Ask a Derpling anything.

King Bob was elected the new king, as the Old King wasn't doing his job anymore and was quite unpopular. The Derplings gave him a summary of the necessary duties and allowed him to depose the Old King.
I'll send a link to the thread where you find him, for good measure.

King Bob was elected the new king, as the Old King wasn't doing his job anymore and was quite unpopular. The Derplings gave him a summary of the necessary duties and allowed him to depose the Old King.
Oh. Ok! Thank you! A Toxic Sludge can get kind of isolated down here in the Caverns!

The higher beings ARE humans. They exist on a higher level of reality then us, so we are unable to send derplings to spy for us.

No, I am only able to control Terrarians as they were specifically created to be controlled. There are certain other creatures I can control in a different way, though. Slimes being an example. They began as failed derpling experiments, but now serve as our scouting drones. Rather than control them directly with my own mind, I send them remote instructions.
wait what? we were failed experiments? like, we didn't mean to exist?

wait what? we were failed experiments? like, we didn't mean to exist?
Yes, although it was less a failed experiment and more a "Hmm, I wonder what would happen if I gave sludge a lattice of neurons and the ability to hold it's shape?"

The first slime was developed in the Dungeon (our abandoned laboratory) and used for security purposes.

Yes, although it was less a failed experiment and more a "Hmm, I wonder what would happen if I gave sludge a lattice of neurons and the ability to hold it's shape?"

The first slime was developed in the Dungeon (our abandoned laboratory) and used for security purposes.
how did us Toxic Sludges come to be?

how did us Toxic Sludges come to be?
We experimented with giving slimes a face, and Toxic Sludges were the first successful result. They also are much more suited to the Hardmode Underground, because they can see in the dark. The only other slime variant that normally has eyes are Hoppin' Jacks.

We experimented with giving slimes a face, and Toxic Sludges were the first successful result. They also are much more suited to the Hardmode Underground, because they can see in the dark. The only other slime variant that normally has eyes are Hoppin' Jacks.
have you met Mr Mimic? He is quite nice. I also met Ice mimic! He is nice too.

have you met Mr Mimic? He is quite nice. I also met Ice mimic! He is nice too.
Mimics are odd little creatures. I do wish I knew how they came into existence.
I have met Ice Mimic before, (he actually asked me a question on here) but I haven't really met any of his relatives.

If you were not the Keeper of Knowledge, what class of Derpling would you want to be?
Well, I was a researcher before, I would enjoy being that again.

Although, researchers are yellow now instead of green, so I wouldn't be the most efficient one.

Perhaps I would be best adapted to being an inventor instead.

:eek: I'm going to stay right here in the Sanctum of Knowledge, thank you very much.

Plus, only my neurosystem is still organic anymore, I look more like a robotic derpling than a green one at this point.
Really! You are more mechanical than me and I'm a mechanical boss

Back
Top Bottom