead. I got his approval for this, so don't worry about it.
Revamping Pre-hardmode Ore armour

nwzP6dg.png

"Costume" Armor
Rain Gear2 Defense3 Defense
-​
+60% Movement Speed during rain
Gain up to an extra 10 Defense as rain strengthens; no rain=no bonus.
5-15 Defense, depending on rain intensity
+60% Movement Speed during rain
The set's nice and all that, but it gets outclassed by wood armor. As such, I've increased its defense and given it WILD amounts of utility during the rain.

Storm Diver and I actually had the same idea for this set, in terms of the movement speed set bonus, so if this seems familiar, that's why.
Blue Eskimo Suit
Otherwise known as Popo cosplay.
Blue Eskimo Hood
2 Defense
Reduces cold damage by 9%
Drop chance increased to 4%
Blue Eskimo Coat
2 Defense
Blue Eskimo Pants
2 Defense
Immunity to Frozen6 Defense
Reduces cold damage by 27%
Immunity to Frozen
A random set piece has a 33% chance to be found in Ice Chests as secondary loot.
This set kinda felt like a weird addition when it was converted to armor. The stats were so negligible, and the set pieces were so rare, that it is honestly never worth it to get this suit over Boreal Armor, which would be especially true, now, if I didn't also upgrade the Eskimo Suit. Speaking of said upgrade, this set is now the perfect set for exploring the Underground Tundra, especially as you can find some of the pieces WHILE exploring it now!

Why did these get renamed to "Snow Armor"? It sounds so much more bland.
Mining GearMining Helmet
1 Defense
Produces light

Ultrabright Helmet
Is now made at an Anvil instead of the Tinkerer’s Workshop
3 Defense
Drop chance increased to 5.9%
2 Defense
Drop chance increased to 5.9%
+30% Mining SpeedWith Mining Helmet:
6 Defense
Produces light
+30% Mining Speed
A semi-random set piece has a 12.5% chance to be found in Gold Chests in the Caverns as secondary loot.
Mining Helmet only has a 15% chance of being the piece you find, while the Shirt and Pants each have a 42.5% chance.

With Ultrabright Helmet:
9 Defense
Produces light
Improves vision
+30% Mining Speed
The Mining Gear could be pretty useful if you were ever able to get it, though its defense is pretty abysmal no matter WHAT helmet you use. I’ve boosted the total defense by 3 to make increase its lifespan a bit, made it more common so it’s actually obtainable, and allowed the Ultrabright Helmet to be crafted earlier on so people can actually make the damn thing BEFORE you already have better armor.
Gladiator Armor
Ooga booga.
3 Defense
+7% Melee Damage
Drop chance increased to 4.16%
8 Defense
+4% Melee Critical Strike Chance
4 Defense
+13% Movement Speed
Melee attacks pierce 4 defense and deal 0.25 more knockback for every defense point ignored
Effect grants even more knockback if a Shark Tooth Necklace and Sharpening Station are used
15 Defense
+7% Melee Damage
+4% Melee Critical Strike Chance
+13% Movement Speed
Melee attacks pierce 4 defense and deal more knockback for every point of defense ignored
A random set piece will always be found in Marble Chests as secondary loot.
This set is just as obnoxiously rare and useless as the Eskimo Suit while ALSO being harder to get, due to Hoplites' Javelins dealing a crapton of damage at a DISTANCE. Well, guess what? Now, the Gladiator Armor is a chunky Melee set that grants a damage and knockback bonus against enemies with defense! Since the set will keep increasing knockback against enemies with high defense if you use the Shark Tooth Necklace and Sharpening Station with it, you can get up to an extra 5.25 knockback!
Fishing Armor2 Defense
+5% Fishing Power
4 Defense
+5% Fishing Power
3 Defense
+5% Fishing Power
Reduces enemy spawnrates9 Defense
+15% Fishing Power
Reduces enemy spawnrates
Obviously, this set isn’t made for combat, and dealing with enemies is annoying as hell when you’re trying to fish. Now that’s sliiightly less of a problem.
Related Changes
Undead Miner now drops 2-3 Bombs with an 84.2% chance, instead of 1-3 Bombs with a 91.2% chance.​

nwzP6dg.png

Miscellaneous Armor
Armor TypeNew StatsInsight on my Decisions
ro9o0J0.png

Literally a bucket
Now completely covers the eyes, Obstructing your view while equipped.
Bounces projectiles that hit your head.
Turns your hurtsound into a metal tink.
This thing is already a meme armor; I'm just going the full distance with it.

Okay, yes, I did also want to make a Plants VS Zombies reference. I really like the SFX when you hit Conehead and Buckethead Zombies in the first game, for some reason.
Goggles1 Defense
+4% Critical Strike Chance
Just a little bonus so that they have a use outside of protecting you from half a damage point.
Viking Helmet5 Defense
Deals 30 Classless Damage and 6 Knockback to enemies that touch it.
Damage and knockback increase with your vertical velocity, up to 75 Damage and 10 Knockback.
This is just another reference. This time, it's to Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom.
Ignoring the reference for a moment, the helmet isn't really the best, despite its 4 Defense, just because set bonuses are probably preferable, if not equal. Now, it's a nice piece of utility with the defense to back it up if you wanna actively make use of it, though it's definitely not gonna outdo most set bonuses.
YhtzbF7.png

Diving Helmet

This is an armor piece?
Not anymore, it isn't; it's now an Accessory.
2 Defense
Increases breath time to 90 seconds.
I would have gone the route of turning all of its tinkers into head armors, instead, but I didn't want to copy what J Bame did in his mod, and also he replaced the Ice Skates with the Frozen Turtle Shell and that's basically the only way that the Arctic Diving Gear WILL work as a head armor.
Related Changes
shNLyQj.png

Diving Gear
UxOvBMF.png

Jellyfish Necklace
QfrwhuJ.png

Jellyfish Diving Gear
43J8XYb.png

Ice Skates
nhaCFvA.png

Arctic Diving Gear
2 Defense
Extends breath time to 90 seconds.
Allows swimming.
Produces a small pink glow that becomes much stronger underwater.
Enemies in the glow receive a Hunter Potion highlight and take 40% more knockback.
4 Defense
Extends breath time to 90 seconds.
Allows swimming.
Produces a small pink glow that becomes much stronger underwater, which highlights enemies in it and increases the knockback they take by 40%.
Increases acceleration by 75%, but reduces deceleration by just as much.
Instantly decelerate on ice.
Is now dropped by Ice Mimics instead of being found in Ice Chests, locking its tinkers until Hardmode.
5 Defense
Extends breathing time to 110 seconds.
Allows swimming.
Produces a small light-blue glow that becomes much stronger underwater, which highlights enemies in it and increases the knockback they take by 40%.
Increases acceleration by 75%, but reduces deceleration by just as much.
Instantly decelerate on ice.
The Diving Gears now all grant defense, and the Jellyfish Necklace and Ice Skates have gotten new bonuses to make them more useful while retaining their original functions.
NOW the Arctic Diving Gear is a nice bundle of utility, and both it and the Frostspark Boots actually gain something!​

nwzP6dg.png

Hardmode
nwzP6dg.png

Ore Armor II
Armor TypeHead ArmorsBreastplateLeggingsSet BonusFull StatsInsight on my Decisions
All Hardmode Ore ArmorsOnly require 10 BarsOnly require 20 BarsOnly require 15 BarsThe newer Ore Armors' set bonuses are unchanged, for the most part, but the original Ore Armors' set bonuses are wildly improved.
They are NOT fancy-shmancies like the newer Ore Armor set bonuses.
Only require 45 Bars
What, each stronger bar requiring more ores to make wasn't enough for you? You also want more bars; you wanna pluralize the plural? You're a monster.
Cobalt Armor
Indirect damage buffs, with a slight secondary theme of speed.
Cobalt Mask:
14 Defense
+14% Movement Speed
+14% Melee Speed

Cobalt Helmet:
5 Defense
+10% Firing Speed
+6% Ranged Critical Strike Chance

Cobalt Hat:
3 Defense
+15% Casting speed
+60 Maximum Mana
10 Defense
+8% Critical Strike Chance
8 Defense
+24% Movement Speed
With Mask:
+14% Melee Speed, with a bonus 14% with the Cobalt Sword or Naginata

With Helmet:
+20% Projectile Velocity, with a bonus 20% with the Cobalt Repeater

With Hat:
-14% Mana Usage, with a bonus 14% with the Elemental Amethyst Staff-
With Mask:
32 Defense
+28% Melee Speed, with a bonus 14% with the Cobalt Sword or Naginata
+38% Movement Speed

With Helmet:
23 Defense
+10% Firing Speed
+8% Critical Strike Chance, plus 6% for Ranged weapons
+24% Movement Speed
+20% Projectile Velocity, with a bonus 20% with the Cobalt Repeater

With Hat:
21 Defense
+15% Casting Speed
+60 Maximum Mana
+24% Movement Speed
-14% Mana Usage, with a bonus 14% with the Elemental Amethyst Staff
Now THIS is where things get interesting.
Everyone knows that the original Ore Armors suck when compared to the newer Ore Armors, and a lot of people just want to give them fancy-shmancy set bonuses. Relogic's stated that they don't want this, though, and I didn't want to quite go there, either. Why not, instead, embrace the raw stat bonus gig and use it to improve the Hardmode Ore weapons' usability? Of course, this won't single-handedly make the melee weapons a worthwhile option to use, but it'll provide that extra bit of encouragement to the player.

Already, you'll notice that I did away with the "Chance to not consume Ammo" bonus. Let's be real, that does nothing for you inside or outside of combat, and you already have a Furniture item and a Potion to give you them if you DO want them that badly. That being said, a big change I'll be making for all of these Ore armors is that the Ranged head pieces will always have the least amount of bonuses out of the three, with the Melee or Magic ones instead being the highest.. Ranged weapons are NOT ones that need massive damage bonuses.
Palladium Armor
Straight damage and crit chance buffs (which have been improved, mainly for Melee) with Rapid Healing. Defense is pretty mushy.
Palladium Mask:
12 Defense
+10% Melee Damage
+10% Melee Critical Strike Chance

Palladium Helmet:
4 Defense
+8% Ranged Damage
+8% Ranged Critical Strike Chance

Palladium Headgear:
2 Defense
+9% Magic Damage
+9% Magic Critical Strike Chance
+40 Maximum Mana
8 Defense
+3% Damage
+2% Critical Strike Chance
7 Defense
+2% Damage
+1% Critical Strike Chance
Grants Rapid Healing for 4 seconds every time you strike an enemy.
Rapid Healing's duration has been reduced by 1 second, and the regen it provides has been lowered by 0.5 HP/s (to +2.5 HP/s).
With Mask:
27 Defense
+5% Damage
+3% Critical Strike Chance
+10% Melee Damage
+10% Melee Critical Strike Chance
Grants Rapid Healing for 4 seconds every time you strike an enemy

With Helmet:
19 Defense
+5% Damage
+8% Ranged Damage

With Headgear:
+5% Damage
+9% Magic Damage
+9% Magic Critical Strike Chance
+40 Maximum Mana
So, two things you may have noticed by now:
  1. Masks (Ranged) and Helmets (Melee) are being swapped around, turning Masks into Melee pieces and Helmets into Ranged pieces.
  2. I literally just swapped the defense values of the Cobalt and Palladium Armors.
For the head piece swaps, I noticed and was irritated by a LOT of inconsistencies with the head pieces of these Ore Armors. The Helmet, right now, goes from a Ranged head piece to a MELEE head piece, and then BACK to a Ranged head piece??? Who the heck even cares, am I right? I do.
I actually might've designated HELMETS to be the Melee pieces, but then Storm Diver and Jota Bame brought up the fact that a Mask provides more overall head protection than a Helmet, and I realized that I'm not very good at noticing simple things like that.
Now, I'm not gonna make every head armor of a specific damage type conform to the usual if it's not necessarily causing confusion. Hoods and Headgears, for example, I'm both okay with, since they're only used for Magic. It brings some variety.

As for the defense...
...I COULD have just upped the the defense for the original ones, but then the numbers would just be overall higher and I'd need to adjust basically every armor to compensate. The defense swap works to keep things from getting out of hand while still enforcing the original Ore Armors as the raw-stats armors.
Mythril Armor
Damage buffs with a secondary theme of making attacks easier to land. Has a bit of a jump height thing, as well.
Mythril Helmet:
19 Defense
+18% Melee Damage
+18% Melee Speed
+14% Jump Height

Mythril Hat:
7 Defense
+16% Ranged Damage
+24% Projectile Velocity

Mythril Hood:
5 Defense
+20% Magic Damage
+80 Maximum Mana
+7% Jump Height
13 Defense
+10% Damage
10 Defense
+20% Jump Height
With Helmet:
+15% Melee Knockback and Weapon Size, with a bonus 15% with the Mythril Sword or Halberd

With Hat:
+10% Firing Speed, with a bonus 10% with the Mythril Repeater

With Hood:
+13% Casting Speed, with a bonus 13% with the Elemental Sapphire Staff
With Helmet:
42 Defense
+10% Damage
+18% Melee Damage
+18% Melee Speed
+34% Jump Height
+15% Melee Knockback and Weapon Size, with a bonus 15% with the Mythril Sword or Halberd

With Hat:
30 Defense
+10% Damage
+16% Ranged Damage
+24% Projectile Velocity
+20% Jump Height
+10% Firing Speed, with a bonus 10% with the Mythril Repeater

With Hood:
28 Defense
+10% Damage
+20% Magic Damage
+80 Maximum Mana
+27% Jump Height
+13% Casting Speed, with a bonus 13% with the Elemental Sapphire Staff
Have I ignored the Elemental Gem Staves for long enough? Okay.
Yeah, it always bothered me how the Hardmode Ores didn't have corresponding Magic weapons like the PreHardmode ones do. I didn't want to make them as simple as the original Gem Staves, though, since that would be boring, so I took the Elemental Gem Staves from an entirely unrelated suggestion I made years ago and refined them with some peer revision for use in this suggestion! They even got new sprites, which I'm excited for you to see!

Moving back to the armors, I gave them each a theme for their stats, in case you haven't noticed. I'm pretty sure most of the armors already had one, but they weren't fully dedicated to it, so I made that the case. I also added in some stats that you'd normally wouldn't see on armors, such as Jump Height and Weapon Size, along with Casting Speed, which I wanted to do because it seemed like a waste to have certain stats be increasable in such few ways; adding more ways of getting these stat bonuses into the game could allow for more flexibility in the gear you use.
Orichalcum Armor
Crit chance buffs with movement speed bonuses and piercing flower petals.
Orichalcum Mask:
16 Defense
+17% Melee Critical Strike Chance
+20% Melee Weapon Size
+14% Movement Speed

Orichalcum Helmet:
6 Defense
+15% Ranged Critical Strike Chance

Orichalcum Headgear:
4 Defense
+18% Magic Critical Strike Chance
+60 Maximum Mana
+7% Movement Speed
12 Defense
+6% Critical Strike Chance
9 Defense
+20% Movement Speed
Causes flower petals to pierce through foes for 30 damage with every attack. Has a cooldown of 1 second.With Mask:
37 Defense
+17% Melee Critical Strike Chance
+20% Melee Weapon Size
+34% Movement Speed
Causes flower petals to pierce through foes for 30 damage with every attack

With Helmet:
27 Defense
+15% Ranged Critical Strike Chance
+20% Movement Speed

With Headgear:
25 Defense
+18% Magic Critical Strike Chance
+60 Maximum Mana
+27% Movement Speed
Okay, I've actually run out of things to say about the armors in general, and I don't really have much to say on any specifics, besides their pre-existing themes that I just exaggerated.
Adamantite Armor
Now the beast of stats.
All-around damage bonuses and all-around mobility. The set bonuses pull no punches.
Adamantite Mask:
24 Defense
+17% Melee Damage
+9% Melee Critical Strike Chance

Adamantite Helmet:
9 Defense
+16% Ranged Damage

Adamantite Headgear:
7 Defense
+18% Magic Damage
+10% Magic Critical Strike Chance
+100 Maximum Mana
16 Defense
+7% Damage
+14% Jump Height
12 Defense
+18% Movement Speed
With Mask:
+11% Melee Critical Strike Chance, with a bonus 11% with the Adamantite Sword or Glaive

With Helmet:
+10% Ranged Critical Strike Chance, with a bonus 10% with the Adamantite Repeater

With Headgear:
+12% Magic Critical Strike Chance, with a bonus 12% with the Super Ruby Staff.
With Mask:
52 Defense
+7% Damage
+17% Melee Damage
+20% Melee Critical Strike Chance,with a bonus 11% with the Adamantite Sword or Glaive
+18% Movement Speed
+14% Jump Height

With Helmet:
37 Defense
+7% Damage
+16% Ranged Damage
+18% Ranged Critical Strike Chance, with a bonus 10% with the Adamantite Repeater
+18% Movement Speed
+14% Jump Height

With Headgear:
35 Defense
+7% Damage
+18% Magic Damage
+22% Magic Critical Strike Chance, with a bonus 12% with the Elemental Ruby Staff
+100 Maximum Mana
+18% Movement Speed
+14% Jump Height
Nothin' for now.
Titanium Armor
King of speed.
Titanium Helmet:
22 Defense
+28% Melee Speed
Chance
+6% Melee Critical Strike Chance

Titanium Hat:
8 Defense
+21% Firing Speed

Titanium Hood:
6 Defense
+23% Casting Speed
+80 Mana
14 Defense
Chance
+17% Attack Speed
+17% Movement Speed
11 Defense
+25% Movement Speed
Produces orbiting protective titanium shards on every hit, which deal 50 damage and HUGE knockback on contactWith Helmet:
47 Defense
+9% Critical Strike Chance
+17% Attack Speed
+28% Melee Speed
+6% Melee Critical Strike Chance
+17% Attack Speed
+42% Movement Speed
Attacks produce orbiting titanium shards that damage enemies on contact

With Hat:
33 Defense
+17% Attack Speed
+21% Firing Speed
+42% Movement Speed

With Hood:
31 Defense
+17% Attack Speed
+23% Casting Speed
+80 Mana
+42% Movement Speed
The idea I had with these stats is to make it easier to get and use the Titanium Shards with attack speed and movement speed. There's a bit of backing critical strike chance, but other than that, this set heavily encourages you to make the most out of your Titanium Shards for maximum damage. Easiest done with Melee, I think; might do something about the set bonus for Rangers and Mages.
Related Changes and Additions
Any Hardmode Ore weapon that's not a Repeater needs some serious help. The Hardmode Ore Armors' Set Bonuses are just a complimentary bonus; we've gotta tackle these weapons head-on to fix them.​
Jota Bame has kindly given me permission to use Melee ideas from his Rebalancing Mod in this suggestion. As with Storm Diver and the PreHardmode Ore Armors, I think Bame did things pretty well.
However, I DO also have my own changes and ideas, including some in place of Bame's, so I'll be showing everything off here.
Swords
Cobalt, Mythril, and Adamantite Sword
rJuODBp2qaWV7GQon4Gnd1TrI56YDapstaWdyCdZZdgL_JUEVuSIWvclmd0MkVQriD4zsLsCbwADl04rjvsPqk_32VRGx6U1AYZolHOE1SrWucFCW6TFrPcCmtGOQatVmCJ-Q3Qq
4NHxpDthFPVTDl8p4oM9hxl34vchjJ3rkp3WPWT8CEaecbVjWY1RwlxQLhlE7IIpiFoZcB7MFQrngoWGC1JS0mIMT6oehjj7hJDAQbD0bEddkniby28AY2J2M2pqlKeCCVM8jNzQ
y-BCV4QuDZqkBcANV9sWFcexzbgYOJ6UPFfo4WeusIKOZOPH84RlifI87I-kwuZ3FlzmThlvupkL665-ph14DF4aQSFVDOr-cpPOftEJz9Q3pU1Pt4ahf9eT2abfxtIaddy9MAGe

Damage, Speed, Knockback, and Size are all increased by 25%, and Critical Strike Chance is increased to 8%.

Palladium, Orichalcum, and Titanium Sword
ijgzdgdfqMci1CwO9sMfYXrCCrhGQ_4Rv5MW7kojQb2hhWzy8h1WHPdaJHKXOVH_V_Ht7J9-eSoHbzKqca56D_wfBvY4-jEGbr-Y7gXRp5Sp7ZU3BfOLo-gQq9B9sjFJk3Lm24Lr
gWPmhHZ4ZsT-v270YHozZg0DPAkTo5mAQSjYkmfoMgHRfea0dGhcHEB7hNb1q5owseGXskrwj3st9XFNDjvWofb7jzUXSk3Qgr44OnTbIvB3muMK2_MGiU6zlYtSS4H0yVOBYUm9
hd3yPCB_RSujFthtrDI43zTKbOcmPu1QxDXX-TcDo_RSYvzyLJNt4UbOy7CmpyAynt8LgVPcnr8EwzuFOwccJk_CmWgvTRjF46DmIK85U6Fbke-Vqt7dK0RrRclBAwmPrFahVUDH

Fires short-lived, powerful beams at a slow rate, which quickly begin to decelerate and fade away after less than a second.
Each sword's beams behave slightly different.

Palladium Sword
ijgzdgdfqMci1CwO9sMfYXrCCrhGQ_4Rv5MW7kojQb2hhWzy8h1WHPdaJHKXOVH_V_Ht7J9-eSoHbzKqca56D_wfBvY4-jEGbr-Y7gXRp5Sp7ZU3BfOLo-gQq9B9sjFJk3Lm24Lr

Fires a beam that travels with a velocity of 10, dealing 175% damage and no knockback.
It lasts 0.5 before fading away, and has a 1.7-second cooldown.

Orichalcum Sword
gWPmhHZ4ZsT-v270YHozZg0DPAkTo5mAQSjYkmfoMgHRfea0dGhcHEB7hNb1q5owseGXskrwj3st9XFNDjvWofb7jzUXSk3Qgr44OnTbIvB3muMK2_MGiU6zlYtSS4H0yVOBYUm9

Fires a beam that travels with a velocity of 8.5, dealing 140% damage and no knockback.
It lasts 0.6 seconds before fading away, and has a 1.3-second cooldown.

Titanium Sword
hd3yPCB_RSujFthtrDI43zTKbOcmPu1QxDXX-TcDo_RSYvzyLJNt4UbOy7CmpyAynt8LgVPcnr8EwzuFOwccJk_CmWgvTRjF46DmIK85U6Fbke-Vqt7dK0RrRclBAwmPrFahVUDH

Fires a beam that travels with a velocity of 9.5, dealing 167% damage and 33% knockback.
It lasts 0.4 seconds before fading away, and has a 1.5-second cooldown.

"Spears"
Cobalt Naginata, Mythril Halberd, and Adamantite Glaive
qRXd4J0DFzsB9KMhq930D08FUrBT1GzsH7ULnKuAaFW4EcPbDTjYXzIO7BTmVgdF7wEYMd8ZDu0mptnx4JtYctZAr2bTOir-GMi2KXt17oHzNAByN5Lr0Uk71QDXTZMfOddmsFgl
-yrpNmDgyehtvcec-xnksRK7SZXtwxhqmULsdJEohGQbN_K_BTLK4SiZ7pxeP3SPaUJC7TOE-ol1bQYTS33ZZkRPRAw0URD8t79RtGZJIEAjfogiBN7ZZC9SWl5mq2XamTJtfUPM
rbDgdAEQNCdH7lLWxx2Uf9RNugSRry_1PGYILqLWvXbtIavMKD1G63LUq9KkLnF53j-Re6DkbfjBoXl5HYaJknrJEwwucjZMLRMSmI_tWrZW-LO6wV8zu8jRGuVghgkc26URsNz6

Their Use Time is increased from
28/26/25 to 33/31/30. They stay out for longer, but it lowers their DPS.
However, the invincibility frames are heavily reduced, and their hitbox width is doubled, letting them hit WAY more often. This should end in a net increase in DPS.
The Adamantite Glaive also gets a 15% damage bonus and its critical strike chance upped to 8%.

Palladium Pike, Orichalcum Halberd, and Titanium Trident
k5_jJsJgiDXwudJMF31cLZ3s2tm8lNyXjYgI_oguFLhdqOdP2NlaWWpPYls7hImIzmGyQN_I3Qpi0z7H7AEAdUqhkWt4NnRwQoxagKMJ_Oq7bnfZ6xE-KKlfnSrk5Xy9ofkzHlVD
qiuIlh4opM_x2SSRlVbZoQaeIBvlwuPJEQcQouSYn_EuHY8JralqYEq16Tw4rKOQfrnDF4DFhFQ7iax_6x9z5UZHF1bYaT8bXtxT4dM4-TycogkIznCUQqJpSgQQSMebsNIvCakK
8hj8fnVf0UyU4qsUblBEDYwVrPLnfIEylYCvcM5hXoMm-X_XuCKrsb9lRG-BoSH2C8KsdZB7bknfW0xdljAtp9hoo8ySdTk34Odudwp_UG7e0hyENTMfectfkU0WUpyNWhpMigLm

Each has a special effect that resembles their armors' Set Bonuses.
Except the Trident.

Palladium Pike
k5_jJsJgiDXwudJMF31cLZ3s2tm8lNyXjYgI_oguFLhdqOdP2NlaWWpPYls7hImIzmGyQN_I3Qpi0z7H7AEAdUqhkWt4NnRwQoxagKMJ_Oq7bnfZ6xE-KKlfnSrk5Xy9ofkzHlVD

Restores 1 HP on every hit. Simple as that.

Orichalcum Halberd
qiuIlh4opM_x2SSRlVbZoQaeIBvlwuPJEQcQouSYn_EuHY8JralqYEq16Tw4rKOQfrnDF4DFhFQ7iax_6x9z5UZHF1bYaT8bXtxT4dM4-TycogkIznCUQqJpSgQQSMebsNIvCakK

Summons piercing flower petals on every hit. These are identical to the petals from the Orichalcum Armor's Set Bonus.

Titanium Trident
8hj8fnVf0UyU4qsUblBEDYwVrPLnfIEylYCvcM5hXoMm-X_XuCKrsb9lRG-BoSH2C8KsdZB7bknfW0xdljAtp9hoo8ySdTk34Odudwp_UG7e0hyENTMfectfkU0WUpyNWhpMigLm

Can be thrown like a Bone Javelin with Alt-Fire, flying really far and really fast to deal 140% damage and getting stuck on impact.
Stuck Tridents inflict a better version of Penetrated, which deals 5 DPS over 1 tick and reduces the target’s defense by 3, per stack. The debuff can be stacked up to 6 times for 30 DPS and -18 Defense against a single target. I'll call it Pierced because I dunno what Bame called it.
Hey hey, now you'll finally get to see what those Elemental Staffs were!

Elemental Amethyst Staff
v9wmKZi27b04LvwfM1XnZtTygvRBmQJ8UOTYmApT9nt0ii6ZhASKJBSP2LRL4K8bRNvPT7QBELd0x9BK-IPRdWN73fNUvrsfr6vXzseKxCveuzvVHtINRTmdNrZBKe81d6XZuN7o

Crafted with an Amethyst Staff, 10 Cobalt Bars, 3 Souls of Night and 3 Souls of Light.

Casts a lavender Amethyst beam that splits into 6 much-smaller beams on impact. These secondary beams fly out in all directions but are evenly spaced out in a hexagon formation, each dealing 1/2 of the main projectile's base damage. They are otherwise identical to the main projectile, except that they fade away after 10 blocks and can each pierce once.
Every 6th shot, the main beam and its secondary beams become a LOT more vibrant and all inflict Venom for one second. The main beam will split into 8 secondary beams instead of 6, which fly out in an octagon formation. Each of the smaller beams will deal 3/4 of the main projectile's base damage instead of 1/2, and are each still capable of getting critical hits.

Damage: 42 (Magic)
Knockback: 5 (Average)
Mana: 28
Critical Strike Chance: 4%
Use Time: 39 (Very Slow)
Velocity: 8
Projectile Pierce: 1, Secondary projectiles only
Inflicts Venom
UUoPu0KuIvH-KUsiIPLBIhgIaxHP6mHzfuL-00gCS4FH-cHws-06Zjy0Va5QWRwaTCI-p8A_httJik6imwAjsnwi-RQsk4wKcH9b4dqd4y6mAeoy-LaxedYuDgr3utxXY1a-bBxc
(Guaranteed for 3 seconds from crit secondary beams)
Debuff Effects: 30 DPS
Rarity:
Light Red
Sell: 2 Gold

Elemental Topaz Staff
CtIIn473lWmkq1E1oV-lQtRfGz8A7IHBX1VNG87PK-HTjG4YPm48lXKzUhT1KMal-SmbiN5naHmWOryYOPHQyxh0ct7J4VlBVhMYo8tYYFiRNWA_JMybz9_bKhiT2hO4LLcVQeEM

Crafted with a Topaz Staff, 10 Palladium Bars and 6 Souls of Light.

Fires a vibrant yellow Topaz beam with a pierce of 5 that bounces from enemy to enemy, ignoring a LOT of defense. The beam can bounce between the same few enemies, though the projectile will prioritize untouched targets first, making it kinda like the Huntress's Laser Glaive from Risk of Rain 1. Unlike the Laser Glaives, though, if there is only one enemy nearby, the beam will stay on and repeatedly damage the same enemy unless another one comes by or the beam reaches its limit. The beams each have their own invincibility frames, allowing multiple Super Topaz Beams to go around without interfering with each other.

Damage: 16 (Magic)
Knockback: None
Mana: 17
Use Time: 28 (Average)
Velocity: 9
Extra Updates: 1
Projectile Pierce: 5
Armor Penetration: 20
Inflicts Electrified
FOdnmnVK1stWcVe_2FmmpLB3QC1W6m5na5MyJcY8g2TfPVxHR4D4iev1vwAGhIsKpM7_mTA8g2VxrynDvqkaSkhjS8JIv-rdzUPheiew2zFPuIONiUvJSCraK_86kyb1DIchRhmc
(50% chance, 5-6 seconds)
Debuff Effects: Deals 4 DPS, or 16 if the victim is moving. Enemies pretty much always take 16 DPS
Rarity:
Light Red
Sell: 2 Gold, 50 Silver

Elemental Sapphire Staff
PPyikZlVjdt916sRYZftGqCibrsYWZHivkN1ilBErmKnw3v9g13hxmnaV0-9J33vOxSUAVLwxYcGav_g4Yzv80gXijwXoLbkfEZfe7nMmma4pmW-Zu1x01Ldd1cb9XdEJHT7ujq_

Crafted with a Sapphire Staff, 10 Mythril Bars and 6 Souls of Night.

Fires a deep-blue Sapphire beam that pierces two enemies and causes a splash on each hit for area damage. The first hit produces a splash with a radius of 4 blocks, the second one produces a splash with a radius of 3 blocks, and on the third and final hit, a Grenade-sized explosion is produced. If the beam hits a block, it will burst and damage anything within a 7-block radius, a much bigger area than the beam would normally be able to cover.
Damage: 42 (Magic)
Knockback: 4 (Weak)
Mana: 20
Use Time: 37 (Very Slow)
Velocity: 8
Projectile Pierce: 2
Rarity:
Light Red
Sell: 4 Gold

Elemental Emerald Staff
nVgQEc40kc0Uc422I8FOXfdQcohUtfkDLvGDJ_4y11v3KPIMMg4c1sL9EqQzswKILwZ1Z5seC1PnKvjvIstVlH8I0Nj0Nwguja1sxQq6Cb2JrIWNlka1Vrz3KO2GbAw1bq-y2hmR

Crafted with an Emerald Staff, 10 Orichalcum Bars, 3 Souls of Night and 3 Souls of Light.

Fires a vibrant Emerald beam that bursts into a gale on impact, which flows 8 blocks straight in the direction the projectile was heading, instantly dealing moderate knockback and damage to all enemies caught in it. If the beam deals a critical hit, the entire gale will, as well.
Basically, the beam has infinite pierce, but only for 8 blocks after hitting the first enemy. Said enemy actually gets hit twice, by both the beam and the gale it creates.

Damage: 38 (Magic)
Knockback: 6 (Average)
Mana: 16
Use Time: 27 (Average)
Velocity: 13
Projectile Pierce: Infinite, Gale only
Rarity:
Light Red
Sell: 4 Gold, 50 Silver

Elemental Ruby Staff
LRDiRXoy4H_wsgNxXntaE8N4vSjB9uOfto5Jz_HoFEGX4kUsfpC-ZaR6aI_bLYlveODWzLnNstEz_OqC1ucxHhjB1Xkn43zSrUoRr5ZdHAZjv1JQohBbhDA2zG_WMg1QxExUPBrQ

Crafted with a Ruby Staff, 10 Adamantite Bars and 6 Souls of Light.

Shoots a fiery-red Ruby beam that pierces four times and causes a small, 3-block-radius explosion at the end. Its attacks momentarily inflict Blazing, a fire debuff that deals 15 damage per second via 5 ticks of 3 damage, and that finishing explosion will instead inflict Burning for 2 seconds on all enemies caught in it. The explosion is also triggered when the beam hits a block.
Damage: 34 (Magic)
Knockback: 5 from Beam (Average), 8 from Explosion (Very Strong)
Use Time: 28 (Average)
Velocity: 10
Projectile Pierce: 4
Inflicts Blazing
HL0BazkfRGtQljKraz-jlgjbduhZE8gvHXfwUZOO9-7VF1lpzbr99Zej5xJ7MbX0QO8KH51mvf_5VPLcftfAehvNMVB9NvWwgiBtDfnMBMWFl0yC3ZwcyVfyiiib33o3ZOqLDnnC
(Guaranteed for 2-4 seconds),
Burning
mN7FUNmmzUp5bFimQsr7Lji_u6QI8QZC6I2OYN3e-_8DsA-sIg4wKt6YVsd9D_I7AmU6cKLDLGPlLAJ-DV14Y34Tr2G1LDRre1O1b-3umSF2bALJhloegj9uYSRVW34-1UzeXoTx
(Guaranteed for 2 seconds from the finishing explosion)
Debuff Effects: 15 DPS, 50 DPS
Rarity:
Light Red
Sell: 6 Gold

Elemental Amber Staff
gK5I4t4BT2krD65V32cLvVh139K0mP3Ii2b_HXBYsA6cqsLO6cK-F7HvE92d7xJZcQzhKR6FXpAqwm0SmZeXWLWGhdJBBG-hEMJxOkr0_SECJmUagtlghepIZljJT7iHBmhCEeDu

Crafted with an Amber Staff, 2 Forbidden Fragments, 3 Souls of Night, and 3 Souls of Light.

Fires a bright-orange Amber beam that moves pretty fast and deals huge damage. The catch?
The beam drops like a ROCK after traveling 13 blocks. At any point, if the beam hits a block or a grounded foe, it will cause a tremor in a large, 10-block radius that deals 60% damage to all enemies caught inside.

Damage: 100 (Magic)
Knockback: 8 (Very Strong)
Mana: 27
Use Time: 34 (Slow)
Velocity: 13
Rarity:
Light Red
Sell: 6 Gold, 25 Silver

Elemental Diamond Staff
h9LUoM7NXsf5vzo62mCUIjpub4hVE7ij8fYN-2Mipxx8i1RWmEsz9d9H96tea6Irn2OO852ZeLqFVYziII1Ieq0WXtFPJYb5z-EeHZqeLJAHOm6_8NAw59OUwiEkk6al-5dZjdSm

Crafted with a Diamond Staff, 10 Titanium Bars and 6 Souls of Night.

Fires a very light blue Diamond beam that travels at a snail's pace but is able to partially freeze enemies, causing ice shards to grow on them. Attacking these enemies again will shatter the ice, dealing an extra 33% damage to the victim and sending five ice shards flying to gash surrounding targets, which ALSO deal 33% damage.
Damage: 64 (Magic)
Knockback: 7 (Strong)
Use Time: 21 (Fast)
Velocity: 6
Projectile Pierce: 1
Inflicts Snap Freeze
ulPoWjJ6iiPzklcFba12haq5uW4MH8R3vPpmvT6Hfe0nEgEUbyBMH5fYXhLBH4DbQA8wEAMse29JDiv9DzmKE9FGVrIRptla4MmXuhW6Tc7S7A_7xTfmpN3il2xols2hclmqyqFV
(Guaranteed for 5 seconds)
Debuff Effects: When hurt, the victim takes an additional 33% damage and sends five ice shards flying to hurt other enemies, each also dealing 33% damage. The debuff is removed when the victim takes damage.
Rarity:
Light Red
Sell: 6 Gold, 50 Silver

nwzP6dg.png

Summoner Hybrids
"WAIT WAIT, hooOOOLD on a second; Hybrids?"
*cough* Well, let's just say I took a page or two from Baconfry's book.​
APkJxeR.png

Frost Armor

No longer Melee-Ranged, but Melee-Summoner!
10 Defense
+16% Melee and Summon damage
Grants immunity to Frozen
20 Defense
+12% Melee Critical Strike Chance
Grants immunity to Chilled
13 Defense
+29% Movement Speed
+1 Minion Capacity
Melee and Summon damage inflicts Frostburn on enemies, with the armor now boosting its DPS to 20!

Double-tap DOWN to freeze the bottom half of your character, doubling defense, halting all sideways momentum and sending you STRAIGHT down with 75% increased velocity. Your arms aren't frozen, so you are still able to use items without issue.
If you land, fall damage will be halved.
You sink right through liquids, completely unhindered; be careful if you're above lava when you activate this!
You can actually smash through enemies, dealing 50 Melee damage and gaining really brief invincibility.
43 Defense
+16% Melee and Summon damage
+12% Melee Critical Strike Chance
+29% Movement Speed
+1 Minion Capacity
Grants immunity to Frozen and Chilled
Melee and Summon damage inflict a stronger Frostburn
Double-tap DOWN to freeze your legs, doubling defense and sending you straight down
In one of his suggestions, Baconfry turned the Frost Armor into a Summoner armor, and I thought that was an amazing idea. I wanted to follow it, but not exactly, which is something that'll probably be a bit hard to believe when you compare the stats we each gave it.
The set bonus, however, is completely different. I opted to just increase the damage of Frostburn, but J Bame actually suggested the freezing thing and I liked it. I am an avid user of the Slime Mount, which, when put next to my love of the Melee class, just makes this armor set perfect for me. Hopefully it's not just perfect for me, though, and you guys really like the utility this set brings, too!
deZE26a.png

Jungle Guardian Armor
A completely new set to complete the trifecta!
biYq0I4.png

Jungle Guardian Hood
16 Defense
+27% Summon Damage
+1 Sentry Capacity
1 Mystic Jade and 10 Adamantite/Titanium Bars

QoVdZ6v.png

Jungle Guardian Mask
7 Defense
+17% Ranged Damage
+1 Minion Capacity
1 Mystic Jade and 10 Adamantite/Titanium Bars

If the hood isn't worn, it will still be shown on the player, but will be hanging down.
Anything else can be equipped in the head slot, and it will still show the hood down, even with items that completely cover the head.
7Qr26Qj.png

Jungle Guardian Cloak
10 Defense
+21% Projectile Velocity
+1 Sentry Capacity
Projectile Velocity will also affect Minion, Sentry, and Whip projectiles.
1 Mystic Jade and 20 Adamantite/Titanium Bars

The character's familiar clothes will be shown under the cloak.
QjbVG4W.png

Jungle Guardian Boots
7 Defense
+14% Movement Speed
+1 Sentry Capacity
1 Mystic Jade and 16 Adamantite/Titanium Bars

The character's familiar clothes will be shown under the boots.
With Jungle Guardian Hood:
All Sentries produce a yellowish-lime Nature’s Blessing aura, which grants +10 Defense, +1.5 HP/s Health Regeneration, +200% Thorns, and a leaf trail to all players and friendly entities inside of it. Enemies instead take 30% more knockback when inside the auras.

With Jungle Guardian Mask:
All Sentries produce a yellowish-lime Nature’s Bane aura, which grants +20% Damage, +10% Critical Strike Chance, and a sparkly green trail to all players and friendly entities inside of it. Enemies instead take damage equal to 50% of the sentry's base damage every second when inside the aura.

The radius for both aura types is 15 blocks. Stacking multiple of the same aura type on top of each other will not stack the bonuses, though connecting them at the edges will let you walk between them without momentarily losing the buffs.
However, the Nature's Blessing and Nature's Bane buffs will cancel out if both are possessed at the same time.
Positioning is key, with these auras.

Auras take 3 seconds to appear around Sentries after they are spawned or after you put on the full set or switch headpieces.
With Jungle Guardian Hood:
33 Defense
+27% Summon Damage
+21% Projectile Velocity
+14% Movement Speed
+3 Sentry Capacity
Sentries produce Nature's Blessing auras that grant supportive boosts

With Jungle Guardian Mask:
24 Defense
+17% Ranged Damage
+21% Projectile Velocity
+14% Movement Speed
+1 Minion Capacity
+2 Sentry Capacity
Sentries produce Nature's Bane auras that grant offensive boosts
I think this is a really fun set, and I had a lot of fun creating it and getting to see it finally stand in the spotlight! I'm sure a select few of you will recognize the armor from an older work of mine, and I'm grateful to you if you do!

This set tries a LOT of new things, from all of its visuals, to its identity as a Summoner-hybrid set, to its incredibly powerful supportive auras. The set itself takes a lot of inspiration from the Bloons Tower Defense games, which becomes super obvious once you see the its corresponding Mini-boss. The Hood, originally being the only head piece this armor had, is a nod to the Glaive Lord from BTD5, while the Mask references the Crossbow Monkey from BTD6. The aura, however, is actually completely unrelated, and is, in fact, a much more basic concept. It originally came from this old idea, the Glowy Stone, which was also made with Mystic Jades.
Related Changes and Additions
The three Summoner Hybrid sets are now each getting two weapons in total!
The aim here is to give each set a weapon of its non-Summoner damage type, as well as a different type of Summoner weapon so players have a reason to fight each associated Miniboss!
Yes, the Jungle Guardian Armor also has its own corresponding Miniboss. I'll show it off after the weapons!​
XbN87Qp.png

Frost Gauntlet
Why an accessory, when you could use it as a weapon?
9KIysaz.png

Cool Whip
Now with actually-cool snowflakes, AND a bit of recipe rebalancing.
The Frost Gauntlet is a regular Flail weapon that can be spun around and tossed. Spinning up the Gauntlet, however, will boost its strength the longer you go, increasing Melee Speed by up to 50%, Damage by up to 300%, and Knockback by up to 70% over 3 seconds!
When flung, the Gauntlet will up to DOUBLE in size, depending on time spun, granting you a bit of extra leeway while also looking REALLY cool. This is a slight reference to Rayman Origins and Legends, where Rayman can wind up his punch for a MUCH larger impact - and fist!
This whip gives you no reason to swing with it more than once, and its snowflake can’t catch up to jack-diddly-squat.
To deal with the latter issue, the snowflakes should move 40% faster, and to reward getting in multiple whip hits on a target, let the whip unleash more snowflakes with repeated attacks, with a cap equalling half of the player’s maximum minions and sentries put together. That should be enough for the whip to shine!
Crafted with 1 Frost Core, 5 Souls of Light, and 5 Souls of Night.
  • Damage: 92 (Melee)
  • Knockback: 5 (Average)
  • Critical Strike Chance: 4%
  • Use Time: 45 (Very Slow)
  • Velocity: 9.5
  • Pierce: Infinite
  • Wind it up for a nasty blow!
  • Rarity: Pink
  • Sell: 3 Gold
Now crafted with 2 Frost Core, 6 Souls of Light, 6 Souls of Night.
The original recipe: 1 Frost Core, 8 Souls of Light, 8 Souls of Night.

I wanted to balance out the recipes a bit, so each of the non-Summoner weapons will now cost 1 Mini-boss material and 10 Souls to make, while the Summoner weapons require 2 of the Mini-boss material and 12 Souls!
DkuRw6q.png

Dart Mitt
Learn how a monkey feels like during combat when you slip this on!
4SpRCQB.png

Heavy Dart

This thing is massive, not to mention a bit structurally-unstable.
KpPr24n.png

Dew Dropper Staff
Quite the vibrant plant, wouldn't you say?
Another Glove weapon! That's three now, creating a second trifecta thanks to a single item set!
The Dart Mitt has a low, low firing speed, but it makes up for that in spades with its ability to throw three darts at once. One dart will always fly completely straight, but the other two will always deviate 18 degrees, one to the left, and one to the right.
While inaccurate as heck, the deviating darts are the exact same as the straight one, and can end with some serious damage if you're close enough for all darts to hit one enemy!
This dart won't fit into Blowpipes or Blowguns, and has no special effects, simply doing a load of damage to a single enemy on impact.This thing would not exist if it weren't for Omega Derpling, so I thank him immensely for alerting me to the existence of Sundews.
This staff summons a Dew Dropper sentry, a freaky-peeky Sundew plant that fires dew droplets to attack enemies.

IZGJz4VJfzg4LjJ0e3q2YAZ_MU4IxXMOSSsEwwf0ImFdaIualgDGF6ZQhDhHpO6ZVt2PXpHqhwIjAXn1S9QMyCPRlO6yOaAgvkzMGxNMi5TGQVDgdEQ_g8skmetXRhRdokmUiIoD
I like to call it the Sunny D plant.
The Dropper will attack with a constant, 12-beat rhythm when enemies are nearby, which takes place over 3 seconds and constantly repeats as long as there are enemies to attack. It also has contact damage, which deals rapid hits with half the base damage.
The Dropper sends a dewdroplet spiraling outwards from its position each beat for the first four beats, and then fires a straight shot at the nearest enemy on the seventh beat. After five rests, the Dropper will start over and fire again.
1 2 3 4 - - 7 - - - - -
While each droplet has a lifespan of 30 seconds, they'll dissipate the moment they reach 20 blocks away from their Dew Dropper, which takes a lot longer to happen with the spiralling ones.
In a universe where this game’s enemies were actually programmed to handle moving at a slightly different pace than usual, each dew droplet has a 50% chance of inflicting Slow for 6 seconds, or for a guaranteed 13 seconds on contact.
Crafted with 1 Mystic Jade and 10 Souls of Light.
  • Damage: 27 (Ranged)
  • Knockback: 2.4 (Very Weak)
  • Use Time: 42 (Very Slow)
  • Velocity: 10
  • Throws three darts in a static spread.
  • Sell: 3 Gold
A single Mystic Jade will make 300 of these.
  • Damage: 28 (Ranged)
  • Knockback: 5 (Average)
  • Velocity: 4.4
  • Makes quite the impact.
  • Rarity: Light Red
  • Sell: 30 Copper
Crafted with 2 Mystic Jades and 12 Souls of Light.
  • Damage: 31 from dew droplets, 16 on contact (Summon)
  • Knockback: 3.5 (Weak)
  • Mana: 25
  • Use Time: 37 (Very Slow)
  • Velocity: 8.3
  • Summons an eyed sundew to fire dew droplets at enemies.
  • Inflicts Slow
    4gE3HqVKO3YptVkL-BhNh7Hnl0veGeIyDdjkRqLk47zHN1JgSbKIcji4F9rlfnNoyl9XV_j04FKx_kh_ApC-51m0iMITeChGjVDdHAsu8T-vEIrzhGaGXkgHyCdfZGTMW6GGKVZm
    • (50% chance for 6 seconds from dew)
    • (Guaranteed for 13 seconds on contact)
  • Sell: 4 Gold
kjVCRuW.png

Spirit Flame
Heeey, you didn't think I would forget about Forbidden Armor, did you?
znQ9ovv.png

Dust Jar
Yet another reference that's buffed and repurposed from an old suggestion!
Wow, they buffed the :red: out of this thing. Guess I don't need to touch the stats now, huh?
I still need to fix up the crafting recipe, though, so...
Along with a fresh coat of paint, the Dust Jar is rockin' a new function!
When used, the Dust Jar fires a gust of sand that BLASTS up to three enemies with huge knockback and moderate damage. The gust travels REALLY fast for a set distance, then quickly decelerates; once the gust comes to a stop or hits a third enemy, it’ll form into a Grainy Nimbus that will attack for and protect you!
You read that right, folks; even the weaponis a hybrid now! This thing is a Magic weapon AND a Summon weapon, all bundled into one, letting you target enemies the same way Summoner staffs do while also giving it a proper reason to use Mana!
io_kr4J_M4WEj0O9c0L2aHGqhbpNCXW8ZZ71Ek6gnqnAmvA_jFYhl9cBvjCxnOxhKgjTzvV3BcDxOQULYFdyzqZBlcS3KCmLzHMbrUZ5Ai4CtbdFSUV2nTaA0CzPBuurzGssZ8Tf

The Grainy Nimbus will stay a couple of blocks in front of and above its target, firing short-ranged, piercing waves of sand that start from under itself and then quickly move forward. These only do 33% damage but can keep knocking crowds of enemies back, especially as you pile on the Nimbi!
They have much better mobility than the Spider minions do, despite moving a tad bit slower, but are not as good at moving down a single target, and are unable to angle their attack.
The only catch with these minions is that they are temporary, and will fade out after 45 seconds. They will become paler as they come closer to fading away, adopting the middle sprite at 15 seconds left, and the rightmost sprite at 5 seconds left.
Now crafted with 1 Forbidden Fragment, 8 Souls of Night, and a Desert Spirit Lamp.
The original recipe: 2 Forbidden Fragments, 12 Souls of Night, and a Desert Spirit Lamp.

I just lowered the Soul requirement a little, due to the extra item you need to obtain.
Crafted with 2 Forbidden Fragments and 12 Souls of Night.
  • Damage: 100 (Magic)
  • Knockback: 9 (Very Strong)
  • Mana Cost: 20
  • Use Time: 32 (Very Slow)
  • Velocity: 13
  • Pierce: 2
  • Fires a powerful gust of sand that will then fight for you as a minion.
  • Grainy Nimbus
    esxhmtETRI2oIoPSCtYK2gbCdn-my9mYmH2XNUNbzJc4RqpDn9OtY7ydt_A1CxM1z242Yrr7SVR_PkDIrHfYUfK7vt2SOdFvAJk5JNzSQSg-kOLbnn1jYLVFlFdXgs1sucYaupEO
    • These temporary sand clouds will knock foes about!
      [*] Minion Damage: 33 (Summon)
      [*] Minion Knockback: 6 (Average)
      [*] Minion Attack Rate: 1.33 seconds
      [*] Minion Pierce: Infinite
  • Sell: 4 Gold
Musta been wonderin’ where those Mystic Jades come from. Well, here’s your answer!
The Mini-boss of the Jungle Guardian Armor:

LITERALLY A MONKEY
2Fxc3nR-yFISAS7iJkqrIDFS6BQ-mjRuz13ksqtJuqgsr_A8HSuQEFvEnVHVLZp4J0gRdsNh6358QydL5GhXiFq79E-5P4uaejAdO0FG6kwS5ovJzaRtXTJtuqDczd4zn_pSPlLs

...with a sweet cloak.
This primate is incredibly intelligent for its species, which is in no small part due to the jade it possesses. Its magic allows the monkey to create a Nature’s Blessing aura on-demand, which strengthens itself and fellow creatures while purifying nearby terrain. Whereas the Ice Golem and Sand Elemental are large in stature and bring a lot of power to the table, the Guardian Monkey is smaller and fights with more strategy.

Found anywhere in the jungle during a clear day, Guardian Monkeys are most commonly spotted near contaminated jungle, attempting to ward off the evils with their jades. If they spot a player, they will immediately become alert and hop towards the nearest tree, or just away from you if none are in sight (they won’t target trees through blocks). They will continue to hop away from you if you get within 9 blocks of them, but will otherwise stay in place on the ground or on a tree and begin attacking. All of its attacks can be performed on the ground or a tree, though its knockback resistance grows heavily when hanging on a tree. The Guardian Monkey will be able to latch right back on to its tree in midair if it barely gets knocked off, and it otherwise can’t be interrupted mid-attack.

To attack, the Guardian Monkey will throw Poison Darts at the player every 0.9 seconds in a 42° spread, with one dart flying straight, and two darts flying 21° to either side. Once it falls under 35% HP, or there are at least 3 enemies nearby, the Guardian Monkey will pull out another Mystic Jade and create a Nature’s Blessing aura around itself, which is going to be your taste of how enemies feel around the Dryad. This aura grants the Guardian Monkey and creatures inside the aura 10 Defense, 4 HP/s Health Regeneration, and +16% Knockback Resistance, as well as a little green sparkly trail that follows behind them as they move. You, however, lose 1% of your Max HP every second and take a bit of extra knockback from attacks, meaning you suddenly have a lot less room to work with if you don’t think dying slowly is really for you. This aura lasts 15 seconds and has a radius of 20 blocks.
Health: 3,700
Damage: 52 on Contact, 42 from Poison Darts
Defense: 26
KB Resistance: 48%, 72% when on trees
Inflicts Poisoned
WWFQaXM.png
(100% chance from Poison Darts, 30 seconds) and Nature's Bane
Apnma34.png
(While in aura)
Drops:

1 Gold, 50 Silver
W4q3Wpk.png
100% chance
t1tOg39.png

Expert Mode Changes:
Is almost completely resistant to knockback while on trees.
The Poison Dart attack’s spread lowers to 36° (18° between each dart); they don’t receive a direct damage increase.
Nature’s Blessing aura lasts for 3 more seconds.
Occasionally throws Bananarangs instead of darts, which behave like a slightly-faster Combat Wrench with the same reach as the current Bananarangs. When they return to the Guardian Monkey, the monkey will then begin to eat it, healing for 15% HP after 1 second if you let it finish. After eating its banana, or after you knock it out of its hands with a well-aimed bullet, a banana peel will be flung out. The difference is that the Guardian Monkey will throw it at you if it finishes eating, while you shooting the banana out of the monkey’s hand will cause it to fly backwards.
cfK3EPp.png

Health: 4,800
Damage: 73 on Contact, 52 from Poison Darts, 85 from Bananarangs
Defense: 26
KB Resistance: 54%, 81% when on trees
Inflicts Poisoned
WWFQaXM.png
(100% chance from Poison Darts, 40 seconds) and Nature's Bane
Apnma34.png
(While in aura)

Master Mode Changes:
Completely immune to knockback when on trees.
Now tosses Heavy Darts instead of Poison Darts, which deal a LOT more damage instead of waiting for poison to do its thing.
Nature’s Blessing aura lasts for 1 more second, gains an additional 3 blocks of radius, and has ALL of its effects instead by 1.25x, including the damage against players.
The monkey can use its cape to glide straight at you, covering long distances incredibly quickly while slowly descending. It can attack during this, albeit at a 35% slower rate, and will take very little knockback, but if you can slow them down enough mid-air, they'll drop.
Health: 6,000
Damage: 94 on Contact and from Heavy Darts, 111 from Bananarangs
Defense 26
KB Resistance: 60%, 100% when on trees
Inflicts Nature's Bane
Apnma34.png
(While in aura)

nwzP6dg.png

Chlorophyte-Made Armors
These sets didn't go through an entire process and a half of change; I just tweaked their set bonuses.​
Armor TypeSet Bonus ChangesInsight on my Decisions
Chlorophyte Armor
wao, who woulda guessed
The Leaf Crystal's projectiles now go through walls and moderately home in.
There's not much to say about this change; it just makes it so the Leaf Crystal doesn't miss as often.
BItV6ik.png

Turtle Armor

Hey look the outline isn't completely desaturated now.
Its Thorns now deals a whopping 1,000% of what you took, and ignores half of enemy defense; however, it gets split evenly between all enemies within 20 blocks.
This change is made because Thorns in this game is just awful. It deals pitiful damage and only works against contact hits, making its worth heavily decrease as ranged enemy attacks become more common in Hardmode.
Now, the Thorns from this set will affect nearby enemies, letting it still do something if you get hit by a projectile. Thanks to how its damage gets split, it's also now good against both single targets AND crowds of enemies.

nwzP6dg.png

Other Armor
Not really "Miscellaneous", per se, but it's not "Costume Armor", either.​
HeadChestLegsSet BonusFull StatsInsight on my Decisions
G3fcCin.png

Pearlwood Armor

This might be meme-ier than the bucket.
2 Defense
+10% Magic Damage
3 Defense
+18% Casting Speed
2 Defense
+7% Magic Damage
+7% Casting Speed
+140 Maximum Mana7 Defense
+17% Magic Damage
+25% Casting Speed
+140 Maximum Mana
GLASS CANNOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!
Okay, seriously, this was easily the best and most fun option I could've honestly thought of. The defense is still on par with what a Hardmode wood armor would give, but the magic power is BLOWN outta proportion to create a hilariously powerful Glass armor!
If you're really good at dodging, this might honestly be a better option than most starting Hardmode armors!
4xstoPO.png

Crystal Assassin Armor

Ninja Armor, the Second.
12 Defense
+10% Critical Strike Chance
+8% Movement Speed
+8% Jump Height
14 Defense
+10% Damage
+8% Movement Speed
+8% Jump Height
10 Defense
+5% Critical Strike Chance
+5% Damage
+8% Movement Speed
+8% Jump Height
14% chance to evade and counter an attack with a tossed Crystal Cluster that is guaranteed to hit. The Cluster deals 150% damage and sends out 7 large shrapnel shards that each deal 30% damage.
The Cluster will go through blocks and move at an INCREDIBLE velocity, seeking out the biggest-health target on the screen to smash into.
36 Defense
+15% Critical Strike Chance
+15% Damage
+24% Movement Speed
+24% Jump Height
14% chance to evade and counter an attack with a sure-to-hit Crystal Cluster that releases shrapnel on impact
I decided to make this set improve overall agility while ALSO providing a hopefully-great example of a good When-Hurt effect! It fit thematically, and it gives this armor its own unique place in the game!

Queen Slime is difficult for what people expect her to be, but that's not at all a bad thing; just balance everything accordingly, and you have yourself a really fun and worthwhile Extra Boss fight! Appreciate the challenge you guys get in life!

nwzP6dg.png

Oh, my god, I think I took over a week just to get all of this on here.
OKAY, so, THANK you for reading through this massive :red:show of a suggestion. This is definitely not my best presentation, but I wanted to experiment, and also putting Tables in Spoilers takes more effort than it's worth with someone who edits posts as much as I do.
I want to credit a few folks, real quick, for helping me in some form:
Storm Diver
Allowed me to simply link to his suggestion for the PreHardmode Ore armors, since we practically had the same ideas.
Helped me with the Fossil Armor and other Ranged content.
His suggestion: WIP - Revamping Pre-hardmode Ore armour.
Jota Bame
Allowed me to use some ideas and concepts from his Rebalancing Mod (namely, changes to Hardmode Ore weapons) and gave me the idea for the Frost Armor's Set Bonus.
Helped me with balancing everything so much that I honestly feel bad.
His Mod, which is really good; check out it: tModLoader - Bame's Vanilla Rebalancing
Omega Derpling
Taught me about the existence of sundews, which gave me a visual concept to work with for the Mystic Jade Sentry.
Helped me with balancing.
Baconfry
Inspired me to do my own take on their idea of turning the Frost Armor into a Summoner Hybrid alongside the Forbidden Armor.
Wasn't actually involved with this, otherwise.
His suggestion: Rework of Frost armor + hybrid sets + debuffs

Last edited:
Where are all the comments? Great suggestion Bry! This is very well set up and must have taken a lot of time! my favorite armor rework is the Pearlwood :)

Up until I saw that Grainy Nimbus sprite, I thought this was just a random guy. Once I saw it though, deep down, I knew.

Anyway, great job again on the ideas!

Sorry, took to long to read
That’s not really constructive @Magi∆, or nice. If you don’t want to spend the time to read over the suggestion, you don’t have to, but if you’re going to comment on a suggestion it needs to be civil and constructive.

Back
Top Bottom