NPCs & Enemies Artificial Intelligent (Brain of Cthulhu's Mechanical Version)

Storm Dragonica

Terrarian
I've been wondering why Brain of Cthulhu never appeared as a mechanical boss variant when it's sibling, the Eater of Worlds appeared as The Destroyer. The Eye of Cthulhu and Skeletron, being The Twins and Skeleton Prime. The Brain of Cthulhu is basically left out!

There should be a hard mode Brain of Cthulhu variant, joining it's other squad members.

DISCLAIMER : I'm not sure if this is allowed or not, I haven't find anything regarding this suggestion being rejected in the rules and regulations thread. So please excuse me for not knowing if threads like this are usually closed.

APPEARANCE

The Artificial Intelligence looks like the Martian Saucer, with the brain inside it, minus all those guns and stuff, a few light bulbs on the glass closing of the Artifical Intelligence.

Before it arrives, you'll get the notification : "You felt time and space getting distorted," and when it arrives, "Artificial Intelligence have travelled through time and space to you!". When it appears, the world will be distorted like a black hole, then it is thrusts outwards like a white hole, within it, pops up Artificial Intelligence.

BASIC INFORMATION

Artificial Intelligence is another mechanical boss for crimson worlds, you can still make it's sibling, The Destroyer, but due to the Destroyer requiring Rotten Chunks, it's impossible to be made for those that don't want to cheese to other worlds when their world contains only the Crimson.

You'll still unlock Plantera when you defeat 3 mechanical bosses, you don't need to defeat all.

Oh, also it drops Mechanical Wagon Piece, just like the Destroyer.

STATS

Type : Enemy
A.I : Artificial Intelligence's A.I
HP : 20.000/30.000
Damage : Depending on attack
Defense : 20/30 (expert mode)|50/75(When charging)

PHASES AND ATTACKS

The Artificial Intelligence has two phases, three in Expert Mode Each of them comes with special attacks and ability :

PHASE 1

Artificial Intelligence retains their form (The U.F.O-like form described above). They usually hover above you.

>Dash
Artificial Intelligence dashes towards you. Increasing their defense to 50, while dealing a damage of 50/80. (Note the damage on the left is normal mode, while the one on the right is for Expert Mode), pierce through blocks.

>Charge beam
Artificial Intelligence let out a beep, before 1 second later, shooting a beam of energy downwards, if you're below it, you're so dead. It deals a damage of 80/120.

>Laser Ray
Artificial Intelligence shot a long ray beam from it's core to you, dealing 40/60 damage while pulling you to it, dealing touch damage of 30/45. If you're unlucky, it can pull you then dash. Dealing more damage.

The Artificial Intelligence is not that aggressive in phase 1... yet.

PHASE 2

Artificial Intelligence will once again distort the world with the black hole distortion, seemingly fading away, then appear the similar fashion, this time with 4 guns, 2 on each side. Yo can also see that the glass cover is slightly cracked. The Artificial Intelligence also have an electric shield that increases it's defense to 30(40 in expert mode) and makes it receive 75% of homing projectiles' damage, similar to the Lunatic Cultist.

>Dash
Artificial Intelligence will dash more often. Pierce through blocks.

>Laser Ray
Less frequent

>Charge Beam
Less frequent, but deals more damage (100/140)

>Barrage of Beam
Shot a barrage of laser beams, each dealing 25/35 damage each.

>Life Drain
Artificial Intelligence shoot a laser ray from each of it's gun. Getting hit with drain your HP by 5 every second you're in the ray, isn't affected by invicibility prolonging accessories/damage invicibility. Can be blocked by blocks. Every time you are drained of 5 HP, it will heal the A.I. by 25 HP. 5 times the amount of HP stolen from you. In Expert Mode, the attack pierce through blocks.

Once it's HP is zero, it will hover in the air for 5 seconds, before exploding, distorting the world once again and it's item is scattered. Unless you're in Expert Mode, where you enter Phase 3.

PHASE 3

When you thought the boss is dead. Suddenly, it spins wildly, distorting the world once again, and stopped, the glass covering have been destroyed, the machine is partially damaged, some of it's tentacles are seen. The brain revealed it's heart (with it's eyes). You encountered it's final form.

In this phase, the brain will distort the world continuously, it's more distorted the further down it's health.

It starts from just the simple black hole-ish distortion, to the white-hole-ish distortion, to a distortion similar to disrupted water, then finally, crystal distortion, where your body is like split, head here, sword there, etc.

The brain will have 14 defense, like it's counterpart. It's health is more than it's counterpart though, being 2500.

The brain will lose it's immunity to projectiles, and it's now immune to melee.

>Dash
Still deals the same damage, as frequent as Phase 2, pierce through blocks.

>Neurons
This is basically a larger scale of Necromancer's attack, but with a warning, a red line pops out as a warning where the rays of blue will hit. It deals 50 damage once you got hit, pierce through blocks.

>Laser Barrage
laser in every direction, seems fun. Deals 35 damage each.

>Life Drain
Now with 8 of the laser rays! Pierce through blocks.

Once you defeat it. It will finally get absorbed back in a black hole and the drops appeared from it.

DROPS

>Hallowed Bars (20-40) - 100%
>Soul of Insight (20-40) - 100%
>Artificial Intelligence's Trophy- 14.29%
>Greater Healing Potion (5-15) - 100%
>Treasure Bag (Expert Mode) - 100%
>Gold (12) - 100%

Treasure Bag :
>Hallowed Bars (20-35) - 100%
>Soul of Insight (25-40) - 100%
>Gold (12) - 100%
>A.I. Mask - 14.29%
>Mechanical Wagon Piece - 100%
>Life Draining Laser - 12.5%[/SPOILER]

NEW ITEMS

>Mechanical Brain
15 Vertebrae + 5 Soul of Light + 5 Soul of Night

To summon Artificial Intelligence.

>Soul of Insight
From Artificial Intelligence

>A.I Mask/A.I Trophy
From Artificial Intelligence

>Life Draining Laser
From Artificial Intelligence or 10 Soul of Insight + 5 Life Crystal + 10 Ruby in a Mithril/Orichalcum anvil.

>Trackshark
20 Soul of Insight + Minishark + 5 Shark Fins + Illegal Gun Parts in a Mythril/Orichalcum anvil.

Shoots a homing bullet similar to Chlorophyte bullets, have a lower use time than Megashark to balance it. deals the same damage than Megashark (24).

>Tracking Disc
4 Hallowed Bars + 4 Soul of Night + 4 Soul of Insight

Tracking Disc is also stackable, like Light Disc, except they lack the ability to bounce, but in return, they home at enemies.

>Strategic Emblem (Desktop)
Any emblem + 5 Soul of Sight + 5 Soul of Insight + 5 Soul of Fright
It gives 40% extra mana of your current mana, 10% increased melee speed, ranged speed, mana regeneration, health regeneration and overall speed.

CHANGE IN RECIPE
>Pickaxe Ax
18 Hallowed Bars + Souls of Insight + Soul of Fright + Soul of Sight

The Drax still have the same recipe.

>Dragon Breastplate and Greaves (Mobile, Console, 3DS)
Can use both Soul of Might or Soul of Insight

>Keys (Mobile, Console)
Can use both Soul of Might or Soul of Insight

ACHIEVEMENT

>Mecha Mayhem

Fight Artificial Intelligence, Skeleton Prime and The Twins at the same time.

>More Intelligent Than Ever

Defeat Artificial Intelligence, the intelligent time-space traveler.

>Combat Combo

Have both Soul of Might and Soul of Insight in your inventory.

Thanks for reading, feel free to reply any balances to make this boss balanced.

(I hope this won't be closed like my other thread)

Last edited:
It should still drop Souls of Might, not a new soul. Also, I think it should have the same crafting recipe as the Mechanical Worm, just called a Mechanical Brain instead, and it uses Vertebrae instead of Rotten Chunks.

Also, the Mech Boss's Expert gimmick is that they drop Mechanical Cart pieces. But this one... doesn't?

It should still drop Souls of Might, not a new soul. Also, I think it should have the same crafting recipe as the Mechanical Worm, just called a Mechanical Brain instead, and it uses Vertebrae instead of Rotten Chunks.

Also, the Mech Boss's Expert gimmick is that they drop Mechanical Cart pieces. But this one... doesn't?
This can be a boss you fight after defeating the three mech bosses. Similar or stronger difficulty level as plantera. IDK.

There is? Gotta go check at wiki.
[doublepost=1497314436,1497314055][/doublepost]
Those are some thick white lettering

I like bolds.

This can be a boss you fight after defeating the three mech bosses. Similar or stronger difficulty level as plantera. IDK.

Or, it can just be the same tier.

Regardless, it could still work.

I've seen posts like this before. But I feel like this needs some more attention.
Thanks.

I really like this idea, but it needs a cooler name. Something epic. Something like.... The mastermind... Nah, too corny.
Too corny- wait, you just said that.

Artificial Intelligence is already epic, rather than the original name I honestly come out with, "The Super Ultra Epic Brain of Laser Life Drain Booms U.F.O Thing".

:D Artificial Intelligence IS epic, I was merely making a joke. That's the best name I've heard for a mechanical BoC yet. You should hear some other ones I've heard on youtube videos.

I like the whole Mechanical Brain boss idea. I hope this gets seen by staff.
A new mechanical boss would call for a new soul, and the soul of insight is a good one to go with it.

This is pretty darn nice. My only suggestion is that insight sounds too much like the soul of sight. But no other words with -ihgt would work any better (all souls in the game end in this afterall). Otherwise this is pretty darn good.

This is pretty darn nice. My only suggestion is that insight sounds too much like the soul of sight. But no other words with -ihgt would work any better (all souls in the game end in this afterall). Otherwise this is pretty darn good.
I couldn't find any -ight that is related to intelligence. So I just took Insight.

Back
Top Bottom