NPCs & Enemies Armor/Weapons on NPCS

laserwolfO7

Terrarian
I think it would be cool to give NPCs armor, and they get the defense. Perhaps you can upgrade their weapons, yet they only use a certain type of weapon, so that they don't die left and right in Master Mode. Perhaps you could select "Gear" and open a mannequin-like interface? Just thoughts. :p

I think it would be cool to give NPCs armor, and they get the defense. Perhaps you can upgrade their weapons, yet they only use a certain type of weapon, so that they don't die left and right in Master Mode. Perhaps you could select "Gear" and open a mannequin-like interface? Just thoughts. :p
Agreed. I'd like to expand upon this.
First of all, here's some logic behind it. It would give us reason to farm/mine more materials & drops at every stage of the game, to upgrade your NPC Army, and would make a viable use in combat for NPC's.
Adding the element of upgrading your townies as you progress through the game is very appealing.
I'm envisioning a playthrough where I rely heavily on the NPC's for events.
Would open up new possibilities for replay value, and arena building design.

Obviously you wouldn't want the NPC's to end up being as powerful as the player character.
so here's some options that I can see working well:

1. Maybe they only get a % of defense rating and % weapon dmg.
They should be limited to the same "class" of weapon that they start with (magic/melee/Bows/Guns/thrown)

2. Maybe they only get armor upgrades (no weapon or acc) but they get the full defense rating and bonuses to weapon stats (ROF/Dmg/Ammo consumption/Etc.)

Changing their vanity items would be awesome as well.

Would love to see something like this implemented and the ability to utilize NPC's for more that just occupying a cage for pylons/merchants.

Back
Top Bottom