NPCs & Enemies Ascended NPCs and Items idea

Godlyhaxx

Terrarian
These are a few ideas i had when i was asleep.

This is kind of like an event, but not, its really just a buffed lunar event, out of order

This is NOT completed yet, please comment any changes/suggestions i should make.

There is 5 Bosses in mind so far
Tonality

Appearence:
A little bit bigger than the player, Holds a guitar (6 strings) strings are colored like a rainbow, (top string is red, 2nd string is orange, 3rd string is yellow, etc) also has giant wings, idk about the main body atm
Summoned via a celestial guitar (non consumable) - 20 of each fragment, 10 lunar bars, 1 guitar (made with 15 wood at crafting table)
Normal Mode:
40 Defense
145000 HP

Goes through these attacks:
1. strikes guitar and 6 pellets drop to the ground, which turns into vines/lines that move quickly, each color using there own effects (Tonality is invulnerable while these are alive)
red vine/line = On Fire debuff 1700HP
orange vine/line = Broken armor debuff 700HP
yellow vine/line = ichor debuff 1700HP
green vine/line = cursed flames debuff 1700HP
blue vine/line = electrified debuff 500HP
Purple vine/line = Venom debuff 700HP
For each vine/line alive, Tonality doesnt take 15% damage (if all 6 vines are alive, 90% damage will be taken away)

2. Dashes a great distance, dropping many rainbow drops mid dashes, when they hit a tile or entitly they explode into many more little rainbow drop (platforms effect this) (in bursts 1-5, more frequent as HP gets lower
3. Strums guitar, and launches rainbow waves
4. Tuners launch ancient doom's at the player (place holder)
5. Every 23K HP lost a string breaks off and summons a musical elemental
these don't take damage, but they do act like hostile npcs, which will make homing projectiles go to it
I'm going to refer the colors and designated powers to the string colors

Red string.. creates a red musical elemental, associated with the fire element
attacks:
it launches fire balls at the player
it circles around the player with embers shooting in all directions

orange string.. creates a orange musical element, a weaker, but more annoying fire element
attacks:
shoots 10-15 quick moving homing embers with 100 HP
fires 6 lasers in 360 degrees that explode into 5 more lasers (that ignore tiles)

yellow string.. creates a yellow musical element, an energy element
attacks:
drops 10 pods all over the ground that beams huge lasers into the sky
creates an orb over itself, that shoots a tile ignoring laser that goes 360 degrees

green string.. creates a green musical element, a toxin element
attacks
place giant toxic clouds everywhere that last 5 seconds, then place elsewhere
drops a syringe from the sky onto the player that gives a random debuff

when Tonaility dies, all of the musical elementals turn to shards and shoot themselves into No name which turns no name into a glowing white ball with the shards pointing out of the ball
The shards fire out of the ball and disappear into an explosion, the white ball fades, and the loot drops from it

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Bry
There's uh no name atm

Appearance:
A little bit bigger than the player. Holds a guitar (6 strings), strings are colored like a rainbow (top string is red, 2nd string is orange, 3rd string is yellow, etc), also has giant wings, idk about the main body, low IQ.
Summoned via a Celestial Guitar - 20 of each fragment, 10 lunar bars, 1 guitar (made with 15 wood at crafting table)
Normal Mode:
40 Defense
145000 HP

Goes through these attacks:
1. Strikes guitar and 6 pellets drop to the ground, which turn into vines/lines that move quickly, each color using their own effects ("No name" is invulnerable while these are alive)
Red vine/line = On Fire debuff 5000HP
Orange vine/line = Broken armor debuff 2000HP
Yellow vine/line = Ichor debuff 5000HP
Green vine/line = Cursed Flames debuff 5000HP
Blue vine/line = Electrified debuff 1500HP
Purple vine/line = Venom debuff 2000HP

2. Dashes a great distance, dropping many rainbow drops mid-dash; when they hit a tile or entity (platforms affect this), they explode into many more little rainbow drops (in bursts of 1-5, more frequent as HP gets lower)
3. Strums guitar, and launches rainbow waves
4. Uses guitar tuners to fire Ancient Dooms
5. Every 23K HP lost, a string breaks off and summons a Musical Elemental
When 'No name' dies, all of the musical elementals turn to shards and shoot themselves into No name which turns no name into a glowing white ball with the shards pointing out of the ball
The shards fire out of the ball and disappear into an explosion, the white ball fades, and the loot drops from it
Oh my god I love the idea of this first boss. Maybe I'm biased when it comes to artistic/color-themed characters, but I'm a huge fan of the attacks. I do have some comments, though:
  • First one's actually not related to the attacks, but the recipe for the Summon Item; it seems a bit unnecessarily expensive. You'd have to keep fighting both the Lunar Events AND the Moon Lord to keep attempting to fight this boss, which stops being fun after a while (I think). I think you should figure out a way to encounter this boss naturally, and then change the crafting recipe of the Summon Item into something a little less grindy.
  • Moving onto attacks, the vine idea sounds cool (it reminds me a bit of one of Marx's attacks from Kirby Super Star), but the fact that they both have so much health and make the boss invincible while present makes the attack really powerful. The boss already has a ton of health (and defense), so this would just serve to pad out the boss to the point of tediousness. If you wanna remedy this issue while keeping the initial concept intact, my suggestion is to cut each vine's health by three quarters, and make each of them absorb 15% of the damage you deal to the main boss.
    • You can choose to either keep attacking the boss (and have the vines slowly die while being in the way), or you can divert your attention away from the boss for a moment to focus your attacks onto the vines.
  • Wait, actually, I just remembered the Jungle's Snatchers exist. Are THOSE what the vines act like? My mind immediately went to Marx, but then I realized that that attack is nothing like what you described.
  • The rainbow drop attack is good, but the Ancient Doom attack threw me for a loop. It's, uh, kind of a stark contrast to the other attacks, wouldn't ya say? Unless that was the point, anyways, but even so, I dunno if you wanna reuse attacks from other bosses like that. I don't know what you could replace it with right now, but if you haven't come up with a new idea by the time I do (if I even can, anyways), I can shoot you it.
  • I imagine the Musical Elementals are where the "This is NOT completed yet" comes into play. I'll wait to see what you do with them before providing any commentary.
  • Lastly, how does "Tonality" sound, as a potential name for your boss? I don't know if you've come up with one since Tuesday, but I thought I'd suggest one just in case.

Oh my god I love the idea of this first boss. Maybe I'm biased when it comes to artistic/color-themed characters, but I'm a huge fan of the attacks. I do have some comments, though:
  • First one's actually not related to the attacks, but the recipe for the Summon Item; it seems a bit unnecessarily expensive. You'd have to keep fighting both the Lunar Events AND the Moon Lord to keep attempting to fight this boss, which stops being fun after a while (I think). I think you should figure out a way to encounter this boss naturally, and then change the crafting recipe of the Summon Item into something a little less grindy.
  • Moving onto attacks, the vine idea sounds cool (it reminds me a bit of one of Marx's attacks from Kirby Super Star), but the fact that they both have so much health and make the boss invincible while present makes the attack really powerful. The boss already has a ton of health (and defense), so this would just serve to pad out the boss to the point of tediousness. If you wanna remedy this issue while keeping the initial concept intact, my suggestion is to cut each vine's health by three quarters, and make each of them absorb 15% of the damage you deal to the main boss.
    • You can choose to either keep attacking the boss (and have the vines slowly die while being in the way), or you can divert your attention away from the boss for a moment to focus your attacks onto the vines.
  • Wait, actually, I just remembered the Jungle's Snatchers exist. Are THOSE what the vines act like? My mind immediately went to Marx, but then I realized that that attack is nothing like what you described.
  • The rainbow drop attack is good, but the Ancient Doom attack threw me for a loop. It's, uh, kind of a stark contrast to the other attacks, wouldn't ya say? Unless that was the point, anyways, but even so, I dunno if you wanna reuse attacks from other bosses like that. I don't know what you could replace it with right now, but if you haven't come up with a new idea by the time I do (if I even can, anyways), I can shoot you it.
  • I imagine the Musical Elementals are where the "This is NOT completed yet" comes into play. I'll wait to see what you do with them before providing any commentary.
  • Lastly, how does "Tonality" sound, as a potential name for your boss? I don't know if you've come up with one since Tuesday, but I thought I'd suggest one just in case.
Thank you for your suggestions, i like the name, i'll use it. I don't particularly like the idea of the idea of the boss spawning naturally. the spawn item wont be consumable. The vines are supposed to be kind of like these
seemingly endless and in the way, but i like your recommendation, i thought they were a bit OP too
The ancient doom is a placeholder, really just big balls that home

Before you finish the suggestion, just a little tip: Don't make bosses too complicated.

The current GuitarGuy already has 5 completely different attacks, without counting everything the Musical elementals can do. That's not too bad since i've seen Fanmade bosses that go completely overboard with as many complex things as possible, but keep things simple. Most bosses in this game don't have more than 2-3 attacks per phase.

Lastly the boss attacks seem a bit... random. The boss is a guitarist, but he attacks with Vines, Ancient Dooms and Rainbows? There doesn't seem to be a pattern there, seems like he just spawns random things with his guitar.

Before you finish the suggestion, just a little tip: Don't make bosses too complicated.

The current GuitarGuy already has 5 completely different attacks, without counting everything the Musical elementals can do. That's not too bad since i've seen Fanmade bosses that go completely overboard with as many complex things as possible, but keep things simple. Most bosses in this game don't have more than 2-3 attacks per phase.

Lastly the boss attacks seem a bit... random. The boss is a guitarist, but he attacks with Vines, Ancient Dooms and Rainbows? There doesn't seem to be a pattern there, seems like he just spawns random things with his guitar.
its ment to be an elemental guitarist i guess, alot of ways of identifying elements is through color, thus the rainbow, the Vines are just a from of attack, same with the ancient dooms (still a place holder)

Back
Top Bottom