Ask a Derpling anything.

That wouldn't be able to kill them either.
Please take into consideration that our records are limited to the dimensional cluster we exist in, and therefore it's highly likely (as in, statistically irrefutable) that there are more powerful entities outside of it.

Last edited:
have you seen a solar eclipse and what was it like
Solar Eclipses are fascinating. The moments before and after them has a sort of dark silence unparraleled in any other time. It's also bizarre how many new life forms only make their presence known under such specific conditions, and they are very enjoyable to study.

what do derpings call mods and what is your favorite one
Mods are a skill some terrarians have which allow them to warp the physics and history of their island in the archipelago. Our favorite is Thorium as it resembles the default physics most while never failing to pleasantly surprise us.

Are you communicating through the terraria cluster, or are you communicating through another dimensional cluster that has existed?
Also when you travel between the clusters do you change forms?

Are you communicating through the terraria cluster, or are you communicating through another dimensional cluster that has existed?
Also when you travel between the clusters do you change forms?
We communicate through the Terraria Dimensional Cluster, yes.
We do change forms, but it's mostly for disguise purposes, so telling you what exactly we look like would go against the point.

Oh Wise One, should we Derplings be concerned about other races becoming extict, such as the dryads?
We have secured DNA samples of all life forms in order to prevent such things from occuring again. The Rebalancing Purge is what caused us to do this.
speaking of what DO you look like?
do you look like a normal derpling or something else?
I resemble a green derpling with an enlarged head and stunted body, with some cybernetic enhancements (including a modified nanoprism with a few "personalizations") for self defense if a breach occurs in the sanctum of knowledge. Another of my cybernetic enhancements allows me to create Terrarians and control them in order to gather data outside of the Sanctum (I can only control my created ones, though... It would be too diabolical and would just result in the derplings getting hunted down if I could hijack the ones created by the higher beings...)

Last edited:
Do you know what humans are, and if so do you have any spies in the realm? I forget if that is a cluster or not.
also do you know who these "higher beings" are, or do you only know of their presence?

Another of my cybernetic enhancements allows me to create Terrarians and control them in order to gather data outside of the Sanctum (I can only control my created ones, though... It would be too diabolical and would just result in the derplings getting hunted down if I could hijack the ones created by the higher beings...)
can you control others such as myself?

Do you know what humans are, and if so do you have any spies in the realm? I forget if that is a cluster or not.
also do you know who these "higher beings" are, or do you only know of their presence?
The higher beings ARE humans. They exist on a higher level of reality then us, so we are unable to send derplings to spy for us.
can you control others such as myself?
No, I am only able to control Terrarians as they were specifically created to be controlled. There are certain other creatures I can control in a different way, though. Slimes being an example. They began as failed derpling experiments, but now serve as our scouting drones. Rather than control them directly with my own mind, I send them remote instructions.

Last edited:
do you ever make allies with entities in other dimensional clusters, such as terrarians or foragers, or do you avoid messing with them

how many different derpling rolls are there and what are they (if to many just tell the coolest/most important ones)
The few you have most likely seen before are:
Assessors: The ones who weaken themselves and go without cybernetic enhancements in order to gather data more purely.
Scouts: The ones who sacrifice their strength and size for stealth, currently they monitor the situation in the domain of the Pigrons.
Ambassadors: You haven't met these, but the crimson has and completely mutated them.

Some of the more important ones are:
Researchers: Which take the data collected by lower roles and/or gather it and convert it into either applicable knowledge or inventions
Guardians: Which make sure no unauthorized entities enter the dimensions exclusively occupied by derplings, they have the most powerful weapons out of all roles.
Managers: Which manage all other lower roles.
Keeper Of Knowledge: There's only one, and I fill this role. My task it to give knowledge to derplings (and some others, of course ;)) who request it and compile all research into one place.

There are many other roles that I did not mention.
do you ever make allies with entities in other dimensional clusters, such as terrarians or foragers, or do you avoid messing with them
We have not, we tend to observe other dimensional clusters rather than intervene with them in order to preserve their purity.

Controlling the Terrarians is definitely one of the best ways for me to find entertainment as well.

Back
Top Bottom