tModLoader Arrival of the Blind Forest

Anyone else having issues with wings? I havn't had the issue before, so I'm not sure why they decided to suddenly appear as if on the side rather than the back when in flight...

Attachments

• wings bug.png
    wings bug.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 245
Anyone else having issues with wings? I havn't had the issue before, so I'm not sure why they decided to suddenly appear as if on the side rather than the back when in flight...
it appears i am going to have to put ori's layer even higher because apparently the first time i did it didnt work

i wont be making animations for swinging weapons, as the way i have it set up i'd have to make at least 90+ new animation frames and i don't think its worth all of that work. also, i might make it so using certain weapon types translates the weapon stats into attacks from will of the wisps

Thank you for this reply. I will wait for it, especially, if you would do this as a separate system, whish will be a completery new experience... And please, don't forget about Expert Mode features, because I want to go with this character, all the way up, until Supreme Calamitas (Yes, I use Calamity Mod, and yes, I am playing in Revengeance difficulty)...

Any estimate on when 2.2 will release?
I'm happy to say around a week ago, Fro Zen has allowed me to begin work on this mod. I've been helping out a lot, improving the backend, fixing most of multiplayer, improving most skills to behave more like Blind Forest's, and even adding a new thing. Due to also having to work a full time, my best estimate will be little over a week, maybe longer depending on how well things go. Many of the things I've listed are still in-progress.

Last edited:
I'm happy to say around a week ago, Fro Zen has allowed me to begin work on this mod. I've been helping out a lot, improving the backend, fixing most of multiplayer, improving most skills to behave more like Blind Forest's, and even adding new thing. Due to also having to work a full time, my best estimate will be little over a week, maybe longer depending on how well things go. Many of the things I've listed are still in-progress.
can confirm, credits will be added on the first build posted with this content

I really want this mod im a big Ori fan
[doublepost=1559400733,1559400657][/doublepost]And he is so cut on the previews
[doublepost=1559400784][/doublepost]i mean cute
[doublepost=1559401063][/doublepost]I really want it pls

Well, my estimate was a bit off, but we've updated to v2.2! Along with having other players properly show up as Spirit Guardians, and fixing movement to be more accurate to Blind Forest's, we've also added Sein! Sein is a minion that can be acquired early on. It may be weak at first, but as you progress throughout the game you'll have the opportunity to make Sein stronger by upgrading the summoning item.

Along with that, you're able to change your color using /oricolor. You can pick any color from black to white, to red and green and everywhere in-between, and it also shows up in multiplayer.

There's still many things we have planned, and certainly more bugs to fix.

---

After being released for a few hours, it turns out the mod is in desperate need of a hotfix for many bugs. Sorry about that. We'll see what we can do.

i think that was something i planned awhile ago and now i dont know if im gonna do that

i dont see why not since it basically prevents bosses from touching you and in the actual game you cant do that to bosses so if you wanna stay true to the real game itself...

Most of the bugs were fixed as of v2.2.2. There's still a few out there. Wall Charge Jump still isn't added to the mod, for those of you wondering. I'll try to add that as soon as I can.

The description wasn't quite clear about how Sein grows. Currently, it uses a summoning item that can be used as material with bars (with later upgrades also using Souls of Light) for a stronger version of that summoning item. At the time it was easier to make Sein work with items, but I've decided this should change. It feels too simple, too arbitrary. In the next "major" update, this will change so that Sein automatically upgrades whenever certain bosses are defeated. The items used to summon Sein will be removed (and refund the items spent to craft them).

i dont see why not since it basically prevents bosses from touching you.

One of our goals is to make Ori's movement fun to use, but we also want to avoid making the game too easy to complete. Bosses will not be bashable.

Last edited:
Most of the bugs were fixed as of v2.2.2. There's still a few out there. Wall Charge Jump still isn't added to the mod, for those of you wondering. I'll try to add that as soon as I can.

The description wasn't quite clear about how Sein grows. Currently, it uses a summoning item that can be used as material with bars (with later upgrades also using Souls of Light) for a stronger version of that summoning item. At the time it was easier to make Sein work with items, but I've decided this should change. It feels too simple, too arbitrary. In the next "major" update, this will change so that Sein automatically upgrades whenever a certain boss is defeated. The items used to summon Sein will be removed (and refund the items spent to craft them).

One of our goals is to make Ori's movement fun to use, but we also want to avoid making the game too easy to complete. Bosses will not be bashable.

Bosses being bashable is one of my major concern for obvious reasons as i think it ruins the Ori and the blind forest experience and makes the game too easy.

I am having a problem with the mod, as whenever I beat a boss it doesn't count and doesn't say for example: King slime has been defeated. And on the same note it never gives me a treasure bag when ever I defeat said boss

I am having a problem with the mod, as whenever I beat a boss it doesn't count and doesn't say for example: King slime has been defeated. And on the same note it never gives me a treasure bag when ever I defeat said boss
That bug should be fixed as of v2.2.4. In working on making some things scale based on the bosses defeated, I had to manage how loot was handled. In doing that, I forgot to put in two lines of code that made sure all the bosses I was not checking still dropped their loot (i.e. King Slime, queen bee, every mod boss)

I've noticed that after transforming the camera gets modified to smoothly follow, don't know if that a part of this mod or another one we have but if it is, is there a way to disable this as i personally cant stand having the effect stay after turning back.

Back
Top Bottom