Ask a Derpling anything.

Okay, so you don't know about this? *has Zapinator in hand*
I do. I assume you are holding the significantly weaker prototype for the current one. It shoots green lasers as opposed to the final version's blue, correct?
what about this *holds scrapped zenith in hand*
sigh. Yet another sword... You terrarians never seem to lose your fascination with those. They aren't even that strong. If it weren't for the Zenith, they would be considered among the most underwhelming weapons wielded by your kind.

I assure you that this is the most powerful version of the Zapinator. rapid firing 50 damage green lasers for a relatively low mana cost.

I assure you that this is the most powerful version of the Zapinator. rapid firing 50 damage green lasers for a relatively low mana cost.
I prefer the version which randomly decides to do 1000 damage in a single hit and can hit the same target a ridiculous number of times with one projectile, thank you.

I do. I assume you are holding the significantly weaker prototype for the current one. It shoots green lasers as opposed to the final version's blue, correct?

sigh. Yet another sword... You terrarians never seem to lose your fascination with those. They aren't even that strong. If it weren't for the Zenith, they would be considered among the most underwhelming weapons wielded by your kind.
the final version is worse.they are slow and unpredictable.

But that new zapinator relies of random chance. My Zapinator has much higher dps, especially whilst wearing Spectral Armor.
Random Chance is more interesting than the space gun but high pitched. I judge weapons not on power, but on overall uniqueness. If I judged weapons on power I would just give away every weapon the Derplings wield.

What is your most powerful piece of technology?
“Power” is a bit subjective. If you mean for defeating foes, probably the spherenuke, if you mean for cleansing areas of corruption, the Shadowburner would be the best there. The most consistently powerful thing in our possession is the Nanoprism though, it’s a very good power source and can even be used as a weapon if you discharge its energy properly.
Have I ever killed you?
If you mean my Terrarians, then no. However you’ve been a very good distraction in the fight to the point that your brother has killed them a few times.
How would you interact with 2.5D games (and different types of them), such as Paper Mario, Doom, etc.?
It depends on if the dimension is able to house three dimensional beings or not. If it can, we can send in a three dimensional vessel which can house our consciousness just as our normal two dimensional bodies can. If it can’t, we can simply travel there. We usually just tend to observe and study those dimensions though, as it could be dangerous for us to influence them.
Additionally, as of recently we’ve been more focused on filling in the missing gaps in our knowledge about our homeworls instead of researching other dimensions anyway.

why is your race called derpling?
The exact reason is not known, however I theorize it was likely a joking term that another intelligent race gave us (like the Furred Dragons or Terrarians) after we lost our draconic nature.
Is the Torch God and the Empress of Light related somehow? What about Providence?
The Torch God is related but not in the way you think. It’s a smaller aspect of a higher being so powerful that it’s said to be one of the architects of the Terrarian planet, which would mean that it possibly created her (there are other higher beings at his level of power however, which could have done so as well.)

Going out of character for this one: Providence is actually not part of the Derplore anymore, as I’ve moved away from all references to Calamity aside from that it exists and Terrarians have varying degrees of control over it. Unfortunately there’s so many messages in here and the Derplore has been evolving for so long that, while it’s rare, some of them might contradict the current version of it.

Does Derpling-kind have any correlation with the Torch god or Empress of light? What religions do your kind follow, if there is any? Was there information the Terrarian Bestiary had that Derpling-kind had not known yet?

Back
Top Bottom