Biomes & Nature Ashwood Tree

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
It's as simple as an idea for a new type of tree that would grow in Hell. (Yep. It sounds weird, but hear me out.) I originally had this idea in Baconfry's suggestion for Hell Cinders, but I thought I would give it its own thread since it can be implemented separately.

The gist of the idea is to have naturally appearing Ashwood Trees spawn in the barren wastelands in the outer regions of the Underworld where Hell towers don't appear. They would drop Ashwood, which can be placed, crafted into furniture, and would also have its own set of equipment. This equipment would be the same power as Pearlwood equipment. The tree itself would by ash-gray with fiery autumn-orange leaves. Furniture... well, just try to imagine Spooky crossed with Gothic furniture and you've pretty much got the picture.

Just like with all of the other types of trees, you can plant your own Ashwood Trees by planting an Acorn in Ash Blocks. (If it can grow magical lava flowers, there's no reason they can't grow trees. ;))

Well, I guess that's it. Feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:
It could get multiple horns I support this as it would help differentiate hell
as for ash it makes sense that it could support life ashen soils are actually some of the best soils in the world one of the reasons so many people live in volcanic lands some plants in fact can only grow on volcanic ash!

Sprites! (Thanks a lot, @Vikri!)
Ashwood Tree.png
Ashwood armor.png
Ashwood.png

Ashwood Trees would be cool. Support. Maybe the set bonus gives you lava or at least fire block immunity? That'd be cool.

Ashwood Trees would be cool. Support. Maybe the set bonus gives you lava or at least fire block immunity? That'd be cool.
The fire block immunity would be cool (and it shouldn't be broken as who would use wood armor teh lava imunity seesm too much as it interfires w/ lava charm and its tinkers... as well as the obsidian rose no one uses...
hold on this just gave me an idea...

Soon i will PM you ALL the furniture sprites!
and use them in the weekly spriting contest of course!

Last edited:
I decided to move the sprites by Vikri to my suggestion for Ionwood in my Meteor biome suggesion.

If you were wondering, that's where they went. :)

I'm as neutral as Switzerland about this.
There's already hell-based furniture, so meh about that. Don't really need another low stats wooden armour either.
But some people are hardcore builders, so I wouldn't deny them another building material and the sprites are nice. :)

Extremely unnecessary. Hell doesn't need trees, for all we know some of the ash in hell was wood. Also wood armor has always been useless unless copper is unavailable. People already don't Pearlwood and find harvesting and turning it into armor a waste of time.

Extremely unnecessary. Hell doesn't need trees,
That's an extremely arbitrary opinion. -_-
for all we know some of the ash in hell was wood.
In the context of a game with magic (and the ability to drink bottled water underwater to recover from drowning), this argument is invalid.
Also wood armor has always been useless unless copper is unavailable.
:rolleyes: As if it doesn't entirely depend on how much defense it has. (It does.)

Seeing as Ashwood would have more defense than Copper or Tin, it is still a viable option as long as someone doesn't want to have to mine up craptons of Iron or Lead.
People already don't Pearlwood and find harvesting and turning it into armor a waste of time.
That's because it's Hardmode. The only way you can get Pearlwood armor is if you are either a) extremely skilled, or b) wearing better armor already. All you would have to do to get Ashwood armor is dig a hellevator and tread cautiously. Next to killing the WoF, just getting to Hell is a far more achievable goal.

Back
Top Bottom