Ask a Derpling anything.

Are you just giant blue fleas? :dryadnaughty:
we have a deal with the Zoologist, she doesn't spoil our secrets to the more "ignorant" Terrarians, and we give her all the knowledge she could ever want about creatures native to the Archipelago.

I don't know what you mean, where did you get that idea?
What do you think would happen if they did have access to the newest version?
The DCU's implemented modifications that have happened since v2.0 are:
  • Able to mine targeted blocks and pull them in instantaneously, making it far more effective than v2.0 for most purposes.
  • Is able to enter "phase" mode, which makes the pilot and device immune to damage and allows them to ignore solid objects (can't mine while doing this yet, but we're making progress on that.)
  • Smaller and less cumbersome than v2.0.
  • Once the safety is turned off, it's capable of mining and disintigrating entities as well, though we haven't found any real reason to use that function yet.
  • Is able to become a modular extension for other devices, allowing other vehicles to use it as a separate tool, though it isn't quite as effective and can't use functions other than mining blocks while it's in this mode.
The Terrarians would have a field day with the ability to do any of this, so we're making sure that they can't have any methods of getting their hands on it. The resulting damage to the islands would be ludicrous. We're starting to become less concerned it'll fall into their hands though, because the Terrarian Plane seems to be entering an era of dimensional stability.

What are the fossils in the underground desert of?
We've neglected to focus on them, but we theorize they're a compound secreted by Basilisks to distract intruders. Which... makes fossil armor a little disgusting, doesn't it?
So what happens when a new one is made And how are there seemingly infinite amounts of the same ones?
The Terrarian Planet has several islands that already exist there, and also seems to grow in size occasionally without increasing mass. New islands are added when the existing ones have run out...

But it is concerning that the planet is expanding without it's mass or density seemingly being affected in the slightest. It could mean that it's only a matter of time before it collapses on itself through lack of support... If that ever becomes the case, the Derplings will have to create a new planet which doesn't have the already "deleted" islands.

so, the nebula arcanum shoots out crushed fallen stars? (read the tooltip)
You're very close. They're rifts in reality connected directly to black holes, which work a little differently in the Terrarian Plane than other worlds, but are still dead stars. It can be considered more of a "dark" version of other creations powered by Astral energy.

what is chlorophyte? Is it a plant, a metal, both? is it alive? why do the bullets chase stuff?
It's the Core of Life's method of attempting to stop the Six, which means it's probably both. It's definitely alive, and it probably has some degree of awareness, which is why the bullets target enemies.

so...your saying that if I attach a chlorophyte bullet to a machine so that it could talk and move stuff, It would essentially be a person?

so...your saying that if I attach a chlorophyte bullet to a machine so that it could talk and move stuff, It would essentially be a person?
...that's very weird, but it would probably work if you somehow had a way to translate it's thoughts and will into electricity. It would probably be better to design an object specifically made for the job out of chlorophyte instead. It also might not necessarily be intelligent.

Back
Top Bottom