tModLoader Arrival of the Blind Forest

Fro Zen

Spazmatism

glide.gif
flippy.gif

basharrow.gif

Originally created by Fro Zen, maintained and updated by Ilemni, pl752, and other contributors

Start by getting 10 wood and either an enchanted weapon or 3 basic movement accessories and craft a Spirit Sprout by hand. You can transform into a spirit by right clicking a placed sprout. Recipe Browser is highly recommended if you haven't got it already
Abilities can be obtained by using special Medallions, crafted with Iron or Lead. The base medallion can be enchanted with other materials, use the Guide or Recipe Browser to see them all.
Some of the moves require setting hotkeys in the options menu.

Sein will assist you on your journey. At the Spirit Sprout, use 8 Silver or Tungsten. As you continue your adventure, Sein will have the opportunity to grow stronger with you.

The mod can be downloaded on the Steam Workshop

A dedicated Discord server exists! Join it here:
Join the Arrival of the Blind Forest Discord Server!
If you have any issues with the mod, we will respond much quicker if you post in the Discord server.
This mod is open source, with a github page here. If anyone wants to add new features, feel free to join the Discord server for development assistance

The changelog here took too much space, check the Github page for a comprehensive changelog and git history

Moon Studios please dont kill me
All rights to properties and sound effects are owned by Moon Studios and Microsoft, all sprites originally created by Fro Zen, all code created by Fro Zen, Ilemni, and other contributors. Go buy Ori and the Blind Forest and Ori and the Will of the Wisps. And cry

Last edited:
damn this looks good
[doublepost=1536161039,1536160492][/doublepost]and when is this coming out in the tmodloader? or is it in already?

damn son.
is this forced on all players? i play with friends and im pretty sure im the only one amongst the group that wants to play as ori.

this is probably a stupid question but ok.

turning into ori will be a special process that can be done at the beginning, and gaining and powering up abilities will be done through killing bosses

welcome back to another episode of "orifan1 relays questions/concerns from his friends"
can ori use regular items?
will bash be avalible?

1. if it's weapons, im gonna make a system that replaces them with similarly powered versions of wotw weapons, otherwise all items work
2. yes

Last edited:
will this collide with overhaul's rework of player rendering?
pretty sure something like this would completely break with overhaul. overhaul has a habit of breaking alot of mods.

Even though I havn't played that game (Really should, sin me for not playing it), I like the concept of an alternative way of playing through Terraria. (Like you've not seen before)

overhaul compatibility is probably the very last thing i'd do, because it changes so much and im not the biggest fan of the mod anyways

overhaul compatibility is probably the very last thing i'd do, because it changes so much and im not the biggest fan of the mod anyways
General rule of thumb, only use ONE mod that overhauls the game. There are a few others that break with different mods quite badly, like kalciphozs rpg. I don't expect this mod to be any different considering what's been presented.

I wish you the best in making it happen!

shame about overhaul. and just as i was getting the hang of using the arkhalis, too. :(

can we get an ETA on at least a playable demo of the mod?

Even though I havn't played that game (Really should, sin me for not playing it), I like the concept of an alternative way of playing through Terraria. (Like you've not seen before)
congratulations. welcome to spare squadron. check in time is now, check out time is when you've worked off your crimes.
/joke

jokes aside, i honestly dont think a remake of Ori and the Blind Forest in terraria is do-able.

Last edited:
shame about overhaul. and just as i was getting the hang of using the arkhalis, too. :(

can we get an ETA on at least a playable demo of the mod?

congratulations. welcome to spare squadron. check in time is now, check out time is when you've worked off your crimes.
/joke

jokes aside, i honestly dont think a remake of Ori and the Blind Forest in terraria is do-able.
I think he can atleast try, I mean look that awesome player-sprite override!

im terrible at making schedules, but i am almost finished getting all of the moves implemented and thats when ill put an open beta, but it wont have the swimming mechanics like the game yet and the skill tree wont be there yet

I think he can atleast try, I mean look that awesome player-sprite override!
without going into spoilers: you just simply cant
going into spoilers, a 100% accurate recreation of OatBF wouldnt be feasable mainly due to the primary antagonist, kuro. unlike Ori and the Will of The Wisps, there's no "bossfights" in OatBF. the closest to such a thing are the dungeon escape sequences, the 2 stealth segments involving kuro, and the final "boss" of OatBF, which is just you running from kuro as mount horu erupts.
another issue is the puzzles. theres quite a bit of puzzles in the game that require slapping around a physics object with bash.

besides, the original will always be better than a remake in terraria. just play that and maybe you'll be let out of spare squadron ear- oh nope nvm AWACS bandog is giving me the finger i guess not

im terrible at making schedules, but i am almost finished getting all of the moves implemented and thats when ill put an open beta, but it wont have the swimming mechanics like the game yet and the skill tree wont be there yet
does that include the DLC moves as well (light dash and light toss) or are you saving that for a future build?

without going into spoilers: you just simply cant
going into spoilers, a 100% accurate recreation of OatBF wouldnt be feasable mainly due to the primary antagonist, kuro. unlike Ori and the Will of The Wisps, there's no "bossfights" in OatBF. the closest to such a thing are the dungeon escape sequences, the 2 stealth segments involving kuro, and the final "boss" of OatBF, which is just you running from kuro as mount horu erupts.
another issue is the puzzles. theres quite a bit of puzzles in the game that require slapping around a physics object with bash.

besides, the original will always be better than a remake in terraria. just play that and maybe you'll be let out of spare squadron ear- oh nope nvm AWACS bandog is giving me the finger i guess not

does that include the DLC moves as well (light dash and light toss) or are you saving that for a future build?
Mate, this is TERRARIA, we can do something called "Improvising"
If Fro Zen at some point makes a Kuro boss, even though it's not source accurate, that'd make the experence all around better.

...I better play this game before this mod is finished 0_0

Back
Top Bottom